Rated 4 out of 5 by JG50 Great service
This hotel is for younger people. The pool area is over crowded and very loud on weekends. It was nice to know that in advance. Our room was great and the service was excellent!
August 4, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by harutun1 Poor staff response
Horrible! I booked a room with a package that include a free drink at the pool. Upon using the coupon, I was notified I had to pay for the drink ($50) and then they would take it off my bill at check out. I was concerned this wouldn't happen since they failed to provide me a proof of purchase with coupon. The waitress told me repeatedly that this would not be a problem. Sure enough, when I viewed my folio the charge was there!! I have tried calling the hotel multiple times to get this taken care of but only get a voice mail from the billing department or to speak with employees that are not able to fix the matter. This has really made the experience very poor...
June 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by 1TR1 Fabulous Stay cation.......
My husband planned this getaway right in our backyard. We totally were surprised at what a great time we had. The Staff was phenomenal and they made us feel special and welcome. It was like no other experience that we ever had. Mind you, we were the oldest people in the hotel this past weekend, we think, and we STILL had a wonderful experience. The room was lovely and we enjoyed Sushi Roku so much, we ate there 2 out of the 3 nights. That was also special!
My husband says we will definitely do this again soon!
July 29, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by dukie Worst Hotel Experience!!!
I stayed at the hotel in June for work. The first night they did not have a window covering and the light from the street lights and then the sun came right in and there was now way to block it. I called down and they said service will come up in the morning. NO SLEEP!!!
The next night they had their pool party. Well people were partying in the hall until 5am. I called down 3 times to have them come up and break it up. They said there is nothing they could do and when I left I asked for a call back from management. No call. I then called and the manager said she had never heard of anyone complaining about the noise.
She laughed when I said it was loud and I said not appropriate for that time of night.
She said that she did not know what to say.
July 8, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by gaberock Romantic Evening NOT achieved
My wife and I recently stayed there on the Saturday before Valentine's day. Understanding that pricing would be at a premium, I was okay with spending a little more based on what I understood to what I was looking for. I originally booked a spa suite, which had the advertised a spa soak tub, 1 of 2 things my wife and I wanted. When we checked in, we were given keys to a standard corner suite...which is not what we reserved. We called the front desk and explained our reservation and were immediately upgraded to the WOW suite, the largest on property. I asked if the tub was big enough for two and the front desk said yes. We moved to the room (even offered help with luggage, unnecessary but appreciated) and it was indeed huge. Kind of modern/Austin Powers, I'm sure it catered to the young/hip crowd. We walked into the bathroom and saw that it was huge...but the tub was not big enough for two, comfortably anyway. I get it that Jacuzzi/Whirlpools are a premium, but if a person asks if two can fit comfortably I would have expected an honest answer, especially for the price we paid regardless if we were upgraded.
Fast forward to dinner at Roku: really good but expect to pay premium prices. Again a place for the cool hip crowd, but I was under the impression from the hotel website that the dress code was a bit more upscale. That was quickly put to rest with the frat boy uniform for "nice" (untucked collared shirt, jeans, wearing a nice watch that dangles on the wrist like a bangle on a girl, and square toed shoes from the 1900s. But I digress).
We went back to the room to relax and were greeted by the room services I ordered: rose petals, champagne, and strawberries with chocolate. They were excellent, and my wife and I tried to take as good of a bath together as we could. The in-room stereo system worked well with my iPhone, so we relaxed. The music from the outside pool bar, which was NOT explained to us, started to get louder. We turned on the TV to wind down, which drowned out the noise from outside for a little while. To make this short(ish), here's were the problems started:
1. The "Blackout" option on the drapes system is a fat lie. Tons of ambient light from the pool bar and outside our windows crept in the room, I had to turn off all electronics to get it actually closer to black, and then realized it was impossible because the window that was above tub was letting in light and the modern bathroom had no door to close out the light. Bottom line is that there was too much light for a supposed premium room.
2. The bed was too soft. I know this is a preference, but if you like firm beds/pillows you will not like this bed at all. My wife said it was like sleeping on cotton candy.
3. The A/C system only shut off for about 10 minutes at a time. And when it was on for the other 15-20 minutes, imagine trying to sleep while the humming of a microwave is on. Not relaxing at all.
4. The WOW suite is also the handicapped-friendly room. Tons of room, of which they will try and sell you as a premium, seems unnecessary unless you were handicapped. For example, the rain shower and adjoining bathroom were huge, but the tub was small in comparison. Doesn't make sense until we looked at it from the handicapped point. If we got the spa suite like we wanted with the bigger tub as originally reserved, that would have been nicer.
5. The pool bar scene was happening until 2 in the morning. If that was explained to us when we moved, we would have requested a different room on the other side of the property.
6. Parking is $50 (per night?) for A GUEST OF THE HOTEL. That's just ludicrous.
Normally our treat to ourselves is to order room service, but because of the very poor sleeping conditions we just packed up and ate at Denny's instead. Bottom line is that my attempt at having a romantic getaway with a large tub and quality sleeping conditions (2 of 2 things we were looking for) sorely lacked at this hotel. If we were looking for a place to party and hang with our friends, this would be an awesome location. But a little information on the true nature of noise and light management in the rooms would have been nice. The staff was super friendly and seemed happy to assist us. But we couldn't ask them to keep things down, so there was no point in trying to bring this up. My wife and I rarely get to have these types of nights out, and I wish I would have looked for a resort instead which placed intimacy/light & sound management over the "social" ammenities. What we wanted to a great memory ended up being just a memory of poor planning and regret in not asking the questions important to us. If you're looking to party, this would be a great place in Scottsdale. But couples looking for romance between just the two of them should look elsewhere.
Room Tip: If offered a Wow Suite (#459), be aware that the room has a balcony that overlooks the pool bar and will be loud until 2AM. And that the "Blackout" option on the drapes is minimal at best, lots of ambient light in and out of the room.
February 13, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by SMF426 too cool to be cool
the hotel is icy and not really welcoming
the limited outdoor space that is not in the sun, plus rooms with parking lot views make this a really weird Scottsdale choice.
the rooms are not good for business as the hookups for computers etc are not easy to access, the open bathroom areas unappealing and frankly just weird. As for the front desk folk, they are too cool themselves to be truly welcoming. I tried it twice and not sure I would go back,
February 3, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by FrequentTraveler13 ABSOLUTELY NOT WHAT I EXPECTED FROM THIS W!
I love the W Hotels and wanted to revisit this W as a part of my SPG Mission to stay at least one night at EVERY SPG hotel, covering all 9 brands within the United States,
1. W. INSIDER: RACHAEL, I cannot thank you enough for everything that you did for me. Rachel was in touch with me even before my arrival. She sent me an email with her contact details and personal cell phone. She was in constant communication with me. Upon my arrival on Friday, December 6th, 2013, she personally welcomed me and gave me a tour of the W and even brought free drinks. She personally escorted me to the bar located by the swimming pool and gave me a tour even though it was chilly outside. She researched and gave me printouts pertaining to elite movie theaters, regular theater and fine dining. She even booked dinner reservations at MASTRO'S STEAKHOUSE for me plus arranged for transportation for me to be picked up from the airport and from MASTRO'S when I was done with dinner. I also want to thank RACHEL for my in-room amenity, free drink coupons, free ice skating coupons and my welcome card. MY MOST POSITIVE INTERACTION WAS WITH RACHEL AT THIS SPG Hotel.
2. TRANSPORTATION: I landed at PHOENIX SKY HARBOR International AIRPORT and JAMES from the W picked me up. He was very courteous and waited for me at the airport even though my flight was 30 minutes late. JAMES was very pleasant to interact with and was very intelligent with extensive knowledge about the area and the SPG Program and properties. JAMES also picked me up from MASTRO'S STEAKHOUSE after I was done with dinner. The ride from the airport will cost you a flat rate of $45-not bad for a cool ride.
I also want to thank ADAM for driving me from the W to MASTRO'S STEAKHOUSE.
3. HOTEL DECOR: This W is beautiful and you will love the decor once you enter the hotel.
4. LIVING ROOM: Well maintained and great service. The bartender girls are very courteous and extremely beautiful. On weekends you can capture a glimpse of celebrities at this hotel. The most beautiful ladies can be found in the living room on the weekends.
5. LIVING ROOM BAR: I want to thank MICHAEL-the bartender for being extremely courteous and doing an excellent job in spite of being extremely busy. Thank you for everything that you do MICHAEL.
6. HOUSEKEEPING: I want to thank RAYMOND for being super nice and getting me extra towels and shower products to my room.
7. ROOM MINIBAR CHECKING ATTENDANT: On my day of checking out HATIDZA checked my minibar. She was the most courteous lady ever and did an excellent job. Thank you for everything that you do HATIDZA.
8. POOL AND ICE SKATING RING: This W has a very cool pool and ice skating ring adjacent to it. You can rent a cabana if you wish.
9. WHATEVER/WHENEVER: Thank you RYAN for being very helpful and courteous.
10. CHECK OUT: Thank you JOHN for being efficient and assisting me.
1. CHECK IN NIGHTMARE: I arrived at the W and was very happy to get there as the Ws are my favorite brand. KATIE was at the front desk and was very courteous but had NO CLUE about how to check me in. She informed me that the system would NOT ALLOW HER TO CHECK ME INTO THE HOTEL. She indicated to me that that she would have to consult with her supervisor. She disappeared for a long while while I just waited at the front desk. When KATIE returned she had LEON with her who also had a tough time checking me in. It too a VERY LONG TIME for LEON to figure out how to check me in. He was assisted by MATT (From the Great State of Ohio). MATT was very courteous and engaged me in conversation while KATIE AND LEON took their time trying to figure out how to check me in. You have to be kidding me guys. It is not appropriate to waste the time of guests who may be hard pressed for time with such longish check in delays. I almost missed my dinner reservations at MASTRO'S STEAKHOUSE. I have never encountered such a check-in delay at ANY of the numerous SPG hotels that I have been to across the United States.
2. IN-ROOM AMENITY: RACHEL, the W. Insider had very graciously arranged to have a special amenity delivered to my room before my arrival. She was shocked to learn that I had not gotten it. She immediately rectified the issue. This just demonstrated poor organization on the part of staff. But I am very thankful to RACHEL for everything that she did for me.
3.WHATEVER/WHENEVER; Poor service from TAYLOR and KATIE (who had checked me in). When I spoke with KATIE on the phone, I asked her if she was at the front desk as she had checked me in. She responded by telling me that the front desk and the whatever/whenever desk were interconnected. I was getting the feeling that she thought that I was completely unaware of the front desk and Whatever/Whenever operations. It made me feel like a dumbo. But KATIE was over all very courteous in her conversations with me.
4. UTTER HUMILIATION/POOL ACCESS SECURITY DISASTER: I was in the living room on Saturday December 7th, 2013 and wanted to access the pool area. There was a security person guarding the stairway entrance to the pool and bar area. When I tried to access the pool, I was abruptly stopped by the security agent who asked for my ID. I provided him with a US Govt issued ID and he refused to recognize it as a valid ID. He stated to me that he could not locate a date of birth on my ID as such HE DENIED ME ACCESS TO THE POOL AREA AND BAR. I approached the front desk agent, ARIEL and explained the situation to him and wanted to talk with a supervisor. ARIEL did not assist me at all nor was a supervisor called. I WAS DENIED ACCESS TO THE POOL AREA/BAR even though I was a guest at the W.Scottsdale. I HAVE NEVER FELT SO HUMILIATED AT ANY SPG HOTEL DURING MY ENTIRE SPG MEMBERSHIP LIFE.
5. CCOL CORNER SUITE: I used my SUITE NIGHT AWARDS to upgrade. The cool corner suite is cool with the following flaws.
A, The sink does not drain efficiently and floods.
B, The shower takes a long time to dispense HOT water.
C. You cannot sleep until after 0200 hrs on the weekends secondary to SUPER LOUD MUSIC. The room is not sound proof but does have a great private balcony.
6. CHECK OUT PROCESS: KATIE was again at the front desk and even though she is very sweet and courteous, she has no job efficiency. There was a $8 parking charge on my account even though I had been charged $26 for overnight parking. KATIE was kind enough to take the $8 charge off and instead of adding $8 to the cash that the hotel owed me she SUBTRACTED the $8 from the cash amount. I have been through many hotels in my life and I immediately pointed it out to her. She responded by stating that she was not sure why the system made such an error. But this is COMMON HUMAN SENSE. She consulted with JOHN who then efficiently dispensed the cash that was due to me.
7. MASTRO'S STEAKHOUSE: Located nearby, overpriced, great steak, poor service.
1. Staff needs better training.
2. EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE needs to be improved.
3. Loyal SPG-75 AND SPG-100 members who LOVE the W brand should NOT BE HUMILIATED BY SECURITY GUARDS and DENIED ACCESS TO HOTEL POOL/BAR.
OVERALL: AVERAGE experience but I still love the Ws and this is still one of my FAVORITE Ws. I will not let one absolutely humiliating experience deter me from coming back to Scottsdale.
Thanks again to all the staff members who helped me out. You all did a great job and the others who did not I still want to thank you for trying your best.
December 10, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by bproctor007 Not so special status this time
I understand that I am only gold status, but whenever I travel I stay with SPG resorts and most the time with a W hotel and the Westin if there is no W in the city. I always expect an upgrade if they are available as part of the stellar service I have come to enjoy through SPG.
This was not the case this time, in-fact I have been to the hotel on 5 or 6 separate occasions this year alone for weekend stays, and I have only been upgraded once.
This last time the hotel wasn't booked up at all, and they indicated that they only do upgrades when they are really busy and not when they are really slow. This makes no sense from a customer loyalty/lifetime value standpoint. So, you would rather make sure you have something available for first time guest or non-loyal guests than provide an upgrade for a customer that nets the hotel a much greater profit over the course of their many stays? I speak at conferences on analytics and serve on Adobe's advisory board (specifically their analytics product). This is the exact opposite of what makes good financial sense, and starts to tarnish the value of the SPG rewards program.
July 23, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by docalex Don't understand why anyone would ever come back...
I paid a fortune for a "suite" that has no bathtub, cheap college furniture, and only one drawer to place clothes. Heated towel racks? How about NO TOWEL RACKS!? The rooms are reminiscent of an old school dorm room. Bed in the middle of the room with no furniture and just a bunch of stuff on the floor that is for sale. The hotel is "trendy" to the point of having no creature comforts at all. The lobby is beautiful, and the pool is gorgeous and turns into a giant night club at night. Sleeping there is like trying to sleep in the middle of a night club. A great place if you are looking for a "hookup" and a one night stand, but not a place for professionals or anyone who has ever stayed at a truly nice hotel. Service is impeccable in a true starwood manner, and the people are great, but upper management is clueless. Whomever thought it was ok to charge a fortune for a room WITHOUT A TUB was WRONG. Whomever thought it was ok to charge for CLEANING in addition to the room charge was WRONG. Charging for internet WRONG. Charging for PARKING??? REALLY? AT SUITE PRICES? The "added charges" added $200 to the nightly room price. RIP OFF was the theme of the stay. I would never come back, and I don't understand how anyone would write a good review of this chain. People who like this hotel either got lucky at the bar or simply have never stayed at a nice hotel and have nothing to compare it to.
November 9, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by marsmc888 Memorial Weekend 2011
I stayed here for a night over Memorial weekend and had a pretty decent time. It's difficult to give a star rating here because some things were great and some things were pretty bad, so I ended up with middle of the road...
1. My first server of the day at the pool, a cute brunette, was all smiles & friendly. She wasn't hovering but just seemed to appear when I was ready to order another drink. Her recommended mojito was very good.
2. Location, Location, Location
3. There was a really cool bellman who helped me with my bags when I arrived and again when I checked out. He retrieved an item I had left at the pool from lost & found and was just all-around nice to chat with.
1. My 2nd server lost my ID. LOST MY ID on Memorial Weekend. Can you imagine how much fun it was when I tried to go out in the city later?
2. My tiny room had a lovely view of a rooftop full of trash.
3. The pool was gross. Why in the world would the W sell tickets to outsiders to lounge at their pool when they already had a full hotel of paying guests? I felt completely cheated out of a lounge chair, good service, and some measure of exclusivity by their decision to let every local with $20 squeeze in to the midget-sized pool.
Frankly, I think 3 stars is being pretty generous for this experience.
October 21, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by Headlakeman Not what I was expecting
Beautiful hotel. Sushi restaurant was great....location was perfect. Plenty of restaurants/bars to walk to. Don't plan on laying out at the pool on a weekend...they open the pool to the public (with a charge) so good luck with that one. Wouldn't hurt if the employees would smile and act like they were glad you were there....kind of had that "to cool for school attitude". Asked for a upgrade when checking in...she said no without even checking the computer. I called and acted like I wanted to book a room and they had several rooms above the category I booked...imagine that!
April 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cheung79 Great service! Great location!
The W hotel is a very lively place, great for the young crowd, but not recommended for families as it can be very noisy. The staff was very friendly, and welcoming.
July 21, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by marksleepless good location
The hotel was more like a wild fraternity party on the Saturday night I stayed.
June 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by jason2231 Great Hotel & Great Staff
The hotel is in a great location with a ton of great things to eat and do within walking distance. The hotel is well maintained and very modern. It was a perfect fit for our bachelor party.
July 16, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by richyaya Bar service at pool bar
We spent an afternoon at the roof top pool. The pool was not crowded, however, the area around the pool was not kept up to par. Used towels, drink cups etc. littered the seating area.
When we went to the pool bar, we were one of three couples in the lounge area. We ordered drinks from the bartender and sat down on lounge. While there was no waitress, when drinks were prepared, they were left on the bar and never served to us. After a few minutes, we happened to turn around and our drinks were sitting at the bar.
We were only a few feet from bar and the least the bartender could have done was call out to us.
Management needs to be on top of personnel in this area. There is no excuse for having untidy pool area and server bar area needs to be more attentive.
July 7, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Nicole Staff is rude and stuck up
I was here for business and I always stay at Starwoods. The staff always were huddled together and barely ever said hello when I would walk by., just stare and make me feel uncomfortable There were a lot of Bachelorettes and a bachelor parties so it was super loud at night. The lobby turns into a big scene at night so don't plan on walking by unless you are dressed up or else everyone stares at you.. Over all I was super disappointed. The staff just had a too cool attitude. I didn't feel like they were professional. I won't be coming back.
May 4, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Panch Great Experience Overall
This is by far my favorite hotel in Scottsdale. The location can't be beat, the rooms are great and the staff puts it over the top. I've stayed at several W's but this one routinely gives me the best experience. The concierge gave me a great running route, the bartenders make solid cocktails, and Shannon the new W Insider went above and beyond to make the entire stay enjoyable, not just my time at the hotel. She even gave my friend, who had just moved there and met me for some drinks, an overview of all the main spots based on what he liked. Also, the pool scene here is pretty incredible.
July 24, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by VegasGuy Modern Hotel
Nice up to date hotel. Staff was great.
July 14, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Tr1911 Needs Work...
As a frequent traveler and a pretty good Starwood customer I expect much better. Guests were unruly and I didn't get any sleep. Getting breakfast was impossible, and room quality was poor at best. I was pleased that the staff immediately addressed my concerns about the noise the next day. But, I expect much more from the W. I also expect better quality for that kind of rate. If you're not there for the lounge or pool, don't wast your time...
November 18, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by 4thPeriod GREAT JOINT
No place else to stay in great Phoenix area. Did a one night hit while covering Coyotes hockey game and was worth every minute of drive across the Valley to stay at property. From the time I checked in (thanks to Chris from Philly at front desk for early check-in) to the moment I departed, it was an enjoyable and comfortable stay. My list of hotels in Phoenix is now reduced to one.
May 17, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by monatubac It was good
It was good, but I had bigger expectations. I think staff is great except for the onces on reception. They don't have a lot of knowledge and are not very helpful. I think that they should work on the breakfast menu and offer better things...
July 8, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Erin Not one of the better W's I've stayed at.
Multiple issues during my stay. One morning there was no hot water. Another they had removed the bathrobe from my room and no one at the front desk would pick up the phone to bring another. Yet another day I walked in to find my heat had been turned down 60 degrees. Likely won't stay here again.
February 15, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by 471cc Late nights
The actual hotel was great but the guests across the hall were out of control from 6pm through 3am. Perhaps this is standard with a stay at the Scottsdale W, but I would have expected management to ensure that this was also the expectations of other hotel guests who were kept up all night.
August 14, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by businesstraveler36 Bring your ear plugs
Kids running down the hallway partying and screaming late at night.
Inappropriate guests rolling in and out of the rooms at night and in the morning.
Staff needs to do a better job with Security. Seems as if they are more interested in their night club rather than their guests.
December 17, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Traveler12a Great facility but terrible service
Manager on duty was extremely rude and not interested in helping with incorrect bill at time of check out. Made a great hotel not very welcoming. Sushi restaurant at property was very tasty. Rooms were well done and extremely clean.
November 30, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Sheena1221 Hotel need help
After staying at this hotel in December 2013 and already having a bad experience I received an email from a manager to stay again with a free upgrade to a suite. The night I needed to stay they did not one of the cheaper suites available that I could upgrade to so I booked the marvelous suite online and prepaid the $762 room fee. I then got an email letting me know he would be reducing the fee to $700. Upon arrival to the room we noticed that the rooms tech. system was not working. The surround where you put you Iphone into was not working and we had the building supervisor look at it and he confirmed that the whole system was not working. That was not the end of it the rain shower also was not working and neither was the tv in the bedroom. The outdoor patio had spilled stains and cigarette butts all over and you could tell that was not cleaned as well. Later that night upon returning from dinner I had to wait to get back into the hotel due to the bouncer making us wait while he checked ID's of people going to the bar. All in all I have never had such a terrible experience. I have stayed at many W hotels and this one on both stays have been terrible.
April 22, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by LoyalStarwoodGuest Loyal Starwood guest - Expected much more
I have been a loyal Starwood guest since 2006. I have an American Express Starwood Preferred Guest credit card, which I use regularly; I have stayed 300+ nights in Starwood hotels over my years of both professional and personal travel. My wife and I own a timeshare through the Starwood and have maintained elite status since 2006.
Never in my experience with Starwood have I ever encountered a situation like this. During my stay at the W Scottsdale the weekend of February 1, 2014, I was immediately accused of 100% responsibility for damage to the hotel room, which in my opinion, and evidence that I obtained supports was completely accidental. My credit card was charged for the damage without my authorization. The Director of the Welcome Desk was completely unreasonable when attempting to come to a mutually agreed upon form of resolution. I was never given the courtesy of receiving a reason or how it was determined I am responsible for 100% of the financial burden of the damages. The only answer I received was ‘I’ve reviewed the security report and I cannot remove the charges’. Throughout the process, I was never given the benefit of the doubt and constantly had to explain my innocence, rather than discuss a reasonable resolution. I found this to be offending, as a guest who has been so loyal to the Starwood brand.
I’ll be assessing whether I’ll be staying in a Starwood property ever again, both for personal and professional travel, after this experience.
February 11, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by NikkoM Weekend Stay
This is my 6th time at the W Scottsdale. I generally love the hotel but find some of the male staff/bouncers to be overly rude.
On this occasion, I arrived at the W at 6:15 pm and my room was not ready. It was not until approximately 8:00 pm that I received a call informing me that my room was ready. I really got nothing from the front desk other than "I'm sorry, but your room is not ready." I was expecting her to be a little more apologetic and perhaps comp me a drink or appetizer while I waited for the room.
Most bothersome were the men working at the pool. My buddy and I had golfed earlier in the day and arrived at the pool around 1:30. We hung out with friends and laid out by the pool. While my buddy was laying out he fell asleep. One of the pool guys came over and said he was not allowed to sleep. We thought he was joking. And then wondered how he could tell the difference between the guests who were sleeping and those who were merely laying on their backs. I then dozed off a bit later, which is what people generally do when they lay out near a pool, and the same gentleman came by and kicked my lounge chair telling me to wake up. The explanation we were given is that the pool is a bar and that you are not allowed to sleep at bars.
Of course, most hotels with pools serve drinks poolside. So, according to his rule you are not allowed to sleep at any hotel pool because it is not a pool, it is a bar.
May 23, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Active Adequate
hotel itself, as with most Ws was very nice and chic.Very understaffed at the front desk. Not exceptionally nice. not worth the price.
Its a 4 star rating, but not 4 star value. I would stay at the phoenician over this hotel 10 out of 10 times.
not bad for a night- but not much to offer for an extended stay at all. Pool area was comfortable, but not inspiring at all. spa was very small and limited.
Really just a vanilla hotel with some W bells and whistles dressing it up. Roku sushi was very good, and a nice scene as well.
March 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tony84 Amazing Hotel!!!
I do not particularly take the time to sit down and write a review about my experience, but after my stay I felt obliged to do so. This was my first time staying at The W in Scottsdale and I loved everything about it. I loved the ambiance, smell, decor, and how the W emits class! I felt like I was a king and was treated with the utmost respect from all of the staff. I have become a fan and will highly recommend this place to others and I am looking forward to staying at the other W locations.
I would also like to personally express my gratitude to one associate specifically. His name is Sean and he was the associate that assisted me when checking into my room. Sean exemplified world class customer service. I liked how he was friendly, and very impressionable after a very brief time of interaction. He displayed exceptional customer service and the W has definitely hired and trained a great staff.
June 23, 2014