Rated 5 out of 5 by Doughbuy Great hotel in Northwest Houston
Stayed here a few times in June and have a few more stays coming up, so you can tell this is my hotel of choice in this part of Houston.
First, the hotel is relatively new, and is apparent that the rooms and overall property has been kept up. Clean, comfortable rooms with plenty of power ports and connectivity options, nice pool with a decent view, and comfortable lobby. And they definitely give spg platinums proper recognition when they're not sold out (upgrades a few times, and then once no upgrade).
Front desk staff was very helpful and efficient, I stay at a lot of hotels and these guys know what they're doing. Also, the hotel is attached to the mall, if you're interested in that.
A few small issues though:
Exercise bikes in the gym weren't functioning, which is my primary method of working out.
Bar closes at 10... Yes, they might not have much business past that, but when I get off work at 10 and get to the hotel, the bar/restaurant isn't open, and there's nothing within walking distance.
TV's in the rooms are a bit small for the size of the room... Maybe I just like my TV's big...
July 16, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chrish88 Great overnight date night for our anniversary
I searched for a one night staycation for our wedding anniversary and this was perfect. We could walk to dinner and drinks with several venues to choose from. The staff was amazing and the suite we stayed in was perfect.
April 24, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Charles84 I enjoyed swimming laps in the pool
The rooms were great. Glassed in shower, King Size bed, and comfortable seating. I enjoyed mostly swimming laps in the pool. The proximity to the neighboring mall with an attached sky bridge was very convenient.
April 14, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Nitemare Double Dip
know that this hotel will hit you twice with charges and hold the money 4-5 days before it returns to you account.
April 6, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by AndyCB Great service, nice hotel
I spent over 300 nights here across three years. Of the different Starwood locations in Houston this was always a great experience. Even though my client location was across town, enduring an hour of traffic was worth it to stay here. The staff throughout the hotel was always exceedingly responsive, knew me by name, and worked very hard to give me the best experience possible (occasionally even giving me the private condos at the building's top - which were incredible). The workout room and rooftop pool were very nice and there are many good restaurants nearby. It was hard to leave my friends here and move on to other hotels after all the time at this location.
April 6, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by JackieM123 What's not to love?
What's not to love about Westin Memorial City? Anytime I need a "staycation", this is my hotel of choice. Superb customer service, beautiful rooms and amenities. And the best night's sleep one could ever hope to have. Their beds truly are "heavenly". I can't say enough good things about the Westi Memorial City. If you want to feel pampered and valued, this is the hotel for you!
April 5, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by kcrow70 Somewhat disappointed
The room was gorgeous! The bed was amazing! However, my husband requested a room with a balcony...and his confirmation says "spacious private balcony", but our room did not have one. And, I went to soak in the tub and the jacuzzi did not work at all. Wouldn't even turn on. So, it put a slight damper on our celebration.
March 15, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by Judykbh They just kept saying "we're very sorry"
Please allow me to chronicle the issues we encountered during our recent stay. I think you will easily see the pattern of poor service and lack of follow-through that we experienced there in early March 2016.
My reservation was made well in advance and I received a confirmation for:
- - a ‘traditional king’ room
- - for 5 nights
- - at a rate of $151.20 per night
1) Upon our arrival after ten exhausting hours of travel we were told that we would not be given the confirmed traditional king room as there were no more available. No one had any type of explanation as to why this happened, they were just ‘very sorry’ we were not given the confirmed room. We were given a room with two double beds which was very disappointing as my husband had decided to join me on this trip.
2) The following day I noticed that the room rate written on the back of my key-card envelope was $179. I stopped by the front desk to get the rate corrected and was once again told they had no idea why that had happened, but they were ‘very sorry’.
3) Feeling uneasy about the state of affairs, I asked them to confirm the check-out date as well and was alarmed to learn they had us booked for only four nights instead of five.
4) My husband forgot his razor and shave cream and when we asked if the front desk could provide these items they eagerly said yes, but were unable to find any in their drawers/cabinets. They assured us they would be happy to bring the items to the room for him. After several hours I repeated the request to which they responded that they were ‘very sorry’ that it had not yet been delivered and assured us they would have it sent right up. That evening it still had not been delivered so he finally went out and purchased the items in one of the shops.
5) Twice during the week our room was not serviced. The first time my husband was able to find one of the housekeeping staff in the hallway and got them to return to service our room. The second day it happened I notified the front desk and they were ‘very sorry’ and assured me that someone would come to service the room. No one ever came.
6) On the final day of our stay I returned to our room during my afternoon break only to find that my key card had been deactivated. The front desk staff who corrected the error related to the duration of our stay probably failed to take whatever follow-up action was needed to ensure that our key cards would give us access on the fifth day. Fortunately my husband was inside the room at the time and was able to let me in. We were both required to go to the front desk, show identification and get a new key card. It was at this point as the desk clerk was again ‘very sorry’ and offered us a free drink in the hotel’s lounge as consolation. When I told her that we don’t drink, she was so stunned she was speechless and had no other idea to present.
7) Upon arriving back at work yesterday I opened the email attachment from Westin and was very disappointed to learn that even though the desk clerk told me the room rate had been adjusted, one of the nights lodging was still charged at the $179 rate, and the other nights were charged at $159.20 instead of the confirmed $151.20 rate.
The actual hotel room, the facility, the food were all nice enough. The conference I attended was very useful and the service provided by the conference hosts was exemplary. So the trip was not a total disappointment. But I must say, this experience has truly shaken my confidence in Westin hotels. I’m clinging to the notion that the service we received at the Memorial City Westin is NOT indicative of Westin in general. In my travels I have stayed at quite a few Westin hotels and until now have always been delighted with the experience.
March 15, 2016