Rated 2 out of 5 by JimKY Staff needs work
I've always thought Westin Nanshan has been a decent hotel to stay at, but over time, the overall staff needs improvement. The attitude of the staff is typical Chinese. Hotel procedures, such as entering a room after knocking, needs to be tightened up. The SPG loyalty program seems nonexistent with poor service and support. I can say that I tried the Westin Workout for the first time and it was top-notch.
February 24, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by bluenapkin Good Location, Nice Facilities but pls treat Frequent Travelers with more respect
First time staying here. Greeted by a very attentive staff during check in. I asked if i received an upgrade and was told no without any specific reason.
The executive lounge and restaurants are nicely done other than the loud noises created by people sharing the space.
Getting a taxi is rather difficult from this property, especially during raining days.
The connection to the big shopping mall and easy access to the supermarket is a plus.
February 16, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by JKP1 Very Pleased
I stayed over 75 nights from October 2013 through January 2014 over 4 different trips. Although I did not receive an immediate suite upgrade each time the staff did upgrade me when a suite became available.
The Staff was wonderful. Always friendly, helpful and stopped to talk which is nice making me feel comfortable in a country where I do not speak the language.
The Executive lounge was very comfortable, good food and drink options.
I am glad I chose this hotel and will stay here again if my travels take me bck to Shenzhen.
February 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Orion101 Nice Get Away Hotel
First time stay at this hotel. Everything was perfect. Near subway station. Good value for the room and service. Will come back to stay next time in Shenzhen.
January 26, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by DrJun if you don't expect too much about Platinum benifits, other things are good.
Only three bad experiences but other things were good.
1. When I check in, I didn't be recognized as a Platinum member but Gold member by some reason, I was denied.
2. When I request a room upgrade (just better room was also OK) but staff saw me with the mood that this person is so demanding.
I thought I have an authority to request one of my benefits, if it is available, but if not, then there will be no big merit to become a Platinum member any more.
3. When I asked to staff about the bus to go to Hong Kong airport directly from hotel, she answered to me without any confirmation that there is no such bus. But when I ask to other staff, he said of course yes.
But other things, cleanness, atmosphere, food, local attractions and access to airport (luckily I got the correct information with my 2nd question to other staff) were good.
Next time, I will not come here but try for other hotel.
September 13, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Dove Great location, disappointing upgrades
I stay here a lot for my biz trips, cause it's our corporate hotel, Great location. I like the mall, and the desserts at the executive lounge. One thing I (and most of my colleagues) don't like is the platinum upgrade. We usually get upgraded to suites when staying in other SPG hotels, but never this one. And I don't see any difference between a standard room and a so-called upgraded room. So I'd rather stay at another local SPG hotel now.
May 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Charles Fatastic hotel with great staff hospitality
1. Great location for family - Window of the World and Holiday Plaza meets all your family needs
2. Great staff and hospitality - special thanks to staff in the 2nd floor Executive Lounge to provide all-rounded attentiveness and best service
3. Great SPG member executive lounge - excellent breakfast and business facilities
One area to improve: I noticed that the writing desk of the room quite dusty, which is not Westin standard
April 11, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by ericwces Far below Westin/SPG standard hotel
Let those people know how bad the experience I have stayed in this hotel recently (even I have stayed in this hotel for several times):
1. First room - obvious/strong painting smell; changed to 2nd room.
2. Second room - Locked me out of the room (key card cannot open door but can be used at lift), cost me totally 25+ mins standing in front of my room and missed an important meeting!
3. The Wifi connection seems good at signal, but have extreme slow Internet connection, an email not able to be sent in 10 hours! They said they know this issue already for a while until I call to complaint, and it needs more than one week to fix! Change room again...
4. Offer me two rooms at the change:
a. a room can see free show and hear the music of the show out side of the window FREE! (noise is so loud!)
b. a room with strong odd smell...
I totally gave up this hotel...will not stay here ANYMORE.
January 8, 2014