Rated 1 out of 5 by tiger007 nothing
This is the worst W hotel I have ever stayed so far , and I won't stay there again , ever never .
March 5, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by evansme1 Service was lacking this time
As a regular guest at the W Scottsdale, this stay was somewhat less pleasing than in the past. No room upgrade or even my preferred king bed was available and addressing that need felt to be a problem for the staff.
February 26, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Jc1601 This hotel is most appropriate for a bachelor party
The hotel caters to men. It requires the pool waitresses to wear swimsuits and has a burlesque show in the hotel lobby bar. The service is very slow as there is not enough wait staff. The food is excellent and the building and landscape is outstanding. The valet is also outstanding. The hotel location could not be better, close to shopping, great restaurants and outdoor activities.
February 24, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by LadySpringer Really a nice stay!
I will likely be coming to Scottsdale for business every couple of months and was so happy I stayed here. The room was clean, organized, plenty of towels etc.
Also, I needed a quiet romantic out of the way restaurant and the concierge on duty Tuesday night made an excellent recommendation.
February 20, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jeff47 What a dump!
Hotel was so dirty! service very poor! Barf in hallways, dirty carpets, no coffer in room. sinks did not drain had to call three times. Lights in room burned out! Room very noisy, TV from other rooms running all night!
February 19, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by IliMatt Great for a fun getaway!
People are friendly, pool was fantabulous and bar at night had a great vibe!
February 16, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dave214 Awesome Hotel
Great hotel with great features. Awesome place to stay for business, or to have fun with friends. The location is prime as well.
February 14, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by LoyalStarwoodGuest Loyal Starwood guest - Expected much more
I have been a loyal Starwood guest since 2006. I have an American Express Starwood Preferred Guest credit card, which I use regularly; I have stayed 300+ nights in Starwood hotels over my years of both professional and personal travel. My wife and I own a timeshare through the Starwood and have maintained elite status since 2006.
Never in my experience with Starwood have I ever encountered a situation like this. During my stay at the W Scottsdale the weekend of February 1, 2014, I was immediately accused of 100% responsibility for damage to the hotel room, which in my opinion, and evidence that I obtained supports was completely accidental. My credit card was charged for the damage without my authorization. The Director of the Welcome Desk was completely unreasonable when attempting to come to a mutually agreed upon form of resolution. I was never given the courtesy of receiving a reason or how it was determined I am responsible for 100% of the financial burden of the damages. The only answer I received was ‘I’ve reviewed the security report and I cannot remove the charges’. Throughout the process, I was never given the benefit of the doubt and constantly had to explain my innocence, rather than discuss a reasonable resolution. I found this to be offending, as a guest who has been so loyal to the Starwood brand.
I’ll be assessing whether I’ll be staying in a Starwood property ever again, both for personal and professional travel, after this experience.
February 11, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Scott96 Facilites
I had a great experience at this hotel in August and returned for the Waste Management golf tournament. We had a table outside on Friday evening and I was very disappointed at the crowd.
February 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ameason88 Posh is good, but comfortable is better
This was a very clean, modern hotel. I enjoyed every aspect of my stay except for the mattress. I haven't slept that bad in a very long time. I can only attribute it to the hard mattress and nothing else. Everything else was topnotch!
January 31, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by JoeLV Fantastic
Great stay and a wonderful staff Thank you!
January 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Canada416 Great stay
We had a large group with us. The staff at the hotel was amazing , everyone from the gift shop manager (canadian) to VIP manager (dawn) to serving staff (Mallory)was amazing. The only negative was the restaurant for breakfast didn't seem to have the same level of service.
January 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by AZBMSTrainingMeeting Meeting Spaced
The meeting space assigned to my company was excellent. We were all in one area with no foot traffic from outsiders. Hotel staff was extremely attentative in all areas. We would definitely consider coming back in the future.
January 13, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ABre123 Overall NYE Experience
We had a great time from beginning to end. Ryan really helped sort out some confusion and made the trip perfect. See you next time.
January 3, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by rchulett Poorly Trained Front Desk
I second the comment about poorly trained staff. When we checked in we were told that our stay would be for one night, when we actually booked a two night stay. We were told to book the second night as a separate reservation, which we did on SPG from the room. However, the original reservation was in fact for two nights, and when we told the front desk staff we were directed to the SPG 1-800 number to cancel the other reservation. Hassle.
December 23, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by EvOrlo Location is perfect!
I was without a car on this trip and the location of the hotel is perfect as it is surrounded by great restaurants, bars and the Fashion Square Mall. The staff in every aspect and dept is always so friendly and helpful!
December 12, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by FrequentTraveler13 ABSOLUTELY NOT WHAT I EXPECTED FROM THIS W!
I love the W Hotels and wanted to revisit this W as a part of my SPG Mission to stay at least one night at EVERY SPG hotel, covering all 9 brands within the United States,
1. W. INSIDER: RACHAEL, I cannot thank you enough for everything that you did for me. Rachel was in touch with me even before my arrival. She sent me an email with her contact details and personal cell phone. She was in constant communication with me. Upon my arrival on Friday, December 6th, 2013, she personally welcomed me and gave me a tour of the W and even brought free drinks. She personally escorted me to the bar located by the swimming pool and gave me a tour even though it was chilly outside. She researched and gave me printouts pertaining to elite movie theaters, regular theater and fine dining. She even booked dinner reservations at MASTRO'S STEAKHOUSE for me plus arranged for transportation for me to be picked up from the airport and from MASTRO'S when I was done with dinner. I also want to thank RACHEL for my in-room amenity, free drink coupons, free ice skating coupons and my welcome card. MY MOST POSITIVE INTERACTION WAS WITH RACHEL AT THIS SPG Hotel.
2. TRANSPORTATION: I landed at PHOENIX SKY HARBOR International AIRPORT and JAMES from the W picked me up. He was very courteous and waited for me at the airport even though my flight was 30 minutes late. JAMES was very pleasant to interact with and was very intelligent with extensive knowledge about the area and the SPG Program and properties. JAMES also picked me up from MASTRO'S STEAKHOUSE after I was done with dinner. The ride from the airport will cost you a flat rate of $45-not bad for a cool ride.
I also want to thank ADAM for driving me from the W to MASTRO'S STEAKHOUSE.
3. HOTEL DECOR: This W is beautiful and you will love the decor once you enter the hotel.
4. LIVING ROOM: Well maintained and great service. The bartender girls are very courteous and extremely beautiful. On weekends you can capture a glimpse of celebrities at this hotel. The most beautiful ladies can be found in the living room on the weekends.
5. LIVING ROOM BAR: I want to thank MICHAEL-the bartender for being extremely courteous and doing an excellent job in spite of being extremely busy. Thank you for everything that you do MICHAEL.
6. HOUSEKEEPING: I want to thank RAYMOND for being super nice and getting me extra towels and shower products to my room.
7. ROOM MINIBAR CHECKING ATTENDANT: On my day of checking out HATIDZA checked my minibar. She was the most courteous lady ever and did an excellent job. Thank you for everything that you do HATIDZA.
8. POOL AND ICE SKATING RING: This W has a very cool pool and ice skating ring adjacent to it. You can rent a cabana if you wish.
9. WHATEVER/WHENEVER: Thank you RYAN for being very helpful and courteous.
10. CHECK OUT: Thank you JOHN for being efficient and assisting me.
1. CHECK IN NIGHTMARE: I arrived at the W and was very happy to get there as the Ws are my favorite brand. KATIE was at the front desk and was very courteous but had NO CLUE about how to check me in. She informed me that the system would NOT ALLOW HER TO CHECK ME INTO THE HOTEL. She indicated to me that that she would have to consult with her supervisor. She disappeared for a long while while I just waited at the front desk. When KATIE returned she had LEON with her who also had a tough time checking me in. It too a VERY LONG TIME for LEON to figure out how to check me in. He was assisted by MATT (From the Great State of Ohio). MATT was very courteous and engaged me in conversation while KATIE AND LEON took their time trying to figure out how to check me in. You have to be kidding me guys. It is not appropriate to waste the time of guests who may be hard pressed for time with such longish check in delays. I almost missed my dinner reservations at MASTRO'S STEAKHOUSE. I have never encountered such a check-in delay at ANY of the numerous SPG hotels that I have been to across the United States.
2. IN-ROOM AMENITY: RACHEL, the W. Insider had very graciously arranged to have a special amenity delivered to my room before my arrival. She was shocked to learn that I had not gotten it. She immediately rectified the issue. This just demonstrated poor organization on the part of staff. But I am very thankful to RACHEL for everything that she did for me.
3.WHATEVER/WHENEVER; Poor service from TAYLOR and KATIE (who had checked me in). When I spoke with KATIE on the phone, I asked her if she was at the front desk as she had checked me in. She responded by telling me that the front desk and the whatever/whenever desk were interconnected. I was getting the feeling that she thought that I was completely unaware of the front desk and Whatever/Whenever operations. It made me feel like a dumbo. But KATIE was over all very courteous in her conversations with me.
4. UTTER HUMILIATION/POOL ACCESS SECURITY DISASTER: I was in the living room on Saturday December 7th, 2013 and wanted to access the pool area. There was a security person guarding the stairway entrance to the pool and bar area. When I tried to access the pool, I was abruptly stopped by the security agent who asked for my ID. I provided him with a US Govt issued ID and he refused to recognize it as a valid ID. He stated to me that he could not locate a date of birth on my ID as such HE DENIED ME ACCESS TO THE POOL AREA AND BAR. I approached the front desk agent, ARIEL and explained the situation to him and wanted to talk with a supervisor. ARIEL did not assist me at all nor was a supervisor called. I WAS DENIED ACCESS TO THE POOL AREA/BAR even though I was a guest at the W.Scottsdale. I HAVE NEVER FELT SO HUMILIATED AT ANY SPG HOTEL DURING MY ENTIRE SPG MEMBERSHIP LIFE.
5. CCOL CORNER SUITE: I used my SUITE NIGHT AWARDS to upgrade. The cool corner suite is cool with the following flaws.
A, The sink does not drain efficiently and floods.
B, The shower takes a long time to dispense HOT water.
C. You cannot sleep until after 0200 hrs on the weekends secondary to SUPER LOUD MUSIC. The room is not sound proof but does have a great private balcony.
6. CHECK OUT PROCESS: KATIE was again at the front desk and even though she is very sweet and courteous, she has no job efficiency. There was a $8 parking charge on my account even though I had been charged $26 for overnight parking. KATIE was kind enough to take the $8 charge off and instead of adding $8 to the cash that the hotel owed me she SUBTRACTED the $8 from the cash amount. I have been through many hotels in my life and I immediately pointed it out to her. She responded by stating that she was not sure why the system made such an error. But this is COMMON HUMAN SENSE. She consulted with JOHN who then efficiently dispensed the cash that was due to me.
7. MASTRO'S STEAKHOUSE: Located nearby, overpriced, great steak, poor service.
1. Staff needs better training.
2. EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE needs to be improved.
3. Loyal SPG-75 AND SPG-100 members who LOVE the W brand should NOT BE HUMILIATED BY SECURITY GUARDS and DENIED ACCESS TO HOTEL POOL/BAR.
OVERALL: AVERAGE experience but I still love the Ws and this is still one of my FAVORITE Ws. I will not let one absolutely humiliating experience deter me from coming back to Scottsdale.
Thanks again to all the staff members who helped me out. You all did a great job and the others who did not I still want to thank you for trying your best.
December 10, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by 1TK1 Poor execution
I had an awful experience at the W Scottsdale this year. I am a regular visitor to Scottsdale and my most recent experience leaves me with no choice but to consider other options for the future. Here are just some of the issues I encountered during my stay:
1) Day 1, after paying for premiuim internet - almost all day after checking in I was not able to log on to the internet and had to deal with multiple technicians for over 2 hours none of whom could help. On top of this, my room phone was not working and to top it off when I was checking out I was charged for internet for all three days of my stay.
2) My bathmat on the first day at the hotel was extremely dirty, I had to get that replaced.
3) On only one of the days there did I find a complimentary nestle water bottle. Because of this I was forced to use the ‘premium’ water from the mini-bar which is ridiculously overpriced.
4) Only on my first night in the hotel was the breakfast menu available, each of the other nights I had to call down and ask for one.
I come to Scottsdale for business at least once a year. My time is a priority and the amount of time I had to spend just requesting for basic things to work was frankly quite absurd.
December 6, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kari53 The Best Staff
The staff exceeded our expectations. They were helpful, friendly and welcoming. The best staff we've ever encountered by far.
December 4, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by annetttte The hotel staff needs to be trained
We put the charge from th ebar on our credit card, but the waitress charged it to the room. The hotel receptionist couldnt even fix it when we checked out.
December 2, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bass13 Great Stay
Always a great stay at the "W".... From the adorable guy's at the Valet to the sweet ladies in house-keeping !
November 30, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Ron78 Loss of sleep
The facilities were, generally, nice and comfortable; however we were awakened Fri night by revelers and Sat morning at 2am by person knocking on our door
November 25, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by NanMinn customer service
I just wanted to say a thank you to Justin, Lou and the whole valet service staff who were prompt, knowledgeable about directions, diversions and restaurants in the area and how to make a roof on a convertible go up and down. Your advice was invaluable.
I also want to thank Steven Fitzpatrick in security and the front desk staff for helping me solve the three issues that I had during my 5 day stay Thank you for listening.
No SPG recognition whatsoever.
November 21, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by JAS25 Really nice hotel but rooms not my taste
Loved the lobby, living room/bar area, restaurants, food, in room toiletries. Pool area is amazing with cabanas and just gorgeous. Only disappointment was the room itself. It was very clean but I didn't like the layout with the bed in the middle of the room with the desk behind it all pushed up too close to the closets making it a tight space. Also didn't like the way the bathroom opened up to the main area.
November 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by EvOrlo Excellent Scottsdale
Jon at the front desk assisted in checking me in was friendly, efficient, listened to my needs, He was also working the front desk when I checked out and helped store my suitcase and print out my boarding pass. Another staff member assisted me with the what's in the neighborhood to grab a bite. Housekeeping staff was friendly everytime I passed by on the 6th floor! I will def stay again! The pictures of the room on the site does not do it any justice. The furnishings, layout, window view were outstanding!!!
The livingroom layout was also impressive!
October 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by DrFab Fabulous Weekend Getaway
Had the most amazing weekend here! Was in town for a friend's wedding and so lucky to stay here. Spent a relaxing day by the pool, got a workout in at the gym, and conveniently found a nearby salon to get my hair done! The staff were all very friendly and responsive. Lauren in concierge was so helpful in making the weekend extra special for my boyfriend (we were celebrating his birthday). All in all a great place to stay. Hoping to return for a longer trip!
October 28, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by WorldTrvler731 Trendy Establishment
This hotel is the hot spot in Scottsdale. It has large, comfortable rooms, a trendy sushi restaurant and a luxury spa all in one location. If you are looking to have some fun in Scottsdale, I highly recommend this hotel. If you are looking for a tranquil, relaxing getaway this may not be the spot for you. The hotel had a trendy restaurant and night club that keeps the hotel busy every night and into the early morning. We did have an issue with clubbers making a lot of noise at 4 AM when they head back to their rooms. Also slightly disappointed that the only restaurant in the hotel was sushi and there wasn't a more general option. Otherwise, we had a fabulous visit.
October 28, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Really321 Cool but Small
The rooms are very cool but too small to be comfortable. We were not told the upgraded room with its own patio was so close to the pool that we would listen to the loud music from 11:00 in the morning until 1:00 AM at night.
October 22, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Karin2013 Average Property
This hotel what not up to the W standards that I have experienced at the property in Seattle. All of my party experienced rooms that had stained carpets. The facility in general just seemed average to me. Not meeting what you expect at this price point. It is a property that clearly caters to a young party crowd and is not intended for a business traveler. I experienced a few odd situations with my room but the staff was fantastic and handled each one with great professionalism and concern.
October 22, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Annoyed12345 Worst Hotel in the Collection
Pros - Concierge
Cons - Everything Else (GM, Welcome Manager, Nightclub, Pool, Bouncer, Bartenders, Cleaning Staff, Room, etc.
October 16, 2013