Rated 5 out of 5 by WolfE A great stay at the domain
Had a great time at the Westin domain for a company function. Heavenly bed and shower head is what I look forward to at a Westin. While not downtown, the location offers you enough things to do with your colleagues and peers.
May 17, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by AL13 Great Service
The front desk associate Muna al Sodani did a fantastic job of improving our experience at this facility!
May 14, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by AnonymousX Poor network & too few power outlets
It's really sad that such a great quality hotel like The Westin has poor network available for business gatherings. We had a 1 week stay there and I had frequent disconnects, wired connection from the room would not work at all and the speed of the link was slower than my phone's 3G. It was really complicated to do what we needed using that network. Unless you guys prefer IT companies to go to other places with better internet available :-(
Also, we didn't find enough power outlets for everybody, so constantly you would see a big extension over tables in the meeting rooms being shared by, like, 4 or 5 different people because they could not use the actual outlets as they were just a few and away from the tables/chairs...
April 24, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mercedes350 Amazing Hospitality and Great Comfort
Hotel location is perfect with shopping and restaurants within walking distance! My room was clean and the bed (king size) was very comfortable! Staffs were very friendly and helpful; one of the staffs at the Front Desk (Hanan Hassan) went above and beyond to furnish me with the necessary information regarding "live bands" in Austin! I truly enjoyed my visit to Austin and my stay at the Westin Austin at the Domain was very pleasant! I would definitely choose this hotel for my future trips to Austin!
April 19, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by SLumber21 Great location but pricy for what you get
Our stay was overall a nice one. However, upon check in we were given a key to a room that had already been occupied. A maid nearby said she would call someone to come up. We waited for 10 min in a hallway and then tracked our huge bellhop cart (along with my 9 month pregnant friend) back down for a new key. Not too big of a deal but for paying over $350 for one night I did not see the value.
April 11, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by eclipse4431 Elijah's Easter
The Westin Domain is a great and only place for us when we visit Austin, Tx...the staff is outstanding especially Sean Haughey. The Westin has been our home away from home for about 4 years and any minor issues and there have only been a couple Sean has made sure to have resolved immediately...we love this hotel and the staff.
April 8, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Devdatta A bad experience at Westin
Want to share my experiences during my stay last week at Westin At the Domain.
1. Poor room maintenance - I was in room No: 710, and the shower assembly does not work fine. In shower mode, water continues through the bath tub tap. The Fridge in Room No: 710 does not work. If someone is reading this, for God's sake, please repair/replace it.
2. Poor room design: The telephone should be placed near the bed and not on the study table. Most 4-star hotels will have an additional phone in the bathroom.
3. At the Vending Machine, I was charged $4 for a bottle of Sprint on my Card, when the display clearly says its $2. This was rectified later though.
After that I stopped picking up stuff from the Vending Machines at the hotel.
4. Wi-Fi speed is not all that great.
5. I had requested for a taxi drop to the airport at 5:00 AM on 27th March. The Yellow cab taxi finally arrived at 5:20 AM. I nearly missed my flight. Better book your cab on your own rather than going through the Front Desk.
Overall, a bad experience at the Westin.
April 2, 2015