Rated 3 out of 5 by niko123 Nice hotel, BUT
I stayed at this hotel for 10 days: very nice and modern. Huge and complete rooms, excellent breakfast and brillant breakfast staff. Nicely located between old town and Miraflores.
I have a couple of BUT:
- 0 SPG recognition. I presented my platinum card (telling that I am now gold but have not received the new card). My status was ignored (no welcome gift selection, no upgrade, ...) After asking why the answer was: I have to verify your level :/. Tired of 24h travelling I went to bed. The following day I asked another manager and got an upgrade from 8 to 19th floor. No "real upgrade", no question about the gift selection or apology for the situation. (Too spoiled of being a Platinum?)
- No Green Choice recognition: Even if I put the sign room service was done after the third day (I put then the dnd sign). Upon checkout they explained that it is valid only for 3 days during the whole stay. It is against Westin rules and moreover not communicated at all. I will follow up on that because after 3 weeks I have not yet received the green choice points (even for the 3 days).
- One day the hotel had a black-out. None of the lifts were working anymore. You can imagine how, after 30 min of waiting, we had to walk up to floor 19. How can such a hotel with 29 floors not have a emergency generator for at least a lift?
- The check-out was very slow and unproductive
- The pool was closed for maintenance for the first 4 days, would be nice to inform before booking since I guess that such maintenance are planned ahead.
- I need a modification on my invoice and since 3 days waiting for a response to my email.
April 30, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dfloh make a green choice not credited
Very good stay, however the desk forgot to give me credit for make a green choice.
Excelent breakfast, would be interesting to have more wights choices on the gym.
April 8, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by roc1 Feb Stay
excellent service throughout; Melissa at front desk was really good on arrival.
On our 2nd day we were stuck in elevator for 10+ minutes when power went out; there was no emergency light so we were in total blackness; the emergency bell did not work either.
As I have a tracheostomy I could not call but my wife who is claustrophobic shouted and fortunately as we were between floors 3 & 4, the young lady in business centre heard her and called for help.This young woman was also really nice to us when we got out of elevator.
We were rescues after a flashlight was lowered to us which reduced my wife's fear.
Bruno the Manager on duty was very good and really apologetic about the incident.
We really enjoyed our stay otherwise but have a couple of recommendations;
1) engineering should check all elevators to ensure emergency lights/bells/telephones work , on a regular basis
February 26, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by torontonianPlatinum Best customer service
amazing hotel with unbeatable customer service
February 17, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Spoonley Christmas Day stay.
We stayed over Christmas Day 2014 and the service was every bit as good as I would expect on a busy working day. Beautiful, comfortable room and very helpful service in the bar and restaurant. Particular note also of the very professional Concierge team who managed to secure a late Christmas dinner booking for us at one of Lima's top dining locations and also handled several transport requests swiftly and acurately.
This is a top standard hotel in every way but the quality of its staff in particular make it stand out.
December 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by VeryGoodPointsStacey Elegant Business Hotel
The Westin Lima is a great hotel and one of the nicer Westin Hotels I've been to. The hotel is very modern, offers a few restaurants and bar, has a Westin Executive Club with large bar and breakfast, snacks and dinner/happy hour. It's open all day which is great if you need to work.
The rooms are clean and large. SPG recognition is great - I was upgraded two levels to a one-bedroom suite. The bathroom had a waterfall shower and a separate tub, which is very nice. The room is modern and in great shape.
The staff is friendly and helpful, but many don't speak a lot of English...so it helps to know a little Spanish. Front desk, concierge, etc.. all speak English well.
I really enjoyed the hotel and would stay again.
December 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by CremaDeEstrellas Going the extra mile... again!
A few weeks ago, I had to travel unexpectedly to Lima on business. I booked my trip at 2PM and planned to sleep in Lima that same night. However, there were two massive events in town that same week, and there were no hotel rooms available at all. Not just in Starwood properties; I checked ~30 hotels and there was no accommodation at all! Right before canceling the trip, I decided to contact Cynthia Vera Benavides, the Wow Ambassador at the Westin Lima. Much to my surprise, she asked me for 1-2 hours to make a few arrangements. While I was already on my way to the airport, I received an e-mail from her, saying that my room at the Westin was guaranteed, as always.
In spite of having spent many, many nights at the Westin Lima, I still get surprised when I see such samples of extreme customer service. I wanted to thank Cynthia Vera Benavides, as well as Diego Vivanco Brehaut, for taking the trouble to go the extra mile and help me get my room. These unexpected behaviors make the Westin Lima such a great hotel!!!
October 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by JoeR85 Excellent hotel and Concierge staff
I stayed in this hotel in July 2014 and have nothing but kudos to give for the hotel itself and the staff, in particular the concierge desk. It was my first time to Lima, and I had to rely heavily on recommendations, and Steven at the concierge desk couldn't have been more helpful. Every night that me and my guest were there, he had us try different restaurants, different shopping destinations, and gave excellent bar recommendations. And all the referrals turned out to be perfect for what we were looking for. Thanks Steven!
As a frequent SPG customer, I have encountered all types of staff, and while usually polite/professional, not always helpful. That wasn't the case here. My stay in Lima was without incident or complaint and I would highly recommend this hotel and ask for Steven at the concierge desk.
September 3, 2014