Rated 2 out of 5 by Ta618 Not meet the Westin Standard
Stay many times during this few months, since February. Everytime must be something happen & make my experiences so bad.
I m a frequent traveler, I work in hospitality also. I never demand anything extra.
My experiences in different stays:-
1) shower room drain blockage & whole bathroom all wet & almost flooding.
2) Staff forget to make the corporate "food & beverage" discount on my bill, which entitle to hv 25% off.
3) Do not disturb sign On, someone call me & order me to open the door without explain the reason. Impolite attitude & I just fall as sleep even around 7pm, it shouldn't call in direct as it is night time, and DND sign was On. After long day work, difficult to hv chance to rest, but wake by your impolite staff to instruct me open door without any explanation.
4) Look around in the gym area & facilities, your staff can't provide proper info, as I try ask about any Yoga class in hotel, cause I saw the Yoga room. She only relied I don't know, so i wondering how come the staff will don't know thr hotel provide yoga class or not.
She brought me in to the pool area, but didn't remind me the entrance area hv a shower facility. So my whole body, handbag get wet. Luckily my phone is inside my handbag & not on my hand.
5) front desk provide wrong info to my colleagues, and he paid extra to upgrade the access to lounge, but the cocktail time was finish when we go up. But front desk staff told, club lounge food stop at 7pm, but drinks till 10:30pm (or 10pm). But we re-confirm with front desk staff that alcoholic drinks also till 10:30pm, and he(or she) said "Yes". Provide Info not accurate & Club lounge staff not trying to solve the problem, only keep saying we end the drinks service, who tell u ....? Etc. but not trying to see what they can do for us. Almost struggle about this for 15mins.
But why not trying to see what the guest need, instead of keep saying the same thing & not solving the problem it occurs.
6) My colleagues & me, all have a reservation confirmation, but when check in, front desk said no reservation found, keep repeat again. But we obviously hold a confirmation letter from your hotel. So, is it should find out the reason behind, not only keep repeat: "there is no reservation for u!" This should be your internal problem, so again, please solve problem when something occurs.
7) front desk staff always don't know we have a corporate rate (+ ¥100/per night & tax) for upgrade to lounge access, Everytime first to reject, and we need to repeat we have a deal with marketing & ur front desk manager Michael. Then front desk staff will know after that. Why some of the front desk staff also have wrong info & not knowledageable!
8) I usually paid my bill one night before check out, but front desk forget to make 50% off for my laundry as it is corporate contract offer. At the end, he can't adjust my bill & still ask me to go down & settle the bill again in the early morning (6:30am) when I leave. And in the early morning, usually only 1 or 2 staff there. Sometimes many people queue up in the line. So what's the point I go down one night before to settle the bill, but since your staff mistake & need me to suffer & mess up my plan.
9) Concierge supervisor not helpful, but his team member were always helpful & much better then him. How he can be a supervisor? How he can be the role model to his team?
I really want to know, why always happens something when I stay in your hotel. But not in other hotel I stayed?!
Please provide more training for your staff, that how to handle different incidents. How to provide a sincere services.
And still some compliments I should say, restaurant staff always helpful on 2nd floor. Like restaurant manager, Jeremy. And few girls in black suit who always at the restaurant entrance counter.
Front desk, June & cherry always giving a correct info, with sincere. Very good attitude & patient.
May 18, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by MCose Outstanding Hotel in China
This five star hotel is located in a very nice part of the city. Great for getting out and walking the area. The breakfast buffet is excellent. Rooms are large and comfortable and always clean. I have been visiting China for the past 11 years and I always stay at the Westin when in Xiamen.
May 15, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer Poor quality of room
Part of my clothes in my travel suitcase for my business trip got drenched in water droplets from the ceiling of the Hotel during my last stay with Westin, Xiamen, did not have the time to sort my things, I had to wear my previous days clothes to catch my appointments and further business travel.
There was no compensation or discount given, it was the worst stay of my entire Hotel stays in my 20 years business trip experience, will never want to stay in Westin again, and will not recommend Westin.
May 11, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by GraceHwc Excellent Service Staff
Am very pleased with all your service staff. They were most attentive and helpful.
April 28, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by JamesZzz Xiamen is always my second choice
My hometown is Fuzhou, I always consider Xiamen is my second choice. I'd like to say, Xiamen Westin is also maybe a second choice of mine.
If you are looking for a comfort zone with outstanding services, here it is. Hotel is big, premium status is recognized. And restaurants are good. But scene is limited. You'd like to choose a close to sea hotel if you really want to feel Xiamen.
March 13, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by TYB747 Friendly staff willing to accommodate the guests
Our team stayed in Westin Xiamen for a long project. Hotel staffs did the exceptional jobs of accommodating many last minute special requests. The facility is well designed with many excellent features. We will recommend for business travelers and likely come back again.
January 9, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by SamW112 downgrading maintenance
if i recall correctly i stayed exactly the same room as last summer, the valve of the shower and nightlight of the toilet was broken, hard for me to agree that it hasnt been fixed for such a long period... this is really disappointing
April 29, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by jerry1974 Great hotel
Best hotel in Xiamen. Rooms are beautiful. Excellent facilities.
April 18, 2015