Rated 5 out of 5 by SirRandy Super Comfortable Stay
I traveled to San Diego for business and enjoyed my stay at the W. I would definitely stay here again. Walking distance to main downtown corridor.
February 28, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by dderricott W's in other cities much better experience
Small room, small tv - my first W ever that I felt like an airline employee merely being accommodated for the night.
March 30, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by tmikee Great customer service
All staff were very kind, respectful and helpful. The extra's provided for our anniversary and birthday celebration stay were very appreciated.
May 3, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lydia82 Amazing
The staff was so great,I would say it was all i could have asked for.I felt at home and thats not an easy thing so thank you staff for caring.
June 18, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by surfingdinkles Great Stay
Great location...just close and far enough from the main Downtown scene. Love the decor and ambiance! We would definitely go back.
January 13, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by LoveTravel11 Wowed!
I was upgraded to the WOW Suite!
Great property and service is back to where it used to be.
I love this place.
March 18, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by PWG1 review
the sink drained slowly in the bathroom. Other than that the room was fine. the noise from the heating unit was minimal
January 28, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by ishadesu Excellent service
Everything was great. Just the valet parking guy wasn´t there when i arrrived. Guess you should hire one (or two) more
June 14, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Prince1999 W-San Diego
Very kind staff, great food, fun atmosphere with artificial beach. Kind of pricing but the quality backs it up.
November 18, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Driven123 great hotel
this is a great hotel, great location & rooms are perfect
April 9, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by tim898 not quite what it should be
I am a platinum member and spent 1 fifth of my year in Starwood properties. I have come to expect great things from this group of hotels and was disappointed by my stay at the W. I would expect a hotel of this category and price to be outstanding and it is not. Two issues here which bug me, firstly on check out I was asked to pay for internet access and when I explained that I was a platinum member and didn't pay for internet I was told the system didn't show me as a platinum member. It took me showing my card a and double check before that situation was rectified but not an apology for making a mistake. When I received my credit card statement I find another charge which I didn't recognize. On checking with the hotel was told it was a mini bar charge and then for water. On insisting this was a mistake on the hotels part I have been told it will be taken care of. I am guessing that W have a high proportion of top tier members but don't feel any recognition at this property and that's an issue for me. The rooms are comfortable and I enjoyed the service in the restaurant, the service staff are professional and do their jobs well. As a pre-cruise hotel the location is close to the port.
December 14, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Pao13 nice hotel
Excellent service, employees very kind and helpful. Rooms are nice, but the carpets looked dirty.
April 29, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by fabbuddy68 Great
Almost perfect; very helpful and responsive staffs; excellent facilities; highly recommended
July 3, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by gr8one Poor Management
1. The valet process is ridiculous, you are allow unlimited in/out but the valet service requires you to get new valet ticket every single time! This means you have to repeat your name and room number everytime you return as well as remember new valet ticket # to call down. Obviously this makes the whole valet process very very slow. Worst valet setup I have ever seen.
2. Poor customer service through out. I had $25 discount certificate and I went to redeem when I check-out. I asked the receipt to be emailed to my account as usual. By the time I received the email, I was at the airport and instead of being given $25 SPG Award discount, I got charge with the line item indicating $25 for SPG Award!! How could any competent person not notice the difference between negative vs positive and the total obvious increased instead of decrease.
What make the matter even worst is I'm at my 3rd time calling the hotel to have them make the correction. Each time they kept telling me it's all done and your receipt will be emailed to you. So far they have failed twice to make the correction!!
This show poor customer service and inability for hotel to follow through with simple invoice correction change.
November 12, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by scooby808 bueno
wonderful whenever wherever staff and friendly service in total
March 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tessakyler I didn't realize there was coffee in the lobby until day 3
let guests know about complimentary coffee
not much in the rooms for area interests
January 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ABCD1 Coolest hotel in the city...
Excellent hotel, young attractive people, a live DJ in house, great food and location.
January 20, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by ChadFlorida N/A
Nothing like attempting to force one to write a review. The mattresses were worn out.
July 31, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Groovinnla Excellent hotel
Love this place people are great and parking is easy
March 26, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by rOcky Careless, Sloppy and NOT up to SPG Standards
- I booked two rooms under my name thru your website. I called on the day of arrival to change the name of one room under my co-worker's. After 3 or 4 complicated security questions, I was told that the name was updated and ready to check in in the case that my co-worker arrives before I do.
- I ended up arriving early and when I asked to check in the 2nd reservation, the reception desk informed me that there was no 2nd room under neither mine or his name. After some confusion and research, she informed me that instead of changing the name on the reservation, the manager that had taken my call had cancelled that room. I asked why it was cancelled and if the manager that cancelled it was still there, and she informed me that he has left for the day. After a few adjustments, I was assured by front desk that the room has been checked in, and under my co-worker's name.
- An hour later, while I was at a meeting, I got a call from my co-worker that they would not let him check in because the room is still under MY name. I asked him to look for Megan, and he told me that they said she has also left for the day. After a few back-and-forth with the front desk, they finally allowed him to check in. I have never had a more complicated check-in procedure and experience than this.
- After the whole check-in fiasco, I put my breakfast card on my door at 10pm and went to bed for an early call-time. Needless to say, my breakfast did not arrive in time. I thought it was just being a bit delayed, so after 15-minutes curtesy wait I called down to Room Service. They directed me to front of my door to tell them that my breakfast card was NOT picked up last night. I asked why would you ask your guests to leave that at the door when you don't even bother to pick it up, and they informed me that the night staff that was responsible for it obviously didn't do it, and that they had left for the day...
July 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by YMCA4 Graet hotel with a ... small swimming pool
Overall this is a very good hotel. WE wished they had a larger pool!
February 24, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by MeetingQueen2014 Accommodations and service are excellent
Not only were the accommodations excellent, but the service was superb.
February 14, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by GEEZUS T & K
The staff was very nice, the location was great, the rooms just needed updating.
January 14, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by atf74 Hotel is great!
Really enjoyed the W San Diego! Staff was great and so was the property!
January 18, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by JimmieG Geat Meeting Facilities
This Hotel has excellent meeting facilities and great staff.
February 13, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by AKUM Excellent experience
The front desk manager went beyond to make us feel good during our stay
June 22, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Silktron87 Poor location
Not safe to go out at night. Acura service should be available 24/7.
April 1, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by JimSac Great Hotel!
Love the hotel. Good location. Great employees.
February 8, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by golden33 Loud noise like fighting in the room next or hallway
Rooftop rstuarant was closed two nights for special events
June 24, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by LisaO0716 The Hotel needs some work
I stay and Starwood Hotels and generally i am very sattisfied, but there were some challanges with the Hotel and our event during my stay. The Nats were BAD! Everywhere and got on my food, and drinks, it was totally nasty. Additionally i agreed to do the GREEN Stay so they wouldn't have to come clean daily, but found it odd they never came for trash or anything. Internet services - OVERALL TERRIBLE and everyone had issues through the entire stay no matte what room you were in. We paid 14.95 and it was NOT for 24 hours as the sign states and it rarely worked well so we had to our our HOT SPOTs from our own service and phone on our own dime after we had paid for the service of the hotel. Additionally when I was connected in my room, my admin was trying to connect to a device (it says you can have up to 3) and the tech support guy was completely and totally rude. Lastly the carpet is dirty and worn down and THEN The icing on the cake was my GM showed up and they had no room for him, when i had him checking in on that day the 29th of July. The room was NOT set up the way i had discussed with the planner, and i had to reqeust several adjustments. I could go on and on, but again the stay was average and there were a Ton of issues.
August 3, 2013