Rated 5 out of 5 by TJTravel Wonderful Stay in Seattle at the W
The staff was very friendly and knowlegable. Great recommendations for restaurants and shopping. The W is centrally located in Seattle so it's easy to walk almost anywhere in the downtown core. I would definitely return and recommend this location.
August 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ScottJK Great hotel, centrally located downtown
Great stay for my wife's birthday at the W hotel downtown Seattle. Got a corner room on the upper floor, great views, great retaurants nearby plus an easy spot to get to from the light rail from the airport,1 block away from a downtown station
August 25, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by notsolucky W Seattle
I was disappointed in the hotel. The rooms were smaller than I expected, and the energy saving heat/air system was not easy to figure out. This resulted in the first few nights being either too hot or too cold.
August 25, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by gab37 one of the worst W i have ever stayed in
This W shouldnt even be in the W collection, from the outdated furniture, to the sub-par beds, the list goes on and on, for the price you pay there are many other options throughout seattle that will leave you satisfied!
August 24, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by teaktoc Significantly less to offer than expected
From the beginning:
- The valet was always courteous and efficient.
- The front desk easily checked me in and while I do not expect an upgrade being only gold, it was disappointing that nothing was offered.
- Wireless should have been offered as a free choice, my only proposed choice was the green choice, with a cleaning that was supposed to be on Wednesday. When I entered my room and needed wireless, I called the desk to see if the free wireless was an option. I was told that I had selected the green choice (again, no options were presented at check-in) and then told very matter-of-factly that I must have made the choice when I reserved the room (which was not possible as the travel agency booked this hotel). Obviously, listening to the guest was not of concern any more than presenting any options.
- Regarding basic room cleaning; having had checked-in on a Monday, I expected them to at least empty the trash bins and check to see if anything needed a refill by Tuesday afternoon. Although two more water bottles were placed on a table, the recycling was full, trash was not emptied and nothing else was touched. This happened again on Wednesday, when I was actually looking forward to the room being tidied-uip and nothing at all was done. It was late when I returned Wednesday and I was anticipating that Thursday would present the anticipated cleaning. This was not the case on Thursday either, when I had to ask for some more soap and the recycling was over-flowing. No one even bothered to look at a cleaning schedule apparently. The person who I asked for some soap from was very kind and helpful. It is apparent that the management just has no regard for cleanliness or guest comfort. The final night of my stay, Friday, was a surprise in that the room was actually cleaned and fresh sheets were on the bed.
- MOLD. there was plenty of mold in the shower grout. It was black, obvious and I find this to be a bit of a health hazard in the year 2014 when a simply spray bottle product can fix the issue. Again, clearly a lack of conscientious management.
- The bar service and restaurant were both excellent, including friendly, quality room-service.
August 25, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by KGS5 Solid but slightly underwhelming
As with most W Hotels, the W Seattle was cool and had great vibes.The staff is very attentive and the bar is excellent and what you'd come to expect from SPG's team. That said, our group stayed in two rooms and each had some issues.
1. While we didn't expect spa-like bathrooms, each seemed a bit flat. The design was slightly dated and each had temperature issues with the water.
2. Again, not expecting a theater experience, but the TVs were dated and small - lacked HD quality as well.
3. The beds, while "doubles", were quite small to share if you're two people.
Overall, W experience was nice and the staff was excellent but the rooms could use a refresh.
August 11, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by seripha Quick and easy
I was 99% happy with this hotel. It was near by everything and the room was lovely and airy. The only thing that didn't make it 100% was that by the time we got to the hotel the valet parking was full. Thought that was a bit strange. We received a complimentary upgrade and free wifi which was great, ended up parking up the road at Ace parking for less. No in and out privileges but it was still ok.
The only thing that could make this place better would be access to a pool. Gym was great, but a pool would be wonderful!
August 18, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by VACorkDork Hits the Mark on all Counts!
Incredible, young, trendy staff and quite a surprise! The buzz at this Hotel is palpable. Food and drinks are exciting and outside of the norm for 'hotel fare'. Well worth the spend!
August 22, 2014