Rated 3 out of 5 by sherrik disappointing
We stayed at the Westin last year and had a completely different experience. This year we came into a room with the bathroom floor dirty with hair and the bathtub was filthy. We called to have it cleaned and 2 1/2 hrs later at 11 pm they came to clean it. We are from Florida and requested a humidifier, were told they were out, then an hour or so later they called and said they had one and would send it right up, over 2 hrs later we got it. When we finally got into bed after a long day of travel, found the sheets stained and with hair on them. Most days the bed was very sloppily made, one day they didn't even cover the mattress by 12 inches. The previous year I would have rated everything as superb on every level.
March 3, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 Great location - Not a five star hotel though
While this Westin property is located slope side, the layout could really use improvement. Westin acquired this dated hotel and remodeled the interior without improving the layout.
For example, in order to reach my room, I had to walk two corridors, a connecting bridge and take two elevators, one of which was a tiny, slow freight elevator.
While the room was clean, Westin remodeled the shower with a half pane of glass and no door. Water soaks the entire floor of the bathroom (in addition, the caulk seal at the base of the glass was bad on ours so water went everywhere.
For those that enjoy Westin heavenly beds may want to reconsider staying here. Our king mattress was as hard as a board and definitely not what we are used to sleeping on at Westin properties.
One last remark, there possibly was a problem with the heater for the hot tub, one day it was hot and the next freezing. In addition, the staff does not seem able to keep towels in stock for the guests to use. We had to phone them multiple times to get towels delivered...
March 6, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jackattack123 Staff Blunder tainted trip
Hello - we liked a lot about our stay at the Westin Snowmass. However, when I called to ask what shuttle we should take to make our flight home at 11am, the staffer on the phone (named Megan), said we would be fine with the 10am shuttle as it only takes 10 min to get through security. That was incorrect, and we missed our flight as a result. We were obviously pretty upset about this.
However, Wendy at the front desk was great and gave us late-checkout so we could hang out and ski a bit more while waiting for our new flight at 7pm.
One other issue - the elevators always took a long time due to the volume of people going from the mall/ski valet to their rooms. A bit of a hassle, especially with a bunch of families with little kids. A shuttle to downtown aspen (as opposed to the bus) would be helpful as well.
March 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Williasp Great location right on the ski slope
The Westin re-make is a nice improvement over it's predecessor SilverTree hotel, where we have stayed many times. The staff was especially friendly and courteous and made every effort to make our stay pleasant. Special kudos to Evan the omelette guy, Maggie at the front desk, and Ellie the concierge. Starbucks coffee in the room was greatly appreciated.
The only hiccup was that we were not given the specific room we requested even though we were informed it was blocked for us the week prior to arrival. We received no response to a message left for the reservation manager for an explanation. However, the front desk provided an acceptable resolution.
One suggestion: Please replace the chairs/sofas in the lobby with something more comfortable. The current ones are too low and deep.
March 2, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by jennyhed Westin Snowmass - 1 stop experience!
We love to ski in Colorado and took advantage in February of the kids "ski" week. The Westin Snowmass was top-notch from start to finish!
1. Location is superb - ski in/ski out
2. Airport Pick up and Drop off (we didn't even rent a car this time around)
3. Shuttle service within the village was easy and we were able to dash to the store to stock up on kid-food and adult-beverages.
4. Kids Club - I only go to hotels with kids club. Rose the director of kids club was so amazing and engaging with both the children and the parents.
5. Management & Staff were amazing; valets, connoisseurs, waiters, etc....everyone was helpful and excited to help.
6. Spa right on-site and we were able to get an appointment scheduled after we checked in. (1 less thing to worry about ahead of time)
I would recommend this hotel for both a family stay as well as an adult-only get away.
March 3, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Kham17 Decent Hotel
The service was lacking at this hotel especially for being a Westin. The service at the front desk could be improved as they did not explain or give me everything I needed, which resulted in multiple trips back to the desk. The ski valet people were also very rude and unaccomodating. I stayed in a standard double queen room and it was just ok.
March 4, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by wahoo2007 Ski Valet is a HUGE disappointment
I was highly disappointed with the service I received at the Ski Valet. Below are a few incidents during my stay:
1. I asked the staff if I could drop off two board to get waxed at 4:54pm; the staff member said that they closed the register since they close at 5pm and complained/mumbled something about having to do "a lot of paperwork". The apparent answer was "no" based on their response; however, they ultimately let me drop off the boards. When I was leaving the valet, I saw the staff member take note of the bindings angles and started removing the bindings.
2. I picked up the waxed boards the next morning and the quality of the job was sub-par at best; there were still areas on my board without wax. Also, the bindings were not put back on. One staff member was helping my husband and I set up and screw in the bindings in the morning; he asked my husband to confirm his stance (regular) but then failed to setup the bindings the correct way. I also realized at that point that my board was marked up with permanent marker (to indicate where the screws were for the bindings). This is unacceptable as it devalues my board.
3. My family and I arrived in the evening to drop off our boards at ~4:57pm and received eye rolls and heavy sighs from one staff member; he kept saying "we close at 5pm". It was not even 5pm yet...
4. My family and I arrived in the morning to pick up our boards for the day and they were only able to locate and bring out half of the boards. The staff member asked me to come to the back to locate the "missing" boards. After looking for our hotel room numbers on the white board, I was able to locate all boards. The staff member did not initially look very thoroughly.
I understand that the ski valet closes promptly at 5pm and everyone wants to get out on time but operations should not be shut down prior to 5pm. Overall, the ski valet staff was also not very courteous, attentive, or thorough - a huge disappointment.
However, I was pleased with the service I received with the airport shuttle (Corey is awesome) and through Service Express.
March 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by DaveyG AMAZING
Perfect location, Perfect service, Perfect room, just perfect all round. I will be back again
March 2, 2014