Rated 4 out of 5 by TVieques *Dont stay above a suite
The W was incredible. All around excellence. The one very big issue was that our quiet romantic room was above a suite with a dining room table and living area that was hosting parties the first few nights of our stay. It was impossible to sleep and was louder than our apt in new york city. Very upsetting. We couldn't switch rooms because there were no others available. Be careful where your room is placed when you book. Make sure you are not above a room that is booked for a party or event and could end up having late night gatherings every night.
Other than that, the location was spectacular and the staff was incredible. Especially Angel. He made every night especially memorable.
March 2, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by MarriedCouple A very nice hotel
The hotel was great overall. It feels like a W hotel anywhere in the U.S in terms of comfort and modern amenities, I highly recommend it. It has its own beach. The free drinks in the evening are great. The pools are pristine. The staff are very friendly.
I do have to say a couple of things that were downers. One is that we had to wait 20-45 min every time we needed a taxi to go somewhere in the island. The hotel should do a better job to either have their own car service for guests (even if guests have to pay), or better access to rentals of cars or scooters to get around. Also, it was impossible to get a massage/facial without reserving days i advance.
Everything else was amazing
February 27, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by shirazandtango Mediocre and Dissappointing
Although the grounds and location are beautiful, my experience at this W Hotel was subpar on many levels and did not deliver on what I would expect for the price and W experience.Among the many issues: unreasonable check in and check out times (4pm IN / 11am Out), average food and poor overall service. I will not recommend this hotel EVER nor will I visit while on Vieques in future visits.
March 4, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by LOCAL Not worthy of the W (or Starwood) flag
The good: restaurant and grounds.
The so-so: beach and tennis courts.
The bad: staff incredibly obtuse and rude. Yeah, I used obtuse.
The drama: way too much to go into here. Don't bother making plans as they will simply ignore or change them. Then, browbeat you or offend you in front of other staff and guests. Just plain horrible.
The upshot: None. Repeated requests to speak or interact with the GM of the property ignored, even when National Reservations intervened on my behalf. Waste of feedback time to National as they noted that this was not the first complaint. They were tracking the issues.
Good luck if you stay here. Just manage your expectations downward and you will be fine.
April 22, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by KKlein They haven't figured out how to run this place YET!
Well first off the facility is really nice! Vieques island is beautiful. The better beaches are on the other side of the resort.
Now lets come back to the customer service piece which was absent for the hotel. Here's the recap of events:
1. They will charge you to flush the toilet if they could. Basically I am not sure what the resort fees is for. The island is pretty small, you would think that they would have some sort of shuttle or 2 mile radius pick up and drop off service but they dont. You either need a car or riculous $20 per person fees to get any where around there! The only thing free was the ride to and back to the airport.
2. We shceduled a tour for Bio bay the first night: A. we were not on the tour B. we were told that the tour will be charged to our hotel room but the tour told us they dont accept credit card payment. We were sent back from our tour embarrased since we didnt take any cash. To top that, the bio car that brought us back demanded money to bring us back since we didnt take the tour.
3. The hotel manager heard us complaining and offered to arrange the tour for next day. She also told us she will comp the tour (very nice of her) but the nect day when we got to the tour, we were not on the list AGAIN and they had no proof that the hotel will be paying them directly. We were again shamed in front of the whole group but they let us take the tour this time.
4. On the second night, water started seeping through the sick in to the room. I complained to front desk, they sent somebody who simply mopped the floor but the water was contantly pouring out.
5. When we returned that night, there was a small lake in our bedroom, the luggage and shoes were wet! we complained again and were told that the engineer is only available during day and will come back in the morning so we slept in our lake that night.
6. The next morning engineer shows up at 6:30 am in the morning and asks us to leave our room. So without a bra and dirty teeth, we were made to leave our room.
7. We go to front desk and they say our room will be ready in couple of hours. This is the time you would have offered free breakfast but they didnt. If this wasnt enough, they put us in a new room with 2 double beds. There goes our romantic couple vacation! I asked to be placed in a room with king bed and were told that nothing was available. I have a hard time believing that, sicne the last building we were put in was pretty empty. Plus we were moved from a pool oasis room to the furthest building from the pool.
8. We go back to pack our wet clothes and run into a nice chap (engineer) who was working in our room and informed us that there was a pipe break in the room. He was nice enough to offer to get our clothes drycleaned (we declined) and offered us to buy breakfast. He asked us to go to resturant and tell them to expense the bill to him
9. On 2 separate occasion, we were waiting for something at whatever/whenever desk and front desk, when the employees kept talking amongst each other like we were invisible and then walked away with each other. The person at whatever/whenever never acknowledged me till I had to interrupt her daily internet surfing session!
All in all, this resort sucks in customer service. They made our stay exceptionally uneasy and irritating. Not what you want on vacation! I dont want to deal with water leaks, moving to double beds, not getting booked for tours on a 3 day vacation! Plus the attitude of " its not my fault" doesnt help either! IT IS your fault!
Any ho, will give where its due, the resort is beautiful!
November 14, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Zorana01 Best Holiday Retrat
I had ab absolutely fab time for my two night stay!!! The resort was great, the staff awesome-anticipated all out needs!!! i can't wait to return.
February 28, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Rcg1962 Nice - Liked, Didn't Love
We stayed two nights on points/cash with relatives last week. We had ocean view, relatives had garden rooms. We had no problems, our relatives televisions didn't work. We didn't find out till after we left so the hotel didn't have an opportunity to address it. I thought the hotel was nice, the staff helpful. I've come to the realization that I've been fortunate to stay in some truly fabulous places and although this was nice, I know dollar for dollar you can get a better deal elsewhere. I wouldn't say not to stay there and I don't regret our stay. I just have no desire to go back.
February 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Emma27 AMAZING!
Our stay at the W Vieques was amazing! The grounds were stunning, our room was beautiful and the staff were so warm and welcoming.
We went horseback riding and took a Jeep around the island, both activities were awesome and highly recommended! The staff at the hotel helped arrange our excursions and everything went to smoothly and easily.
The food at the hotel was great for breakfast and okay for lunch and dinner. The food in Vieques was amazing and the hotel helped us find great restaurants and get to and from town very easily.
My only complain would be about the Yoga class. I practice yoga regularly and take great pride in this. I was looking forward to a relaxing yoga class outside on our trip. The class was not very relaxing and I felt that the teacher pushed us very hard and was less than understanding if I wanted to modify poses in the ways that I am used to. She preached about being more open to different kinds of yoga and was dismissive of the way I practice regularly. She had a lot of opinions about sun salutations and practicing the same poses on a regular basis and seemed to think this was not the way to practice yoga.
She asked what kind of yoga we do at home and I was unsure of the name at the time. I asked my Yoga teacher today. We practice hatha/ashtanga yoga. On vacation, I wanted a yoga class that pushed me to relax, breath and feel centered not a class where the teacher pushed for us to feel sore and felt it necessary to push us out of our comfort zone.
I hope in the future there will be other yoga classes offered where we can do sun salutations in the beautiful Vieques sun and can rest in child's pose when we need to.
This being said, we absolutely plan to come back to the W as soon as we can as it was one of the best vacations we have ever taken. Thanks so much for a great stay!
February 23, 2014