Rated 5 out of 5 by Greta18 The people
I have always come here for the people who work here ,and who go out of their way to help me.
Isabel at the breakfast bar is very professional, and pays a lot of attention to detail, right down to packing your breakfast so that the bag stays perfectly intact. The people who work with her are also wonderful.
I hesitate to mention names, incase i forget to mention someone who is good. Bekam,Jermaine, Nick, Dennis, Rodney, miriam,,milly, anna,,David, Chad,Albert have all gone out of their way to make me feel safe and at home with trusted friends.
I would like to recommend that the plastic -covered, hard-bench substitute for a couch be replaced with comfortable furniture that has a back-rest.
April 16, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Smile777 W Hotel Manhattan on Lexington
I've stayed at the W hotel many times and i usually enjoy the experience. My experience in New York was not what i expected. The rooms seemed to be pretty old and i didnt' feel that sense of cleansiness. I had issues with the spa setting my appointment at one time and telling me that i set it at another time. In return, they made NO accomadations to ensure i still received my massage. I was so excited about getting the massage and body wrap but because of their mistake i didn't get any services. The staff at the spa didn't seem to care at all. I was highly disappointed this time.
April 15, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by loumeg22 Nice Hotel in a great location
I enjoyed my stay with the location of this hotel suiting my needs for the weekend. Rooms are quite small but as expected in New York. My room was comfortable and had great amenities. Only downfall was that the walls are not shound insulated therefore you can hear your neighbors, so they can hear you as well. Staff is friendly and helpful. Hotel lobby and restaurants are lively with a nice interior decor.
April 14, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by JSS1 no fun this time
Horrible experience. Lobby under construction (no fault of hotel). Crowded area to walk back to room due to ppl trying to check in.
Rob in room stained-two places. RIght on lapel…easy to see as robe was being hung up.
Woken up at 5AM by phantom phone call
As corp SPG member, requested late check out. Had THREE staff members knocking on door…so much for sleeping in.
First knock was house keeping. Second two knocks were from man in W attire, holding soda cans…"refilling wet bar" Funny, b/c we didn't TOUCH the wet bar, so why did he bring sprite to room to replenish? Suspicious to me, as to why he tried to get into room. I didn't have chance to get to the door, to check who was there, when he opened the door! Not very secure.
So, annoying lobby experience…had to reiterate THREE TIMES that I was SPG member…check in did not have drink cards for me (as rate stated we qualified for). Had to wait to get my drink cards b/c they ran out…dirty robe, interrupted sleep, three hotel staff tried to get into room well before check-out time.
Stayed before, won't stay again.
April 11, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by DavidPot Small rooms, no W experience
This hotel is no W as the rooms are small and the amenities are not what I expect from a W hotel. My room was next to where they keep the maid carts and was loud. The room was very basic as was the rest of the hotel. As a time share owner and gold member, I was not impressed.
April 9, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Traveler6789 Worst Hotel Stay Ever
I happened to be looking on the SPG site and out of curiosity looked at the reviews at this W since I still recall this as being the worst hotel stay I ever had and I am still unhappy about it. Great place to be part of the NY scene, but do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere. I have stayed at many NY hotels and I know rooms are small, but even by NY standards, this place was a cross between a cheap student dorm and a prison cell. Barely big enough for one person, and we were a party of two. Not even sure why they bother to have a hotel there. I would not stay there even if the room was free. I guess the staff gets this allot since they could have cared less when I asked about a better room. I have visited nearly 100 countries and have a large tolerance for hotel variations, but this place still gets me mad just thinking about it.
April 9, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Harry14 convient location
close to broadway, excellent staff
April 8, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Thomasss Mixed feelings
Room was very small, cramped. Had issue with shower drain, but was handled promptly. Staff extremely friendly and helpful, good thing otherwise overall experience would have been a one. Hotel was convienent to all locations in midtown. Recommend for the friendly staff, good hotel if only purpose is just to crash for the night.
April 8, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by ZABU2 Lovely Closet
When we checked in we were told for an additional $30 a night we could could upgrade three levels. I shudder to think what size closet we would have been assigned had we not chosen the upgrade. The room was minuscule. If size were not enough, the shower arrangement was Byzantine. The faucet location required you stand in the shower to access the faucet, thus your initial experience was a torrent of ice cold water.
April 7, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Jonnie55 Hotel Rooms
In the past the W Hotel on Lexington was excellent, but this was a very disappointing stay. The noise from the a/c-heater was so loud every time it turned on and never slept the whole night. Also the lobby has changed, no nice scent and the atmosphere with the waterfall is gone. Would hesitate to stay again.
April 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by BobbyX Love the hotel and the bar
I stay here every time I'm in NY, which is 6-8 times per year. Love the hotel as well as the Whiskey Blue.
April 5, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Whatever2014 Very disappointing
I didn't feel that the hotel met the standards of its website. I also would not consider that the service was at a level that it should be for hotel of that class. Rooms were much smaller than expected and not always clean.
April 1, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by DEEPAK10022 March 2014
Stayed here for 3 nights, great location- Hotel is looking old, needs some upgrade, lobby was closed for renovation, otherwise comfortable hotel.
March 31, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Vandal6 Superior Hotel
We had a terrific stay at this hotel. There are many amenities and so much to do in the neighborhood. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who visits NYC.
March 31, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by PXB375 Bad doorman
He spent his time chatting with the other doorman and looked at me like I was crazy when I said I had bag in the cab's trunk.
March 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Amanda33 Fantastic stay at this hotel
I stayed at this hotel for 30 days and had a great experience from start to finish. On arrival I was told I had been upgraded to a bigger room and also given complimentary wifi for the duration of my stay. The room and bathroom were fantastic, much bigger than expected. I was also told I could request an additional fridge so I could store my own food & drinks, which was great as I was staying for the month. The hotel went over and beyond, nothing was ever a problem. The staff at the hotel were so friendly from David at the front desk, Dana in the restaurant and Lisa & Tang in the heartbeat bar to the housekeeping staff. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will definitely be returning when I'm next in the city!
March 27, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by blabla Renovation
I was not aware the lobby was under renovation. If I knew, I would probably not have come.
March 26, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Kennyp Room 714
The room was small and cramped, acessing around the bed was difficult especially at night.
The bed was small, despite being listed as 'Queen'.
The hot water was tepid although this was rectified.
Too much emphasis on costs and difficult to know how much the room would cost. Ridiculous 'add on' taxes.
March 24, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by TBD2014 Loud Street Noise and Small
Very nice check-in person. Room smaller than I expected when I upgraded. I should have asked questions about what floor. More importantly street noise made it a very long uncomfortable night.
March 24, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by SarahF Great location
The room is stylish, and very clean. It was just a little small. But the hotel is a great location with a great staff. I would definitely stay there again.
March 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Hoosier1983 David's Stay
I love the W New York for everything except the size of the bathrooms. Just not condusive to getting frreshened up due to the small size and vlack of vanity area.
March 22, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Carlos522 Not what I expected from a W Hotel
First, there was a ton of construction going on. This would have been nice to know before staying at this hotel, as I would have opted to go elsewhere, especially for the price I paid per night. Next, the room felt cramped, similar to a cell. Electrical wall sockets were loose and partially hanging out of the wall, and the bathroom felt old and in need of a major update. I've stayed at many W Hotels, both in NYC and in other cities, and this one really fell off the mark from what I've come to expect from the W Hotel brand.
March 21, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by FriendlySPG Dissapointed !!!!!!!!!!!!
I had high expectations for the hotel, but so many things were off. To name a few:
• This is not a hotel for guests who have become accustomed to world class service.
• Check In: When I checked in the front desk was less than friendly. People seemed tired and grumpy. It took me 15-20 minutes to check in. I asked for a quite room away from the construction. I was given a room on the 5th floor directly over the construction.
• The Room: When I checked into the room it was obvious someone had been smoking and tried to cover it up with a perfume or cleaning solution. I called the front desk and they dealt with the situation admirably and moved me to one of the higher floors. This exacerbated my frustration because I don’t understand why they didn’t give me this room to begin with at check-in. It is exactly what I requested. The woman at check-in completely and grumpily ignored my request.
• Construction: The hotel was under construction on the 48th street side. This should have been noted in my reservation. I had no idea I was walking into a construction zone. Half of the bar area was closed due to this construction and in generally it was noisy.
• Elevators: The elevators require your room key to operate. This is a great security feature when the elevators actually recognize your room keys. It took multiple tries to get the elevator to recognize my key. In some cases I had to switch elevators. This was not isolated to me and all guests experienced the same thing. I spent several minutes with other frustrated guests trying to get the elevators to work. It became a laughable experience with several guests crammed into an elevator passing cards from front to back trying to find one that worked. This became increasingly frustrating when I spent a ride to my floor with a bellman and he expressed his frustration and shared that “ we’ve been complaining for some time with no support from the hotel to fix.”
• Nitpicky I know, but it snowed one night and I stayed in, got take out and planned to watch a movie. Due to the construction the movie kept freezing. I called guest services. No answer. I took a video on my I phone and went to show the front desk to have the charge removed. After waiting in line for 15 minutes to speak to the front desk, I left and ate the charge.
• On the positive side, the work out facility was great.
• In general, there was a lack of customer service. The staff was flippant and grumpy(minus the gang at breakfast. They were very chipper and welcoming). And, the hotel was a noisy, clumsy mess.
• Very frustrating and I could never, in good faith, suggest this hotel to anyone. Let alone other SPG platinum members.
March 20, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by BirthdayGirl311 Cute but small
The fantastic suite was smaller than I expected but it's New York and everything is small here!
March 19, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Horacio69 Good location
Walking distance to good restaurants and shopping in the area.
March 18, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by 1Persons AWESOME WEEKEND, 1st Anniversary
We stayed here 5 years ago and I proposed to a beautiful lady who is now my wife. It was our 1 year anniversary and I am so glad that we were able to stay in the same hotel where the propsal took place. What a great weekend in an amazing hotel. The staff was much friendlier than I remember and all I can say is thank you. We had a blast this past weekend and we will be back.
March 17, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bubba1 Review
The hotel was very clean and worked well for location. I do not like the dark, black, white and stainless decor. I prefer well lit and lots of color.
March 17, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by JLR22 Good Stay
Overall, I had a very good stay at this hotel. My biggest critique is that I would say that the rooms are underwhelming . . .even by NYC standards, I found my room to be quite cramped and dark. I have stayed in nicer/bigger rooms at the W in Union Square and the W Hoboken.
Beyond the less than stellar rooms, my other general comments are:
- My Gold status was not acknowledged upon check in and no upgrade was offered.
- The gym is fantastic. A great size with a good variety of equipment.
- Hotel lobby and meszzanine level are under construction so be prepared for noise and limited use of common spaces.
- Room service menu is extremely limited with very few options that I would describe as healthy. The restaurant could definitely benefit from a menu revamp.
- Location is very good if you are looking to stay in Midtown for business or pleasure.
March 17, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Valerie2014 Although great location - lobby was mess and rooms worn
After a glorious visit to W in Miami, we were excited about staying @ W on Lexington. We were not informed that there was construction and so the lobby lounge were not available - and the remaining restaurant was OK - but the dust and noise from construction (including an incessant beeping sound) made it difficult to enjoy a couple of drinks and appies. Especially as the there was an opening between the adjoining fireplace. The rooms were small and dingy and need a paint refresh. Had expected more for price..
March 17, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by DCAT2014 Disappointed in construction
Hotel is okay but not a good value for the money. Disappointed we were not informed of hotel construction.
March 14, 2014