Rated 4 out of 5 by Andy First time at W Singapore
1. V nice decor and excellent location, being next to the Marina
2. over-crowded on Sat & Sun (esp in areas eg b'fast venue) perhaps due to local wkend family getaway
3. slightly below say W Taipei in terms of services level; response time etc)
4. need more choices of food at the pool eg club sandwiches, hotdogs; Asian noodles, pasta)
June 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ftanhc Great pool, spa & gym facilities
My kids and I love the pool, they have floating mats, beach balls and water sprays to keep us busy. Nice music been played all day. Swimming at night is lovely and romantic. The indoor spa was rejuvenating. Overall, the hotel atmosphere is fun and vibrant! we even rented the hotel bicycles to explore the nearby vicinity and tried out the various restaurants at quayside ise. It would be perfect if they have buggy for family usage or segway. We have great view of the pool from our room. Would be good if they can incorporate the price of kids breakfast in the package. We would definitely visit the hotel again. Keep it up W hotel! Your staff are simply wonderful, esp your housekeeping staff at L7.
August 12, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Junecello Best Staycation location in Singapore
I redeemed two night stay with W Sentosa using my SPG points for my wife's birthday celebration, since we just had our first child and W Sentosa seems to be the best location we can get in Singapore. The checkin process started bumpy as the hotel had a full house for the weekend, finally we were checked in by 3:40pm after B&F Insider from the Woolbar have to personally follow up with the housekeeping team to expedite my room.
Since it was for my wife's birthday celebration, when I stepped in the room and noticed the expected arrangement had not been done and due to mis-communication with the Whatever-whenever staff, i was quite unhappy and upset with experience by then. Fortunately, my feedback was heard and action was taken immediately, guest service manager reach up to me clarified and even took care of our hi-tea in the woodbar on the following day. My staycation experience went over the root after then.
My wife remarked that the AWAY-SPA was probably the best SPA she ever had ( she is a big fan of SPA), the breakfast spread in the Kitchen table was fantastic, one of the best among many hotels i stayed. Since the hotel was on full house during my first night, W Sentosa was not able upgrade us as part of my SPG platinum benefit, but luckily we were upgraded into Marvelous Suite on the second night and the room was so great that we just want to spend the rest of our day in the room, marina view, great outdoor furniture, Jacuzzi bathtub... definitely make all other hotel room we stayed before mediocre!
We love SKIRT restaurant in W hotel for the fact that they serves great quality of food and specialties such as dry-age steak. Many might think the steak house in the 5 star hotel on Sentosa will be pricey, I personally think it is very reasonable compared to many steak house in Singapore.
We already thinking about another staycation in W Sentosa again!
December 3, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sleepwalker Great Anniversary Staycation!
Wonderful facilities with tasteful design which brighten one's day. Room facilities were great. However a minor let down was experienced as the inviting bathtub has a faulty drain plug which cannot be repaired. Hence was unable to enjoy the tub and the thoughtful bath amenities provided.
The pool was beautiful. Especially liked the floating "things" left in the pool for our use. The bean bag in the water was my favourite, Hopefully the tear observed on the bag cover can be repaired or replaced. Would be sad to see it removed during my next stay.
Service received was excellent all round. Encounter with counter, pool, restaurant, and whatever/whenever staff were pleasant and helpful.
December 13, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Corym So serious teething problems - I would wait 6 month to a year before staying at the hotel
As an platinum SPG member I made a redemption booking to staying at the W for a short getaway with family but be warned there are some major teething problems so be patient or wait 6months to a year before staying
Issue we had
1).It all started bad when 4 bell boys watched me drive up and offered NO assistants while my pregnant wife and 5 year boy got out of the car, they continued to watch and argue when i started to unload the car... only jumping to work when shouted at (not the way to start a stay)
2) If your an spg member be warned they don't seem to know how to handle you and you will need to let them know what benefits you are initiated to. I tried to use the suit rewards but was told i couldn't as the suits where all full!! Not you can see all the rooms from the pool
3) Staff need more training - the GM needs to be ripped a new one in my opinion as the level of disorganization is at epic proportions - just a few examples A) i was called 3 time regarding breakfast being told i had it, i didn't then i did???? B) Breakfast is a train wreak, staff seem to be running around and knocking into gussets, busy with trivia tasks and not making sure guest are relaxed and have everything. room was not ready for us and staff seem to keep coming with this, that and the other thing..ahhhhh
4) ONLY 2 restaurants - over priced i would advise you either drive out to vivo or eat room service as the two restaurants are over priced and offer very limited and poor quality of food -and if your a young family one restaurants banns kids under 12 and forbids you to share food (HELLO this is ASIA!!! and a family hotel!!!)
5. the pool has too few spots to sit and even fewer places in the shade!!! HELLO WE ARE 100miles of the equator... its HOT
6. Rooms are nice but offers very few tv channels in comparison to other SPG hotels -i would bring movies or games
I'm sure most of this can be fixed, but unless you have to stay now i would wait... and thank god this was only a few days
October 27, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by STtt Singapore W - Hotel staff need more training
In general, the facilities at W Singapore are good, but the staff seriously need a lot more training.
Some restaurant staff don't even speak much English, others serve with no sincerity with no smile whatsoever.
The spa has good facilities, but the maintenance was totally unacceptable:
1) there was no hot water from the shower. When asked, the attendant replied "that's a common problem, it takes 10 minutes for water to heat up, if you want to use hot water, you can use the Jacuzzi!" Do you expect your guests to take a bath in your Jacuzzi?
2) I was the only person in the changing room and it wasn't busy at all, but the shower stalls were dirty, one had underwear and towel on the floor, another one had conditioner all over the door knob, the third one had oil on the floor and very slippery.
3) all the bath soap dispensers in the showers had no soap in them, instead they were filled just with water!
The good thing was that when I gave my feedback to the guest relationship manager, she was apologetic and sent us a box of chocolate and a couple of spa vouchers.
February 20, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Karus88 Disaster Hotel
One of the worst hotels I have stayed in. Unbelieveable the W Sentosa can get away this with absurd level of quality and professionalism. I made the following complaints, in a written note, to the management of the W Sentosa:
1. Shower failed to maintain a consistent temperature - either too hot or too cold.
2. Outside lounger (the only lounger in the room) had a terrible smell and could not be used (the management agreed!) It was the only lounger in the room so nowhere else to sit except on hard wooden chairs.
3. Three doors in the room, two had locks and one didn't. As this was a ground floor unit this was a clear security flaw and unacceptable at a W hotel. Anyone could walk in.
4. Room on the first day was not cleaned until 3:30pm and only after I called house keeping. This is unbelieveable because I spent the day outside only to return for a rest before dinner and my room was not cleaned! I do not believe they would have cleaned the room until 5pm or later unless I called for service. After the room was cleaned I noticed they forgot to remove my breakfast from the table!
5. The room was an expensive (W called it an 'exclusive' pool suite) suite with a pool leading to the front lawn. On one side of the pool was a tall wall, but on the other side overlooking the gym and main walkway to the hotel pool area was only a small, glass fence. So onboth days we had wedding party visitors leaning over the glass wall and looking into the room. W management says that the hotel is designed to be 'visual and open' but I dodn't think that meant we would be the main attraction! This was a design flaw - in the least the fencse should have been made of frosted glass and taller to keep people from leaning over and looking into the room!
6. Mosquitos were bad when sitting outside, I had to go to a local store to purchase mosquito spray. Not cool in a city known for Dengue.
7. Wifi was patchy and slow. I don't think a business traveler could use the wifi successfully. Both my wife and I have PCs and iPads/iPhones that consistently timed out or the connection simply dropped.
Management visited us in the room and acknowledged the issues and offered a complimentary breakfast (~$45). I would have thought that paying $750++ per night for the room, and management fully accepting the failures of the room, that they would have offered another room. We had nowhere to sit as the lounger was disgusting, the shower didn't function, there were clear security flaws, and we had people leaning over the wall. I was truly shocked.
The final straw? We had dinner that evening in-room and when it arrived I noticed something odd on my plate. Looking closer I noticed the cooks failed to remove the manufacturers label from one of the food items - I have a photo! This is an oversight of epic proportions because it concerns me that the food may have not been cleaned, and secondly that it was cut and put on the plate without anyone even noticing a giant green sticker on the food!
The W Sentosa is a disaster of a hotel. It met none of my expectations and I am a frequent visitor to W hotels around the world - in fact they are my primary hotel (or Westin at least). There is something dramatically wrong at the W Sentosa that needs serious management attention. I cannot return to this hotel and would advise others to avoid it for other, much better, hotels in Singapore and on Sentosa. In fact I noticed that the W wasn't particularly full at any time during our stay, so perhaps the word is out already that this is a no-go hotel.
April 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by dlkc99 SPG Member
While there is a sign showing a separate queue for SPG Gold / Platinium members, there is only a general queue. I have to ask the counter staff if there is a separate queue before another staff came to me and attend to me (outside of the general queue). Beside this, the stay at this hotel was excellent. Staff were courteous and attended to us promptly. Food at the kitchen table were good except certain food were not even warm.
March 24, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gamma Superb experience
We are Singaporeans and my wife and I chose the W for a wedding anniversary staycation. It helped that we got an upgrade to a Fantastic Suite from the Fabulous Room that we had booked. The facilities were great, staff very attentive, and we had a very good time. The marina area right outside the hotel offers a lot of good food options too.
April 1, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Dio95 Improve area
First day when I arrived to the hotel, I stayed in the room in order to get my luggage over 1 hour. I called the front desk many times, but they also can't find my luggage. that I missed one important appointment. just because of the luggage.
I told the stuffs that I already wait for my luggage over 1 hour. I can't see any appropriate action from W.
The second night I called front desk that I need to tape things, if W has tape or not. the front desk told me that she needs to check and will response to me , call me back later. Till I leave W, none of W staff call me back. too bad!!
May 12, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by f88922 Comfort, style&convenience all in one
Helpful staff from Front Desk, Floor Butler to bellman. Awesome pool! Free shuttles to famous tourist spots make up for the seemingly remote location compared to Sentosa resorts! One thing to make it perfect, I wish Receptionist had reminded if UniCef donation was automatically included in my bill. Was surprised to see it in the folio.
March 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Music79 Relaxing and pampering staycation venue
We were instantly enchanted by the beauty and serenity of W Singapore. Nestled at one end of Sentosa Cove, its exclusive location makes it a great location for a get-away from the crowds. A great choice for a weekend staycation, as you'll really have a pampering feel when here! We had their hi-tea set as well, but sadly, that was under-whelming, and the quality of food served for the hi-tea was sub-par. However, I highly recommend the breakfast at the Kitchen Table. Great variety of food, and everything was delicious, especially the laksa! I also loved the juice counter, and eggs section. A visit to their Woobar is also a must. Loved the selection cocktails they have. This may not be the best hotel I've ever stayed in, but it's certainly up there in the ranks.
January 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joons Out of this world hotel experience!!
Stayed a night to celebrate a birthday. The W hotel surpassed our expectations by leaps and bounds. It wasnt just a 5-star hotel that looked nice. It was a hotel that has quirky little touches throughout that really amused us.
We spent an afternoon at Woobar - and enjoyed our amazing cocktails, which had nice touches like grapes infused with carbonated air. Cocktails that truly indulged other senses besides taste.
We had dinner at Skirt - the steak restaurant - where we were blown away. You wouldnt think seaweed cream went well with bread - but it did! Had the most generous platter for 2, which had pate and some cold cuts - very enjoyable. Tried the steak that was aged inhouse. Both our steaks were cooked to perfection. Even the last bite was still heavenly! To top it off, the restaurant served us the most wonderful tasting chocolate cake to celebrate the birthday.
I gasped when we stepped into the room. Great decor, with nice touches like a butterfly lamp. We had a nice balcony and a view of the pool. It was indeed a fabulous room!
We spent the next day by the pool and were surprised by nice touches like having sunscreen and magazines by the pool.
On the whole, the hotel felt very generous, the room was amazing, the staff felt very genuine (which is hard to get these days). They were very non-intrusive, and extremely courteous and helpful. I enjoyed every aspect of my stay, and can truly say there wasnt a negative moment at all.
Would I stay there again? DEFINITELY!
I have already told all my friends about this great discovery - the W hotel.
Out of this world experience!
March 18, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Sonia Poor, didnt meet expectations.
-Construction going on by pool, dirty and no staff to offer drinks.
-Staff very cold and unhelpful, every request met with a 'mmm, we are not sure, we will have to come back to you'.
- Requested late check out prior to arrival as celebrating our anniversary which was agreed, upon check in the unhelpful staff said no late check out.
- Staff in restaurant very poor, used Singlish and very unhelpful.
-Such a different experience to Bali, cant believe they are the same hotel group - very disappointed and would not return or recommend.
April 11, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by daremighty Very nice hotel but needs some improvement
The stay was great. Pool side is great and very nice room as well. I definitely will come back when I need to stay in Singapore.
However, two things should be fixed.
1. Whenever whatever call didn't answer properly. I tried to make a few calls for various reasons. But simply they didn't answer. Usually I need to make 3 calls to be connected.
2. Buffet restaurant is not fully satisfying both for breakfast and dinner. Compared with other W in Asia such as HK and Seoul, it's slightly below.
February 1, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Drexs Improvements needed
- Location is a good escape
- Facilities are nice and clean
- Staff were very friendly and try to help
- Technicians reacted immediately for a techincal breakdown at night
- A number of staff seems loss and on at least 3 occassions advice us incorrectly. Not acceptable for a 5 star hotel
- While Suana and Jaccuzzi looked great but were not ready for use and we left totally disappointed
- The Whatever and Whenever desk was slow to react and look understaffed. No priority queue and I had to wait for a long time
December 24, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by euph0bear Cozy hotel at Sentosa
W Hotel Sentosa has a cozy and comfortable environment to it that gives us a really relaxing place to pamper our souls.
April 1, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Eittus Nice decor
Second time staying at this hotel. Love the room decor. Room was clean and neat. Requests were promptly met. Love the balls and floats provided at the pool. Great massage at the spa. Spa shower area wasn't as clean as I think it should be.
Negative point. It was raining and it seems like there are some metal roofing situated above my room. There is a loud splattering noise when the rain falls on it. It was louder than I expect it to be. It actually woke me up from my sleep. Maybe some staff can be sent to check it out. Room - 525.
Extremely crowded at the breakfast area. Most likely due to public holidays. Great that they open the skirt to cater for the crowd. I was at the kitchen table for breakfast and it is still way too crowded. Tables are too close to each other.
October 16, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by rokrsa The best designed hotel
I was super impressed with the fact that every inch in the hotel room was well thought and very neatly designed. It was a very refreshing experience
March 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Syidah Room Features
I prefer the architecture of W Singapore as compare to W Bangkok. Such as the bathroom. I prefer that the bathroom has actual doors instead of a curtain. And that water is not leaking when you are showering in the shower room. However I wished that it has the tablet facilitiles (to control lights and curtains in W Bangkok) which you don't have here.
March 14, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Funny13 Wonderful stay
Overall, stay was wonderful and comfortable.
However, shuttle service should increase the frequency as it is really inconvenient to travel out from hotel to nearby shopping centre
May 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by jdvivre Wonderful resort
This is a real 5-star resort in a busy city like Singapore. Set in an upscale residential neighborhood by the marina in Sentosa, it could not have been more tranquil for our recent stay.
Breakfast is one of the best I've seen in a hotel anywhere. Pool is wonderful and large. Kids loved it. Other facilities are also fantastic. The only downside of the hotel is the fact it's a bit far from the city and areas such as Orchard Road, and taxis can be hard to get and requires a wait.
Staff is very friendly, some more experienced than others but overall quite fine. A/C in our room unfortunately never worked properly even after calling the engineer in 3 times on 3 days during our 4-day stay. Temperature only got down to 26.5 degrees no matter how low we turned the setting. Only blemish for our stay.
January 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by curious52 Friendly and relaxed in a luxury setting
informal, friendly, elegant but missing some important issues to be excellent all the way
March 25, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Phan82 Check out and In
special thanks Mr Aizat from front office and Mr Aldrin from Concierge team very helpful and professional and follow with starwood standard highstanding
March 21, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Popzlover Disappointing stay
Rooms are tidy but not as nice as all the other W hotels that we have stayed in. My room was breakfast included. One morning when my wife was not feeling well (due to Singapore rain), i asked the room service to send up my breakfast instead. They wouldnt do it unless i paid. If my room was already including breakfast. It sould be complimentary. I asked to speak to the manager and no difference. So, i checked out earlier than planned. Very unprofessional service. Too young attendees.
November 20, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by happySabrina Exceeded my expectations
My staycation exceeded my expectations. The facilities are new and tip top condition. Staff was genuinely friendly and accomodating. Love the toiletries - excellent product!
Small point for improvement - hot items for breakfast was a tad cold.
March 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by GouG The breakfast is awesome!
W Hotel is definitely one of top hotels to stay in. Great details in the decor; and thoughtful thinking in the big to the little things that make the stay so comfortable and enjoyable.
Great sound system, groovy decors & lightings; great view from the balcony. comfortable beds etc.
Last but not the least, the breakfast is the best hotel breakfast i ever had.
February 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pammie Second visit and just as special!
I stayed at W Sentosa in December and returned early March with my daughter enroute Bali-Australia..
The welcome I received on both occasions but especially as a return guest was very special, and continued throughout our stay. For a hotel (as opposed to a tiny property) the personal recognition and attention to guest service is exceptional. The dedication of the staff is wonderful to observe. Only suggestion (and it sounds so trivial compared to the important issues above) is making it easier for non-residents to connect their appliances (laptops, hairdryers...even though one is supplied)..this was a little frustrating and saw us on hands and knees making adaptors work :)
However, I am only writing this to let others know how special a stay here is. Dinner at SKIRT was excellent and the breakfasts are outstanding!
March 9, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Serene99 Accommodation was good
Clean environment, nice lobby, comfortable bed, the lift decor is over powering.... Was a little disappointed with the breakfast spread as not a lot of choice for Asian food
May 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sarina158 Fantastic staff
My younger child came down with a flu when landed at the airport late at night. Staff in the hotel were very helpful. With their help I managed to get all the things I needed when a child is in high fever! They took us to the nearby, my girl was up and running after one day rest in bed!!
Throughout our one week stay in the hotel we enjoyed it very much. We are most grateful for the kind and caring staff in the hotel. Big thumb up for sure!!?
December 26, 2013