Rated 1 out of 5 by Andy Bunch of Liars
Worst Customer Service experience ever. Being a SPG Gold member I requested for a room upgrade. I made the reservation for my parents' stay. I was given assurance by Mohit that the room will be upgraded. But on the morning of my parents arrival they refused by saying that the upgrade is not possible. I asked if Mohit is available, Their employee Ritu told me that he is working afternoon shift and she transferred my call to Shommy. I explained the situation to Shommy, he simply said their is nothing we can do as the upgrade room is not available. I asked him that should I call back and talk to Mohit, I was shocked when he told me that Mohit is OFF today. I said Ritu just now told me that he is working afternoon shift today? His reply was that Ritu doesn't know it and he will be in tomorrow. So in the end I settled with the Premier villa which I had originally booked. I called the next morning when my parents were suppose to check out to talk to Mohit and thank him for at least arranging the cake for my mother's B'day. But yet again Miss Ritu answers the phone, asks my name, tells me let me check if Mohit is there, comes back and tells me that he is OFF today as well. This was the height of rudeness and I decided to never ever stay at this hotel or recommend anyone going there. Anything and everything acceptable, but one should not accept such bad behavior from a 5 star hotel employees.
March 23, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by TTsays Problems to be solved
Here you go :
The rooms were not cleaned.
There were spider webs in my shower.
The Chick over looking the Tub was broken and not repaired for 3 days.
i had requested for the staff to place two garden chairs and a table in front of my room which was not done.
Food is over priced and quality is average.
(Morning of my check-out) Got a rude letter from the management saying they would take-away my luggage and only be refunded once i pay my dues???????
April 1, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by mklalwani Neither Upgrade nor Late check in permitted
Neither I was given upgrade on SPG number nor I was allowed late check out even after I requested for late checkout and I was chucked out at 10 AM to my surprise
December 9, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by Hem25 Needs improvement according to 5 star rating
stayed on 23-24 with my family.of 7.
Reception was good.
Room no.402- When we entered room and then bathroom , very tarnished mirror in bathroom ,Request management to visit and share their feedback, very unpleasent look of the bathroom.When we called couple of times on "0" , person came and briefed that we are in process of changing them and tried to pacify us that it is normal.
Is this SPG standard?
2. Room no.403- After a long journey my daughter just entered and lying on a bed for 5 mins , she just saw a very scary lizard on the bed??, she got so terrified , we again called"0" then after many calls one person was sent and then after much efforts he was able to catch that scary lizard. After that we had tough time pacifing our daughter, SPG standards again?
3. On 24 th Morning , We called "0" and asked for my elderly parents a cart for taking them around the resort at 9am and i was told that we would be getting that in 10-15 mins, then we keep requesting and we keep getting the same answer till 11:46 am, they should have updated us correctly and timely .this behaviour left us very disappointed , then i left my feed back at that very moment on your front desk. Is this the SPG policy for treating elderly customers?Staff should be more trained and seasoned.
Looking forward to hear on this from management regarding the same..........
March 25, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Nain29 Horrible experience on my Birthday
an arrangement for surprise birthday cake was made at night after dinner when the birthday was almost over despite several reminders even during a check in.
AC in the room was not effective at all.
a visit from a cat under my table while having a quite dinner at the chinese restaurant was never expected at a 5 star hotel
Tea bags took the longest time to reach our room despite several reminders to the house keeping
November 6, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5 by bhatiag Unsatisfactory experience
I was a guest at this property a few days ago. The hotel services were mixed, and while the F&b team and some of their support staff was competent and helpful, the hotel did miss on many of the basic factors that make a good stay.
1. There was no bell boy or door man at the entrance of the hotel.
2. The kettle in the too wasn't clean.
3. There was a leakage in the shower in the washroom.
4. My request for a late check out on two occasions was missed by the hotel team and I received a note early morning to check out at 12 . PM. On following up with the help desk , I did not hear back on my request for almost 2 hours. I eventually went to the reception to sort this myself.
5. I had 2 birthday celebrations in my family, and while making my reservations, I was promised a cake would be sent. This was missed.
6. I was charged Rs 350 for a milk refill for my little ones milk bottle. Most hotels don't charge for this, infant their F&b team didn't charge me for the same while I was there for dinner and breakfast. Perhaps it may be,linked to my meal plan.
7. I asked the help desk for a newspaper and that never came as well.
Overall I left disappointed.
September 24, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by sohil Good property - service needs to improve though
I was there for a weekend. Liked the property, but the staff really needs to work on the cleanliness of the rooms and the service provided. Some of the parts in the room were just not upto the standards expected at Westin properties, especially resorts of this class. Further. the service was closer to awful than perfect. The staff is not proactive at all in service - we had to ask for the room to be cleaned multiple times before it actually happened, while some of our other requests, for example the one for extra tea and coffee cups. fell on deaf ears.
June 12, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Akanksha really run down need maintenance
WE were always fans of the westin sohna property till our visit this week after 2 years! The trip was a disaster from start- Firstly- as soon as we reached - the first thing we are told is you can not carry your own chips and liquor INSIDE the room......have never heard this rule ANYWHERE in the world. I travel once a month globally....If you are staying in a room, you can carry your own bottle as long as you use it within confines of the room and not carry it around the property!! When we reached the rooms-the basics were all in place, but the property has run down and needs paint and polish in rooms, the airconditioning was poor and it was HOT, there were ants in the bathroom. We then went for a swim and as it got dark there were no lights around the pool area,even though we had ordered food, we ate it in the torch light of the cellphone, the coffeeshop breakfast was fairly disorganised- badly shortstaffed, average food , and NO AIRCONDITIONING> they had water cooolers placed inside the coffee shop. overall most disspointing. By the way there were also other things like being charged ofr a bucket of ice!!! with no option of a self service ice dispenser....like the rest of the world
September 1, 2013