Rated 5 out of 5 by tll3633 Superior Management Service
I travel to India several times a year, but only once a year to Mumbai. While I unfortunately misplaced the card for your Asst. Manager, when I discovered it a year later, I am still prompted to notify you of the excellent service from Ridhima Barha.
Ms. Barha is the model of Starwood quality and excellence. She went out of her way to ensure my rooms were transferred correctly, my meeting travel was arranged, my reservations in Mumbai were confirmed. No trip to India that I have experienced in the last five years has had as much positive influence and success with a hotel staff as with Ms. Barha. I hope she has a long career ahead of her with Starwood, wherever the location.
January 18, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by djstocko One of the best
Just returned from my 4th stay at this hotel. Excellent position very close to the Exhibition Center, but not too close to the main city center.
Being an SPG elite status, I was once again upgraded to a suite, which is just perfect. Large living area, and what can you say about the "Westin Heavenly Bed", except that its just Heavanly.
Staff are very professional, not intrusive, but are there when needed.
The Spa itself deserves top marks. Absolutely Heavenly again. Very well equipped gym, and pool area.
March 20, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Aragorn2014 Got style!
Good ambience, very helpful staff, great view & decent spread for dinner!
December 25, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by nrja Wow experience!!
They upgraded me to a large suite with floor to roof windows, best views of Mumbai. The suite was the largest I have seen at any Westins, huge sectonal sofa, dining area, seperate bedroom and large bathroom as big as a normal large hotel room.
I still can not believe how well the suite was laid out, and I will be forever amazed at the room and Service offered.
July 9, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by StationaryTraveller I went to India No.1 of the SPG 12 - Fantastic hotel
Fantastic Room Condition
Fantastic hotel food
Privilege Card Valid
Hotel staff very friendly
Fantastic club lounge
I spent 5 nights at this hotel
I strongly recommend this hotel
October 22, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by SDSD great property , well appointed room but long wait to fix table lamp
Table lamp on writing desk as also the ceiling light over the writing desk not functional. It took the hotel staff more than 30 minutes and a couple of reminders to fix this. Very frustrating given I checked in past midnight
December 10, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by dearchintu The hotel has amazing restaurant
The hotel is worth visiting. The food is of great quality and the restaurant gives a warm feeling. The assortment of food is also great. I was not impressed by the room though.The room could have been better. The stay was nice and comforting.
October 22, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5 by Savio Good hardware let down by service failures
I've stayed at the Westin 4 times in the last year. Based on my previous stays, I've give it four stars, but based on my last stay in August, I'd give it three stars. I've dropped that down to two stars for really poor service recovery. I've provided my feedback to the hotel GM via email and in person to duty managers, but after four weeks, I've gotten no reply or acknowledgement from the GM at all. I'll reproduce my feedback below:
I should have been at the Westin Mumbai this week, but I cancelled several weeks of upcoming stays there because of an unsatisfactory stay 11-18 August.
First, the good stuff. I do like the Westin - I've stayed there four times in the last year, and based on my first three stays I would have highly recommended the hotel. I do like the large rooms, the heavenly bed and the gym, and the food at breakfast, in the restaurants and room service is excellent. But this last stay just left me with a sour taste in my mouth.
1. I very much appreciate that on this last stay, I was upgraded on checkin to an Executive Club room. I know as a mere Starwood Gold (at that time, I am now Platinum), I wouldn't normally be upgraded to the club floor, but in this case I was told as my King bed preference wasn't available, I had been upgraded to the club floor to make up for the 2 single beds. Unfortunately, when I did finally visit the lounge during evening cocktails on the 15th, one of the staff told me after I'd been served a drink that as I'd been upgraded to the club floor and hadn't orginally booked it, I would be charged for the drinks. I was very embarrased to be told this in front of two other tables of guests watching, and left the lounge immediately after finishing that drink. I may not be the most frequest Starwood customer, but I've stayed more than 1000 hotel nights in the last 10 years and have never encountered such an embarrasing event before. If there is no lounge access, a club room is no different to a regular deluxe room. It was only when I gathered my thoughts later, saw on the SPG App that my reservation clearly showed "Executive Lounge access" that I mentioned my disappointment to the duty manager. The duty manager that evening apologized, and promised to credit some Starwood points into my account for the inconvenience and embarassment, but its been 4 weeks now and I haven't seen any such points in my account.
2. On the 17th, I visited the Heavenly Spa for a massage treatment to relax myself after a long week at work. While the treatment and the therapist itself were excellent, the head cushion of the massage table left two deep creases across my forehead which I only noticed when I get back to my room. Hardly the best look to wear just before heading out to an important dinner. It took me 20 minutes of massaging my own forehead to reduce the creases, leaving me more stressed after the treatment than before, and resulting in a ache around that area the next day. This sort of thing just wouldn't happen in a professional spa.
3. While the Westin website showed a price of 4800+tax for the spa treatment when I booked it, I was charged something like 5200+tax for it. When I mentioned to the spa manager, I don't think he quite got what I was trying to tell him, and offered a 15% discount "as you are a hotel guest" without quite recognising the issue. The website still shows the 4800 price a month later, so clearly nothing has changed. Its not the money - its the principle that you charge the price you advertise.
4. On one of the days, I came back late in the evening and found out my laundry bag was no longer in the room. It turns out that someone had taken it to the laundry without asking me. It took about half an hour to trace it back - not something one wants to do at 11pm when all one wants is to sleep. And they hadn't even washed any of the clothes, because one of the t-shirts had a stain, something that I normally note when I fill up the laundry slip, but they didn't really wait for me to do that, did they?
5. I know the hotel has a policy of not allowing auto-rickshaws to come into the premises because it is a mixed use building. I wish they would reconsider that. If one shows a hotel key card, surely one can be allowed to take the auto rickshaw till the lobby? I had to walk up from the gate in the dark, slipped on the wet pavement and nearly sprained my ankle.
I know this looks like a long list of complaints, but some of these things just shouldn't happen. I'm not the type to rant and say I will never return to your hotel. I will stay at the Westin when its convenient to where I need to go (because location does matter a lot in Mumbai), but I'm sorry to say that it will no longer be my preferred hotel in the suburbs.
September 22, 2013