Rated 5 out of 5 by misnoskcaj Truly Fabulous!
Everything from arrival to check-in, the room itself, the service rendered, the food enjoyed, check-out, and all else in between were just wonderful and immaculate.
July 15, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by nareto Chic, stylish, comfortable and convenient hotel
First time stay at W hotel Taipei. The location is very convenient. There is a bus station next to the hotel that you can take a bus to airport directly. The MRT station is near-by and a big shopping mall with plenty of nice restaurants.
The staff is very well-trained and helpful. The hotel room is beautiful. The comfort of the room is more than I expected. Quality of bed, bed sheet, amenities, etc is of high standard.
July 7, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Benjamin007 This hotel has very good features
I and family all feel very good
July 6, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bradlz The W Promise - consistently delivered by all staff.
Having stayed at other W hotels, I was looking forward to my first stay at W Taipei. I can say, without a doubt, that it was the staff that impressed my friends and I most. The efficiency and willingness of different team members to accommodate requests impressed my friends and I immensely. The reservations staff fulfilled my request for two interconnecting rooms which the check-in staff checked me into smoothly and seamlessly (unlike a previous experience at a different SPG hotel). One friend had books delivered to the hotel prior to our arrival and one of two boxes was in her room. The second box arrived at the room soon after we did. The nightly happy hour for Gold and Platinum SPG members at WOO Bar was a wonderful surprise and despite running extremely late and arriving with one minute to spare, we were seated and afforded a great happy hour experience. When we found out that the pool was open 24 hours, two of my friends took a 3am swim. They knew there would be no lifeguard on duty but were pleasantly surprised when a security guard kept an eye on them and their belongings making them feel a whole lot safer. He even took some photos for them. Also, it was a nice surprise to receive a pre-arrival email from our personal ambassador, Gary. Knowing direct assistance was even closer at hand if we needed it certainly made the weekend carefree. Overall, seeing the W brand being consistently delivered by the staff members my friends and I encountered was certainly the highlight of our stay.
July 1, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tadpole Home away from home
The W staff is really top notch and has made this W hotel a favorite of mine. The workout facilities, the WooBar, the Yen Bar all are great places to rest up after a busy day. The hotel staff, particularly Joyce, Vivian and the WooBar team have made me feel very welcome, and have great recommendations for local restaurants if I don't want to have dinner at the hotel. Cary, TJ and Mathew are all great hosts and stop by if I'm in the WooBar to make sure everything is fine. The rooms are very comfortable, well decorated and the ammenities are very good. I hope to return soon some day!
June 30, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by miroke Great facilities, horrible (reception) staff
I have booked this hotel for a weekend with friends. But from check in everything went wrong: booked package for three people, only two people were allowed: extra charge. Even though booking was three adults, room was not made for three beds: upgrade: extra charge. Staff promised to reply our complain: not done. Received voucher for a free drink: woobar staff was not aware of this voucher... etc etc... Big communication issues in this hotel! Very pitty as this is not a cheap hotel, so you expect certain level. Well, not in W Taipei. Good luck!
PS: Facilities and location were good :)
June 29, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by cngsg W at its best
Had a wonderful night stay to end my trip to Taipei. Matthew and his team was there to make it special and helped in arranging a nice room for us. It was indeed heartwarming to see such good service especially from Matthew who was there to receive us at the reception as well. The happy hour for Gold and Platinum members is also a good touch and adds recognition for members. Overall, excellent service, great rooms and one of the best W that I have stayed so far.
June 14, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by MsChong Wonderful Anniversary
We celebrated our anniversary for this trip, W Taipei is very warm hotel, they prepared the heart-shaped cake for us, we were so surprise about this.
Front Desk staffs are friendly and professional, when I asked some information about the clinic, they explained to me very patiently. We are very satisfied with this stay, and will come back next time.
June 13, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Aniablobrow memorable experience
Sarah provided a personalized experience at the hotel and went above and beyond. It was because of her that my stay at the W in Taiwan was exceptional. Thank you I cant wait to come back!
May 2, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by bcchung Mattress too soft
I have stayed at this property quite a few times, and every time I have felt that the bed mattress was too soft. This time, I figured I would ask to see if there was something the hotel could do. Staff was quite responsive to my concern which was something I want to acknowledge, but when I came back from a long day of work that day, I realized they have inserted a piece of wooden board above the original mattress. This is something unheard of and it was not effective and uncomfortable. They came and took away the wood and turned over my original mattress instead as an alternative. It ended up being slightly better but to be honest, I don't expect this kind of solution for a 5-star hotel such as W. They should really have a real alternative including different types of mattresses/beds.
April 29, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by haba101 best W in starwood
Normally a W is not my usual choice, but have stayed in many. This property is by far the best W, and right up there against all the Starwood brands. The decor, while W modern is still comfortable. As a platinum, I have sometimes felt that the W brand is somewhat aloof. While no W has an executive club, a complimentary happy hour in their spectacular bars, my favorite being the Yen bar on the 31st floor, is far superior to the typical club lounges. Thank you, also for the generous upgrade to the gorgeous marvelous suite. Every great Hotel is also dependent on its staff. Here, this W, also excels. My special thanks to all those whose names, I have forgotten, but special mention must be given to Joyce, who did so much to make our stay special. As an example, made a dinner reservation, at a hard to get into spot. We were a little late, but the host new us by name when we walked in the door, because Joyce phoned to make sure we arrived safely. That is truly being a W insider. Thank you Freya and Aki, for arranging our rail tickets to Hualein for our visit to Taroko Gorge. And finally for our most happy, happy hours in the Yen bar served by Farrah, Alice, and Jay, and I am sure other names that I missed.
April 23, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by vee88 Everything a W is supposed to be!
Location - Extremely convenient. In the heart of the city and an easy commute to the many good restaurants and cool bars etc. A short walk to the subway station, and I did not encounter any problems getting taxis whenever I needed one.
Rooms - was upgraded to a suite due to platinum status. The suite was very spacious, tastefully furnished and decorated. The toiletries were of very high quality (as is to be expected of a W) and were consistently replenished generously.
Service - Mindbogglingly good! An amazing example of the "whatever/whenever" culture that every W in the world should aspire to! (see more about this below)
Restaurants - Ate a very quick dinner at the chinese restaurant, Yen. Food was good, and service was attentive and great. Tried the breakfast buffet at The Kitchen Table. Excellent spread.
Bar - Loved the WooBar. Good cocktails, great service, excellent vibe! Enjoyed the complimentary 5-7pm happy hour for gold/platinum SPG members. Try out their interpretation of the Bloody Mary! There was a good crowd at this bar almost every night of my stay at the W.
- Amazingly efficient check-in experience. Kudos to Zelos, his enthusiasm for his city is infectious and a welcome tonic after a long and tiring flight. Made me feel very welcome and special to be an SPG member.
- Service at Yen, the Chinese restaurant, was very efficient. I told them i was in a rush and needed to have a meal as fast as possible. They managed to deliver my order within 3 minutes of seating me (by giving me accurate information on what items would be the best to order for quick serving times), and the meal was completed and paid for within 15 minutes during dinner time on a Friday evening. Unfortunately, i was in a rush and did not take down the name of the waitress.
- The concierge service was amazing. Whenever I stay at a W, I try to test out their Whatever/Whenever policy. The W Taipei team truly exceeded the high level of service that I have come to expect from a W hotel. I had such a good and relaxing time during my stay in taipei, I wanted to return for a longer stay to learn the language and also learn more about the city. So I asked for them to help find me the best place to learn mandarin, information on renting apartments for a longer period, and also information on the visa application process! They did their absolute best in getting me the information for my unconventional requests.For the more conventional requests such as restaurants to sample the local cuisine, and cool bars to visit, they provided extremely good recommendations that fulfilled my criteria. (Members of staff who were particularly helpful - Jasmine and Freya, thank you very much! When I said I wanted to experience the cuisine that is typically enjoyed by the locals, rather than those recommended for tourists, Freya provided me with a detailed itinerary of restaurants to visit, and instructions of what to order, so as to maximise the number of different types of dishes I could sample at several places for one meal!).
- Woo bar is a great place to hang out. Bartender service was exceptional esp a young man named Courage. He did his best to educate me on ingredients of cocktails and my questions about the bar scene in Taipei although his english proficiency was not perfectly fluent. The usual response would have been to take the easy way out and provide short standard answers.
I spent a rainy afternoon reading at the bar and felt completely at home!
- Concierge service on the ground floor was very good too. A young lady named Yeinn (hope that this is correctly spelled) was particularly helpful and courteous. The team was always ready to help with a smile!
Something to improve on :
- For the breakfast buffet, I think it would be good to have a sign at the egg station to explain why sunny side up eggs were not available (prevention of avian flu, apparently) rather than have various guests ask for the same thing repeatedly!
Overall, one of the best experiences at a hotel ever for me and definitely a standard of service that all SPG hotels should aspire to. Exceeded the high expectations that I have for every W hotel I stay in. Made me not want to leave!
April 21, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by BogeyMike Not Acceptables
We go to Taipei every six months and usually stays at either Le Meridian or W hotel, both in Eastern District. We stayed in Le Meridian last year and was not too impressed so this time we choose the W hotel. We have been here back in 2014 and there are plenty of reviews already so I just want to point out a few things that are NOT ACCEPTABLE.
1. Every morning around 6:30 - 7am we came down to Woo bar area for a cup of free coffee and relax. There are already plenty of staff at the lobby area and they kept smiling at us like we looked funny and they expect us to smile back! That is NOT ACCEPTABLE because we just woke up, had jetlag and we are grumpy. We don’t want to smile and we don’t want to be happy. We just want to remain grumpy, at least through the morning coffee. Don’t need to cheer us up!
2. And it gets worse throughout the day. Everywhere you go, there are staff everywhere and they all smiling at us and asking if we need help. We are old but not that old. We don’t need help every step of the way. We are grownups and we should be able to figure our own ways!
3. One time we were walking toward the guest elevator (in front of The Kitchen restaurant). An office lady staff was walking in front of us going into The Kitchen. She saw us behind her so she pushed the elevator button for us then disappeared. Now that is just WEIRD and NOT ACCEPTABLE. Remember when you were kids, you always fighting to push the elevator buttons? Well, she just took that pleasure away from me. I think all their staff are like kids, because I see them rushing to push buttons for guests all day long. And what if we got used to others pushing buttons and forgot how to? We would be standing in front of elevator forever in other hotels. So for our own sakes, please do not push elevator buttons for us.
4. We normally don’t eat breakfast in the restaurant, too formal at 6, 7 o’clock in the morning. One day we made a breakfast reservation in The Kitchen to meet our friends. It was supposed to be a simple “buffet” breakfast yet it turned into a full service meal. The keyword is “buffet”, yet I don’t think the staff understand the concept of “buffet? They tailor made omelet, cook special plates, bring specialty coffees, heat up soy milk and even bring fresh pressed vegetable/fruit juice for us. I mean I did not wait in line for fresh juice, I just told the server what I want – Carrot/Apple/Orange. What happened to a simple “buffet”? The definition of buffet means I get it myself right? What’s next? Feed me too? NOT ACCEPTABLE. I got so stuffed I cannot eat anything else for the rest of the day and I still have nightmare that three staff were serving our table at once – do you need coffee, omelet, milk, ….. AHHHHH, leave me alone!
5. We are Starwood Gold members so we are used to be recognized throughout the Starwood hotels. But W hotel in Taipei took it too far. They have this “free happy hour” for gold members from 5-7pm. Most of the days we were too busy to go but one day we came back early and gave it a try. We thought they would give us one drink and leave us alone. No such luck! The lady first opened a NEW bottle of champagne for us, then keep coming back for second, and third, or cocktails, or beers…. I think they get a bonus if they can get the guests drunk, for free! By the time we left for dinner at 6:30pm, we were already half drunk and stuffed with snacks. How are we supposed to show up at a dinner party half drunk and stuffed? NOT ACCEPTABLE!
6. When I checked out at 4pm, all the counters were busy so I wanted to wait in line and enjoy viewing the hotel décors. No such luck! Here jumps out a lady and hustle me to another counter and rushing to check me out. It’s like they are just rushing to kick us out! I cannot even wait in line to enjoy the scenery and décors of the hotel? That lady was even trying to grab my 20 pound backpack and carrying it downstairs for me. Now that was just embarrassing. I am not that old and I am still capable of carrying my own weight. What would people say if I gave that 20 pound backpack to a lady that was barely my daughter’s age?
In summary, if you are traveling to Taipei and you prefer to remain grumpy, ignored and left alone, please don’t go to W Taipei! You are not going to be happy (I mean grumpy) there!
April 17, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by PatricW Vivian is amazing!
Vivian's hospitality has made W Taipei my second home! I would just like to say a public thank you here!
April 16, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by PatricW Keyless
Happened to be the first guest using keyless this past Tuesday. Feel so honored!
And, I'm just super happy that I can do away with my room card from now on! I even don't need to remember my room number! What a big bonus for someone like me who get assigned a different hotel room number every week!
W Taipei is just great! All the staff I met there are just fantastic!
April 16, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by HCLin Wonderful Experience
This is my third times visiting W Taipei in past three months and also honored to be the SPG Keyless user.
Very amazing and technological experience. Also thank Duty manager, Mr. Song. It's workable.
April 16, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dragon66 Great to be home!
Unbelievable staff and excellent food and cocktails!
One of the best hotels in Asia in my opinion.
Keep up the good work!!
April 10, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cyroski Perfect for romantic & stylish stays
I went to W Taipei with my date and we had a great time staying there. The hotel staffs were very friendly and helpful. The building was very stylish and modern. Since I was the gold member, i was welcomed by free happy hour as well as complimentary access to the special W party. Had an amazing stay and I will definitely recommend my friends to stay there.
March 31, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by AK2726 W = Wow & Great hotel!
Having read so many positive reviews about W Taipei, my wife and I decided to stay at W Taipei for a night before heading back to Malaysia. The hotel location is pretty strategic – walking distance to Taipei 101 & the Taipei City Hall MRT station is connected to the hotel from ground floor,
Staffs are very friendly and helpful and they took pride in their work. Check in was done at level 10 & the whole check in process will be completed in less than 5 minutes. Luggage will be delivered to your room after check in. The front office staff also remembers that I will be celebrating my wife birthday and the hotel has arranged for the complimentary birthday cake.
Rooms are pretty spacious, and the design theme is modern & chic. The design of the bathroom is pretty cool and the range of toiletries is one of the most complete I have ever seen – up to the extent of facial wash.
The SPG elite recognition is good – complimentary happy hour from 5pm to 7pm for elite SPG members at Woo Bar & Yen Bar, however we did not manage to attend as we are too busy shopping at the nearby Taipei 101. In the room, there is 2 bottles of complimentary Fiji bottle water in the mini bar for elite SPG members & complimentary Wi-Fi usage. The speed is fast and the connection is stable.
We did have the afternoon tea at Yen Bar located at 31st floor. The view was spectacular & the tray design was inspired by Taipei 101.
A stay at W Taipei is not complete without visiting the Yen Restaurant. Food was great and the staffs are very friendly and helpful in advising the dishes to order. Breakfast spread at the Kitchen Table is good.
Check out was fast and we also use the hotel limousine to the airport. The chauffeur was friendly and very professional. As it was raining during the journey, he drove the car under the flyover to minimize the rainfall sound. We enjoyed our journey to the airport.
Overall, it is a pleasant stay at W Taipei.
March 27, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Marko79 The best hotel experience ever!
Upon arrival I was immediately impressed with the look of the hotel. It truely is something out of this world. Not only does the hotel have a modern feel to it, but the staff are also young. But don't let that fool you; as the service and attentiveness is second to none. I will definitely choose W hotel as my choice of stay next time I travel.
March 21, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by SINK After 80+ nights, still marvelous.
We have logged 80+ nights here as leisure guests (non-business stays). This is our preferred hotel while visiting Taipei. What makes this place so special is the welcome we received from all the "talents". I want to thank the "experienced" talents who are still there when we first checked in over 4 years ago (the year when the hotel opened in 2011; Dora, Tracy, and Sandra; who have recently returned). Although this trip we did not get to see Cary and had minimal interaction with Joyce. We are still glad that they are still around ensuring guests received the warm hospitality. We want to thank all the talent at Kitchen Table and Yen for putting up with us. Special thanks to Theresa and Vida for their assistance. We are sadden to noticed that plenty of talents have departed. I wish management could take a look at its retention program. However, we have observed that there are plenty of opportunities for cross training.
March 20, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by HCLin Nice W hotel
This is my second stays in past three months, all the SPG Platinum benefits are provided，Marvelous suite upgraded and Happy hours in Woobar or Yen bar. Stuffa are very nice and professional.
March 17, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by LegalWill Fabulous place to spend time in Taipei
The W Taipei is a fabulous property. Staff are attentive and the facilities and state of the hotel are excellent.
I was disappointed to be told that spend on spa treatments when staying at the hotel is not eligible for SPG points.
February 28, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Malachi Exceptional customer service
This was my second time staying at W Taipei in three months and I was impressed again by its outstanding customer service from the welcome desk to the restaurant reception to the spa staff, making my stay a pleasant and unique experience during this holiday.
The location is superb, within walking distance to major attractions including 101 building and many shopping malls.
February 22, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by SwimmerHK Unannounced closure of the pool
It's pretty annoying that the hotel would closed the pool for a week for a private function and not issue a notification on your website. I would have stay somewhere else if that was the case.
February 9, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by tommyang A Great W Property
I don't normally write reviews on SPG site, but this property warrants one.
Many good things about this property:
- Location (MRT, Taipei 101, Eslite Bookstore, etc.)
- Huge breakfast @ The Kitchen Table
- Amazing SPG Recognition (especially WOOBAR Happy Hour & Fiji Water)
- Cheerful & helpful employees (I want to highlight their excellent English proficiencies. )
- Complimentary NYE party access for guest
The only thing I didn't like was the 2 elevator systems (one operates on 1~10F and the other 10+F) but I guess that's not something the management can easily fix.
February 2, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by tanitan wonderful hotel ever!
room condition is so nice and bed was so confortable
February 1, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Graham66 One of the best W Hotel's in the world
I have now stayed at the W Taipei on several occasions. Now and then I have had to stay at other hotel’s in Taiwan as the W has been full. Without a doubt the W Taipei has the WOW factor.
From the moment you arrive you are treated and valued as a guest to the hotel. In typical Taiwanese fashion the understand what true customer service is. The rooms are amazing and the suits are spectacular. The food is some of the best hotel food you will experience. The GYM is the largest hotel gym I have come across for some time. The most important thing is the team at the W. The level of service they provide is at a the highest standard and this is why I always make the W Taipei my first choice.
January 27, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by Woodbar The Worse Staff in Bar
The staffs in the bar were not very professional, to the most, they did not treat their customers with respect at all, It is not single one person it starts from the receptionist to some of the service people.....
And there manager and assist. manager were too bust to taken care the problem and not even had the time to said hi....
Breakfast area even has smell of smoke from the tourist - more than twice...
Guests made loud noisy in the evening, lobby and breakfast area..
January 14, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by UncleDiver Always a great experience at Taipei W
Great location near shopping and night life. The staff is very helpful and charming. The moment you enter the hotel, you get into a good mood quickly. It is probably the music played at the facility. The breakfast is outstanding. I will always come back to W for my Taipei trip.
January 12, 2015