Rated 1 out of 5 by businesstraveler1 Terrible service, shabby place
Totally not worth the price. Incompetent staff. Not even basic in-room amenities (no internet or coffee in the room?!?). Would never stay there again, even for free.
September 24, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by eyedoc83 Will stay again!
Bed was comfortable. Air conditioner was not able to be set lower than 71 deg. Like to sleep in cooler temps. Clean rooms. Safe in room was available. Complementary coffee available in the lobby in the morning. Had a late flight, but the hotel was able to store our luggage until we were due to leave for our flight.
September 3, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by retailmavin Is CFO now the CEO?
Charging $15 for internet is so 2005 when no smart phones but now it's rediculous! The router costs are all sunk and it doesn't cost you anything to open up free access; I can go to lounge and given access code, so let's make it in-convienient for guest to work in his room!
One bar of soap is stupid: try being in shower without bar and then having to get out and retrieive from sink! TV programing is weird: try selecting free TV and getting a channel to come on your first try: it's all geared to get you on a pay for view.
Staff was good, valet guys great, nice location.
May 7, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by lisa1975 Services under construction
If you book a $200+ hotel room it should of been posted on the W webisite that the bar and restaurant were under construction. Instead we had a horrible quailty buffet breakfast in the lobby on the second floor which provided horrible service. Breakfast for two for $60 I couldnt even eat the wet eggs and rubber bacon. This killed the experiernce of staying at the W.
December 5, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by Upseting Worst Weekend Spent at the W
AWEFUL! This property needs updates! Not worth the price.
September 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ld263 Classic Downtown Experience
Service and hotel design are consistent with the past experience we had with the W hotels at varies location. W is always a goof choice for chic getaways.
September 2, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by guest808 Great hotel needs management
You would expect a hotel that GUARANTEES your room by 4 p.m. would have some kind of effort to provide it or some concession if it didn't. Some people had been waiting since early morning and were furious. Maid service came about 5 p.m. with fresh towels, AFTER many of us had left for the wedding we had taken rooms in the hotel to attend. Where was the manager? We were told we could talk to him later. If the room wasn't ready by 4. Wasn't ready until 4:45 but he was no where around. Only computer guests could use to print out airline arrangements was in the business center -- closed on Saturday. (Staff came to the rescue.) Not what I expect from a W.
June 30, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by QbanJoe Nice hotel - Good for runners
Found the hotel great for walking to many of the Seattle's attractions including Mariners ballpark. Many good paths for runners along the pier. Surprised to find there wasn't a Bliss Spa Salon- which gave it an average overall rating
August 30, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by KGS5 Solid but slightly underwhelming
As with most W Hotels, the W Seattle was cool and had great vibes.The staff is very attentive and the bar is excellent and what you'd come to expect from SPG's team. That said, our group stayed in two rooms and each had some issues.
1. While we didn't expect spa-like bathrooms, each seemed a bit flat. The design was slightly dated and each had temperature issues with the water.
2. Again, not expecting a theater experience, but the TVs were dated and small - lacked HD quality as well.
3. The beds, while "doubles", were quite small to share if you're two people.
Overall, W experience was nice and the staff was excellent but the rooms could use a refresh.
August 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by RLMMG Fantastic
We had a fantastic time. It was a great room and the view was awesome.
August 31, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by disappointe This hotel needs a great deal of help
I waited over three hours for a room (arrival at 115 pm). I was advised to wait in the restaurant and someone would get me. That never happened.
The room, once I got there was really lovely. I agreed not to have my towels changed but it turns out if you agree to that you get no service in the room at all. That was embarrassing: I had a business meeting in the room and it was not made up.
I arrived for breakfast and put in an order at 815 after waiting 15 minutes for service. I had to call a manager at 845 because I still had not been served. Although she apologized, her heart was not in the apology, and it seemed to me the apology was a counterfoil for a failure of service and of caring.
This is a hotel that looks nice, but does not appear to care about its customers.
July 27, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by TomD Horrible Restaurant
As a platinum guest Ive stayed at many W's around the states and love this hotel except for the restaurant in the W Seattle. They just opened Trace after some remodeling and it looked like a cool restaurant. After seating myself and sitting there for 12 minutes while managers and waitstaff walked by I had to go and get the waitperson for my table and another guy that had been there as long as me. The staff was overwhelmed with about 1/4 of the tables seated, managers were clearing tables and deliveriing meals, service was horrible and not timely for a business traveler. I would suggest eating anywhere else.
April 16, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Wineglass Worst Hotel Experience-Never W stay again!
1.Did not provide driving directions. Garage has different street address from hotel. With GPS was IMPOSSIBLE to find.
2. The staff was indifferent to insulting.
3. Bottle of wine from the mini-bar was bad. Took several calls and over an hour to receive replacement.
4. Reguest Wi-Fi and was told rudely that it would cost $14.95 PER DAY because I didn't have high enough SPG rating. REALLY!
5.Sofa was at a 90 degree angle from TV which did not move. Thus could not see TV from sofa. Was told , again rudely, that in some rooms the TV did turn. THAT NICE!
6. Tried to use Business Center but had to wait over 30 minutes for attendant. Then was charge 34cents A MINUTE for computer use.
7. Numerous times the card key would NOT work the elevator or open the room.
8. There's more but you get the picture and this review space is limiting my input.
October 22, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by TJTravel Wonderful Stay in Seattle at the W
The staff was very friendly and knowlegable. Great recommendations for restaurants and shopping. The W is centrally located in Seattle so it's easy to walk almost anywhere in the downtown core. I would definitely return and recommend this location.
August 27, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Brenda2013 Hotel was not up to W standard and not worth the $'s
1) On check in the front desk staff gave us the wrong room number. When I went down to check she offerred no apology and barely acknowledged me. Her comment "its been a long day".
2) The bed was extremely uncomfortable and offerred no support. It is definitely time to replace the mattress. Both my husband and I woke up several times each night. At the end of the weekend we were more tired than when we arrived.
3) Hotel is not very soundproof. We stayed on an upper level floor and could hear all street sounds. As well, we could hear the phone ringing in another room.
4) Maid service was substandard. We used the ice bucket the first night and it was not cleaned once the entire time we were there. The bag and water was left in the bucket and it was not returned to its original location. One day we returned to our room at approx 4pm and it still wasn't cleaned. We had to tell them to clean the room while we were out at dinner.
August 13, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by ScottJK Great hotel, centrally located downtown
Great stay for my wife's birthday at the W hotel downtown Seattle. Got a corner room on the upper floor, great views, great retaurants nearby plus an easy spot to get to from the light rail from the airport,1 block away from a downtown station
August 25, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Jonathan453432 Called down regarding cleanliness - no follow up
I contacted the hotel when I first arrived regarding hairs in the bathroom. I was then moved to a new room. I contacted them again regarding long black hairs in the robe that were not mine. No follow up. I also reached out to the hotel when my room was not cleaned - they merely made the bed and left. Tissues which were not mine - I assume the house keeper had a cold - were left on the desk, as was a random water bottle left open by the bed.
July 21, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by seripha Quick and easy
I was 99% happy with this hotel. It was near by everything and the room was lovely and airy. The only thing that didn't make it 100% was that by the time we got to the hotel the valet parking was full. Thought that was a bit strange. We received a complimentary upgrade and free wifi which was great, ended up parking up the road at Ace parking for less. No in and out privileges but it was still ok.
The only thing that could make this place better would be access to a pool. Gym was great, but a pool would be wonderful!
August 18, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by notsolucky W Seattle
I was disappointed in the hotel. The rooms were smaller than I expected, and the energy saving heat/air system was not easy to figure out. This resulted in the first few nights being either too hot or too cold.
August 25, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by MakeItEasyForMe Needs to sharpen up
While there seemed to be plenty of staff milling about, perhaps they need more training in customer service.
October 30, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Ryan001 Green hotel = no comfort
Our room was extremely hot every time we entered (upon check-in and every time after we left and then returned). We realized eventually that this was because the AC was on a sensor; however, when my wife and I both separate inquired about the problem at the front desk, their response was to send an engineer (who told us about the sensor) rather than just telling us that there was a sensor and there was nothing they could do about it. Not only was the room hot every time we entered but it also became extremely warm in the evenings while we were trying to sleep (again due to the sensor). Further, we opted for the Green Option upon check-in in order to capitalize on SPG points but the front desk told me that this option just meant that our sheets would not be changed...they did not mention that is also meant that we would get absolutely no housekeeping whatsoever (i.e. bed was not made, room was not cleaned, etc.). You wouldn't think being "green" meant that the housekeeping staff doesn't visit your room at all. At a very minimum, this should have been communicated to me upon check-in because I would not have opted for this "Green" option if it was made clear to us upfront.
August 25, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Tman Horrible customer service
I had a scheduled trip to Seattle get canceled last minute and I had to reschedule my flight and hotel. They would not allow me to cancel my hotel reservation because it was within 24 hours of my stay and i had to pay the penalty fee, even thought I am a Starwoods Gold customer and I had no control of the situation. The reservation person was not even willing to work with me at all and was very rude.
I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN!!! I have never had this problem with any other chain and I travel every week for business.
May 30, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by gab37 one of the worst W i have ever stayed in
This W shouldnt even be in the W collection, from the outdated furniture, to the sub-par beds, the list goes on and on, for the price you pay there are many other options throughout seattle that will leave you satisfied!
August 24, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Grw78 Indifferent To SPG member
Unable to valet park upon arrival. Self parked in a near by garage at my expense. Line at check in with no SPG guest preferred check in. Was not offered SPG gold amenity or late check out.
July 25, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by NoMo14 This hotel needs to brighten up!
The Seattle W hotel was a bit disappointing. Rooms
are drab and tired. Overall the hotel is too dark, and not as hip and bright as the W's sell themselves.
Trace restaurant and bar was the only highlight. The food was good and the staff was excellent. Especially the breakfast manager, Krissm. She made each meal wonderful because of her positive attitude and
attention to service.
August 20, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Echobaseone Grand Entry, Lame Rooms
W hotels are regarded highly, perhaps Seattle is the exception. Beautiful entry area/restaurant, but the rooms are in dire need of a makeover. Dingy low ceilinged bathroom. Low water pressure from a lousy shower head. Nice toiletries.
The lauded Corner King was an exercise in wasted space with a small bedroom and large hallway. Super view of the adjacent parking garage, though.
Considered ordering room service, but the selection after 11pm is very poor, and breakfast appeared to be ala carte, and quite expensive at that.
November 7, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by teaktoc Significantly less to offer than expected
From the beginning:
- The valet was always courteous and efficient.
- The front desk easily checked me in and while I do not expect an upgrade being only gold, it was disappointing that nothing was offered.
- Wireless should have been offered as a free choice, my only proposed choice was the green choice, with a cleaning that was supposed to be on Wednesday. When I entered my room and needed wireless, I called the desk to see if the free wireless was an option. I was told that I had selected the green choice (again, no options were presented at check-in) and then told very matter-of-factly that I must have made the choice when I reserved the room (which was not possible as the travel agency booked this hotel). Obviously, listening to the guest was not of concern any more than presenting any options.
- Regarding basic room cleaning; having had checked-in on a Monday, I expected them to at least empty the trash bins and check to see if anything needed a refill by Tuesday afternoon. Although two more water bottles were placed on a table, the recycling was full, trash was not emptied and nothing else was touched. This happened again on Wednesday, when I was actually looking forward to the room being tidied-uip and nothing at all was done. It was late when I returned Wednesday and I was anticipating that Thursday would present the anticipated cleaning. This was not the case on Thursday either, when I had to ask for some more soap and the recycling was over-flowing. No one even bothered to look at a cleaning schedule apparently. The person who I asked for some soap from was very kind and helpful. It is apparent that the management just has no regard for cleanliness or guest comfort. The final night of my stay, Friday, was a surprise in that the room was actually cleaned and fresh sheets were on the bed.
- MOLD. there was plenty of mold in the shower grout. It was black, obvious and I find this to be a bit of a health hazard in the year 2014 when a simply spray bottle product can fix the issue. Again, clearly a lack of conscientious management.
- The bar service and restaurant were both excellent, including friendly, quality room-service.
August 25, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by VACorkDork Hits the Mark on all Counts!
Incredible, young, trendy staff and quite a surprise! The buzz at this Hotel is palpable. Food and drinks are exciting and outside of the norm for 'hotel fare'. Well worth the spend!
August 22, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Funadventuregirl Friendly staff
This was my first time staying at the W in Seattle and I will definitely come back! The staff, especially parking/valet staff, greeted me with a smile and made me feel welcome and comfortable. One employee in particular (Deon) went out of his way to give me ideas on places to go visit around Seattle. He took the time to ask me question to uncover what I was interested in. He later provided a map with venues circled and details as to why he was recommending those spots specifically for me. He was friendly, informative, and caring.
August 13, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by NewYears2012 Rooms are noisy
Spent an evening here after having dinner and seeing a show. Some of the rooms are adjoining but they have terrible sound proofing. The people next to us sounded as though they were in our room. They were up til early morning and there were no other rooms in the hotel. The window coverings are not able to keep any sunlight out so you are up when the sun is. I am sure if we didn't book using points the room would have been better. Need to question how you treat your frequent guests - there is a reason we probably won't reach platinum with Starwood.
August 11, 2014