Rated 4 out of 5 by pinorim This hotel near the Pune airport
I really appreciated the staff at the concierge and also the driver (His name Nandoo)
December 11, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Gandalf No value of being an SPG Platinum
This is the second time I have had the same experience at this hotel. I booked this over a week ago. When I checked in the staff was unaware I was a Platinum preferred guest. When I pointed it out they said I could use the lounge. I then was upgraded to an Executive room. When I asked whether the policy was not to upgrade to a suite they said no suite was available. Given I have had the exact same experience before at the same hotel I can only imagine that Platinum Preferred doesn't mean much at Westin Pune. Very disappointed.
February 28, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Freemonster Changed SPG gold benefits
Stayed at this hotel 4 times last year (2012) and this was my first trip from the US for 2013 to this hotel in Pune, India. I expected the same benefits. I had been given access to the club room for breakfast and drinks and was told this time that gold no longer allows this. The service in the club floor is much higher than that the average service in the regular breakfast area. Being there for almost two weeks it was disappointing to lose this benefit. For someone who is used to these benefits at this hotel, having it taken away without warning was a huge disappointment.
March 18, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by SRMUM The staff has very low regards for Indian Guests
I have stayed @ Westin Pune multiple times. Every time the staff at the property make me feel I am a novice traveler and Westin is beyond what I deserve. It was quite difficult to wipe off from my memory, but I bravely decided to try them again this time. And I confirm it has gotten only worse. Below are instances from this visit where I felt belittled….
1. Check-in: SPG Platinum members are entitled to Suite Upgrade subject to availability. I asked the front desk at the time of check in, if I got a nice room and response was “You got a great upgrade”. To my surprise, I got a Standard room albeit on Executive Floor. An upgrade indeed, but nowhere close to a Suite. I called the Front desk to enquire about Suite availability and I got multiple excuses, but was evident there is a Junior Suite available which they refused to give me. I went online and confirmed availability of the Junior Suite room for the duration of my stay. It annoys me much when staff blatantly disregards a guest’s intelligence
2. Westin Workout: I was at the Workout area for 30 minutes during my stay. I noticed the attendant walk up to other Non-Indian guest and check on them once in a while or assist when then 1st walked in. The attendant did not talk or check on me even once. I really do not expect personal attention in the gym, but found it disturbing I was meted out little or no friendliness.
3. Westin Pool: I was in the pool for 30 minutes, no one cared to drop a bath towel while I was there whole time. I ended up walking into the Gym area wet. I expected at least some bath towels placed around the pool which I could help myself to.
4. Concierge: I asked for a Hotel Car drop to my work place. They arranged for a base category car even without asking what category I would prefer. Surprised they assumed I don’t need any other category. Or may be because I am an Indian. Read this… I heard the Concierge offer different car categories to a Non-Indian .
August 3, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by SteveB Too noisy
I have a room on the front of the hotel that overlooks the lobby reception area. Unfortunately it also overlooks the outside bar, the management of the hotel think that it is a good idea to have very loud music being played in the outside area till very late at night. I have been offered another room, but the question is why should I have to move rooms? I cannot understand how a hotel manager would sanction such loud music that I'd obviously going to upset many guests, which leads me to question the management of the hotel in all areas. Surely the fundamental function of a hotel is to provide somewhere for people to sleep and if the hotel itself is preventing this from happening then you have to question the management. I will not be coming back to this hotel and would also recommend that others don't either
April 11, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by appu17 Nice Hotel, but the food needs improvement
Overall experience was great, but food needs improvement. We had ordered club sanwich which was average in taste.......fruits served for breakfast were very fresh, but the cooked items need some more attention.
November 24, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Rockster Disappointing stay
1. I was given a base room despite my entitlment as SPG Platinum guest. On my request they upgraded me as was required after much hesitation, wasting much time and causing me much inconvenience.
2. I was not provided the Internet password etc. and when I asked for it the lady at service asked me to buy the time in contravention to my entitlements.
3. The experience at Prego last evening was most disappointing. I got a bad prawn which I returned. Much more!
December 7, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by Bisi This Hotel Reservation team is rude and unethical
I Was booked in this hotel and my Check in date was 9th Feb 2012 and My credit card was charged for the entire 3 days charges on 6th Feb 12 with out getting my consent.
More over Rs19000.04 was charged twice in to my credit card and even after repeated requests, the DM never bothered to respond.
Third rate and Rude resrvation and front office staff.
March 26, 2012