Rated 5 out of 5 by cucu1965 Just perfect
My wife and are very demanding guests (too much at times!) but I have to say that W Maldives met and at times exceeded all our expectations. The resort management is impeccable and the quality is outstanding in all respects, I just would like to mention in particular the professionalism and the friendliness of the Maldivian staff ... again way over the average of other 5* resorts we have visited here.
A great experience from the beginning to the end.. will come back.
March 2, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by David Paradise on Earth
Warm and personalized service - almost all the staff seemed to know us by name or by our villa number. The W Insider, Ku, proactively reached out to us to see if we had any needs, and made sure that our special requests were attended to.
Very, very beautiful setting - the Ocean Oasis was perfect. Recommend doing an in-villa BBQ. House reef was rich with marine life, so snorkelling was sufficient, but the introductory dive lesson was fun.
Will definitely return to this excellent resort.
April 25, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 unforgettable honeymoon
I think it is the very best place for HONEYMOON. Splendid pool and beach. Friendly staff, My heart went pit-a-pat with up-tempo music on W's CD.
I'm the very happiest people. it is because my first day with my lover was started in W Retreat & Spa - Maldives.
December 9, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by shore0507 The Hotel and Activities are Amazing
1) Facilities are Absolutely Amazing
2) The Ocean Rooms and Upkeep is Great
3) The Nearby Lagoons and Reefs are Perfect
4) Down Under the Dive School is Absolutely Unbelievable
5) Special Mention to Staff's
a) Chef Sajeev gave us unbelievable service, fresh tasty vegetarian food everyday. He made our visit amazing
b) Elena at the diving school took us night snorkeling and diving. She was so helpful
c) Chunky, Chetan and others were all very accessible of helpful
February 23, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Naaf good for Honeymooners
I really recommend this hotel for Honeymooners and young couples. the strength points are the location, facilities, activities, and the restaurants.On the other hand, I have experienced an annoying problem during the first two days, unfortunately, I have found some living ants,spiders, and weird insects inside my water villa all over my bed and inside the closet. I have reported this problem to the management and they have tried to satisfy us to web out this experience from our memory but I don't think so that any one can forget such a bad experience.
October 30, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by BeeNov2012 Nice hotel with good coral reef views
Overall we had a good time in W Maldives - we stayed in ocean oasis which was located far from the sea plane pick up point, so that avoided a lot of the noises.
They have a nice sweet spots with lots of ice cream and soft drinks, which very much fueled us all along.
The corals are very beautiful near the beach oasis area and every day we went snorkeling.
The staff were overall very friendly - we went night snorkeling with one guy (forgot his name) and he was very attentive. The shanghainese girl was also very helpful in answering our questions. However, we were not pleased with the way the hotel handled the full board service - we paid for the full price for full board prior to arriving Maldives and we did that because we wanted to avoid hassles and not to limit ourselves on what food to be eaten. When we first arrived W, the receptionist told us we could eat whatever we want from the a la carte at Kitchen and enjoy buffet at Fire. For some reason, on the second day of our stay, we were told to only be restricted to 3 dishes per meal only -- and the a la carte shows soup, appetizer, main course and dessert, so what the staff said about 3 dishes per person already means I cannot eat whatever I want from the menu, this is different than what the receptionist told us when we checked in. The staff at kitchen, once they remember we are on full board, on the 4th and 5th days, keep forgetting about parts of our meal orders eg some sliders. I don't think this is professional enough.
We went night fishing and caught a fish that could be eaten at a restaurant. They told us if we wanted to eat it at Fire they would still charge us full buffet price, which to me is completely nonsense given we already paid for full board price, and there is totally no point for us to pay the full buffet price just to have Fire BBQ our fish! Anyway then another staff told us since we are on full board, there would be no additional charge for the grilled fish. You can see why the staff deliver different messages and confusing at times.
The staff were also very hard selling with drinks. We did not know it didn't come with full board. I also didnt known fish is not included in the full board but only come with a discount. I think it would be much more helpful to list out what is and is not included in the W maldives website about the full board half board details, otherwise we feel that it is entirely up to the staff to restrict the guests. Lastly, we found that ordering from a la carte is actually a lot cheaper than the full board if you are going to restrict number of dishes to be ordered so it would be helpful if you could insert some guidance for people on the website about a la carte prices, before people paying for full board prior to hotel arrival.
The hotel offered buggy service to the guests, but some staff just did not seem very willing to be picking us up in the morning to breakfast......
The good thing about this hotel is there are that many villas here so it is never too crowded.
November 30, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Timba My stay
We had the most enjoyable stay, with the staff performance excellent. The facilities were outstanding.
January 1, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jeremyc489 Needs a LOT of mangement work
*Bathroom floor glass does not even see through to the ocean so its useless.
*Why ask me at the seaport how i want to be address during my stay only to find that only 30% of the staff knew of this or my name at all?
*Food was overpriced in comparison to other resorts I have stayed in Maldives and quality was below average for that kind of price you charged,
*one particular staff that delivered food was extremely lazy and didnt even want to clean stuff before setting food on our table.
*since most staff there are on a 3 month rotational basis they almost act as if THEY are on vacation more than working.
*Your outdoor activities were way over priced and you guys need to do some marketing
*The wood on the deck of the room and around the room was all falling apart due to the humidity and the debris was found at the plunge pool on a daily basis without anyone cleaning it up. It was also dangerous because my wife caught a huge splinter on her hand during our stay.
* Your so called valentines day/private beach/in retreat special dinning set up charge without the food is RIDICULOUS!
* How can the above share the EXACT same menu and only thing different is the location? I think this is just plain stupid whoever thought of this.
* Spa who was ran by some people from Bali was very poorly trained. I believe thats the worst massage i have ever had at a 5 star hotel in my life.
* Spa hygiene was disgusting. The baskets to leave our clothes in was molding. The 2 blue tubs where i am supposed to bath my feet before the massage had black inner mold rims because they were made of plastic.
* Spa staff was working as if she was in a hurry to go back to Bali and used different pressure levels throughout the entire massage.
* Spa staff was literally resting her OTHER arm on the pillow of my head while massaging my wife and I causing our head to tilt down non stop, she also rubbed a lot of her oils all over my face and head while she rested herself.
* Food at fire to be put on the grill basically tasted like charcoal with no seasoning or skill whatsoever, it felt like I was eating at a primitive cave. For US$110 per person I expect a lot more.
* The hole in the room so you can look at fish was basically pointless, at other hotels at least they put some corals there so fishes will stay around that area but yours was basically a hole on the floor.
* Staff answered the phone pretty slow but i can understand this since it was peak season and you guys were busy.
* Staff should tell anyone that was speaking as if they were trying to announce a global message to quiet down as a courtesy to other guests at the hotel. We dont pay all this money to be on a deserted island to hear them talk. This goes for all nationalities.
* The pesticide car/boat that goes around the island to mist down the bugs should be notified to guests when this will be done because I was literally having a cocktail and eating snacks with my wife when I was basically inhaling that stuff in my lungs at the same time.
* Your price list was updated in your own system but was not updated for all the menus inside the room, this is very poor because I basically got charged for different pricing for items on the menu several times. If I wasn't a careful spender, i wouldn't have noticed and instead probably think you guys are trying to rob me.
* The lagoon area wave was very very heavy, this could have been just because the current weather we were there but since the person cant even stand on the sea bed wouldn't you guys think adding some more sand in that area would benefit your guests so they don't have to swim against the current constantly but instead enjoy that area to its full potential?
* All outdoor areas including restaurants were closed if there is large wind/ potential rain weather, shouldn't you guys think of a plan where you can still have guests enjoy your restaurants but still be ok with some sort of shelter above them and the outdoor air?
* All your bread/nuts basically tasted like soft wet stale goods. I think you need better storage compartments because humidity is not something that only happens on that part of the world and yet we still get some pretty damn fresh snacks everywhere else.
* Your cocktails basically all tasted they poured sugar water in all of them and the way how they made them differed everyDAY, everyTIME and every bar. For US$20 a cocktail comeon, at least try a little harder cuz W is meant to be famous for their drinks too.
* You shouldnt get staff to call your guests about the return of their rental gear the day before their departure for a before 2pm return because if you havent noticed, if they can afford to stay at the W, the chances of them stealing or not paying for the gear is pretty minimal I think and even if you dont find it in the room after they leave, you can always charge their credit card no?
* Not all staff smiled and greeted.
I can go on for days but then that would be a waste of my time to continue.
February 18, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Campos64 Hotel staff are not as friendly as I thought
Overal hotel staff in this hotel are not as friendly as what I expected before my stay. They do greet hotel guest everytime but it seems they are all fake smiles instead of natural smile. They seemed like they are forced to communicate with the hotel guests and they seemed to be indifferent towards all the things you told them such as your activities plan. Front desk employee doesnt pick up my calls within 3rings and sometimes they only pick up when you make a 2nd call. I do not like the service for breakfast in KITCHEN & buffet dinner in FIRE. Besides that, the island and the pool in W are small. The positive side of the hotel is the spa. They have friendly spa manager as well as friendly gym instructor. On the other hand, My experience in W wasnt happy but experienced & friendly diving instructor made my stay wonderful.
July 21, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lemin The first and best experience for my tour abroad.
This is the first time for my abroad tour with my wife. Actually it's for our honeymood. The scene is beautiful and the service is good on the W island. We enjoy our time in W Hotel of Maldive.
February 21, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 The wonderful memories of my life
Though the W hotel island is not big, but the equipment is complete, let a person as if place oneself in a paradise on earth. Everything here is so comfortable and beautiful. Staff are very warm, considerate service fine except the staff of the fish.In general this is a very good trip. It gives my life left a good memory.
September 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Richie50 Best Maldives Experience to Date
Location was breathtaking with an amazing house reef outside the door. The hotel staff were very friendly, helpful and eager to please. We were pleasantly pleased with the quality, taste and selection of the food on offer.
Our New Year's Eve was amazing and something we will always cherish. We will definitely be back again in the not too distant future!!!!!
January 8, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by vene Great Hotel and Staff but...
it started with very good welcome tour. The staff was told us bout everything that we need. The room was big and modern. We love the sound system for the whole room indoor and outdoor. House keeping staff name Ibrahim was clean our room very clean and neat, even on our last night he made a special arrangement for flower in bed. Surprising us soo much.
The food and restaurant was good. The kitchen staff name Fajar is soo helpfull and told us about W even more. At the second night we stayed she deliver chocolate to our room.
Overall everything bout this hotel is best.
Only one thing that we find it annoyed. in the package we should get welcome champagne and spa gift box. Apparenty, for the champagne we have to ask them for several time before they delivered to our room later at night. The spa gift box also the same, was delivered to us on breakfast time one day before we left. Even worse they delivered after Ibrahim (Housekeeping) told the staff bout the package that we should get.
So...u decide...whats wrong...
January 31, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Scoobysu Excellent location for honeymooners
Every detail of the resort was well thought out. We loved our ocean view water chalet. The surround sound Bose system in the room and outside on the sun deck added so much value to our enjoyment.
Keep up the great service levels.
April 29, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by jkr7 Simply Fabulous! Excellant Staff & Resort
This was hands-down the most fabulous stay. The rooms, resort, spa, and service was just perfect.
Rooms: Huge and beautifully designed allowing you to really enjoy the natural beauty of the Maldives.
Location: The W has a great location with the best snorkeling and diving on the small island. No need to go anywhere else. We saw sharks, rays, and turtles snorkeling around the resort island.
Staff: The attentiveness and kindness of the staff is really what made this resort amazing. Everything was above and beyond and the whatever whenever came true for us on several occasions. Ku really made our stay and checked in with us during our stay and really made us feel special!
Food & Activities: We were a bit worried that there wouldn't be enough to do on a small island but we were wrong! So many amazing activities and restaurants to enjoy - all 5 star! We were scuba certified and enjoyed every type of cuisine from Sushi to Maldivian food.
Highly Highly recommend! This is hands-down the best resort in the Maldives (and the SPG points make this even better).
December 27, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by rainy Thank you every one on the island of W employees
Thank you for my wife and I had a memorable holiday, special thanks to SARA for helping us, W island is very beautiful, I hope to have the opportunity to come back.
June 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rockwork Best vacation so far
We were in W Reatreat and Spa with our friends. So there was perfect combination of privacy and fun parties with friends. Being alone might be boring. Hotel has a night club, bars and club makes fair happy hours. Stuff is friendly and responsive. Variety of seafood meals. Maldivian lobster burger - must try. Wine list includes plenty of good and reasonable priced wines. Good fishing.
Minor complains: food in restaurant seems to be too expensive, no good meat, mosquitos, poor taste of fruits. Bad combination with Emirates flights, have to wake up at 5am or wait in Male 7 hours.
But in it nothing compare to two sail-fishes we caught. I recommend.
March 27, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by WarrenM Beautiful place with a personal touch
We had an Ocean Oasis (ocean view). Great snorkelling direct from our room. Room was well appointed and attractive in a more low-key than, say, W Seminyak but still with wow appeal.
The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. We loved every meal but particularly recommend "Fish". One highlight was a private dinner held in the Welcome hut (moved from a coral terrace due to rain).
Another highlight for us was the beach. Too many tropical resorts have a great reef but W has beautiful beaches that can be just swum from.
Note that we have stayed at other resorts in the Maldives and other snorkelling destinations such as Fiji.
November 4, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by F4B10 Simply Best-in-Class
It was a very special vacation for me and my wife: the last one before our child was born (and probably the last one for some year ahead). And I selected W Maldives since it was my "dream" since I enjoyed SPG in 2007. It means: I had high expectations from the hotel!
From the moment our plane arrived in Male until we left the same airport one week later, I didn't have to worry about anything - W staff was there, extremely well prepared with information, to take care of us.
Some examples of how we felt special there:
- At least 90% of the time we were called by our names,
- Ku (W Insider) and all the Talents were extremely friendly and warm with us: everybody was aware of my wife's pregnancy and offered help, services, fresh juices and other amenities,
- The room was perfect! Always clean, supplied with fresh towels, great furniture;
- SPG Gold status recognition: all managers were aware of this fact from the 1st contact in Male airport until our departure, including the local amenities (sweets, special bottle of water, upgrades);
- Food: exquisite! Special the lobster on Fish, Noodles on Kitchen and the barbecue (we cooked in our terrace... it was a great experience and there is a lot of food! Highly recommended!)
- Great external area, specially the pool (suggestion: get a drink and stay looking for the ocean inside the pool)
- My favorite: go to Fish restaurant (on lounge area) at 5:30PM. Get another drink and see the sunset. The sun ends directly in Indian Ocean 50 minutes after you have seated. Take a lot of pictures and get one of them as your laptop's screen protector.
We are really thankful for W Maldives staff! I really recommend this resort for everybody! Even here in Brazil (with our great beaches and 14,000 km far from there) because it is a once-in-a-life experience enjoy this paradise!
February 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Singhfamily WWWWWow
I rarely write reviews but this is a worthwhile exception. We came to the W Maldives to celebrate our 20th anniversary. From the spectacular seaplane arrival to the warm smiling faces and personalized attention the place was amazing. As a lifetime SPG platinum member I have seen a lot of properties but this is one of the best! The exclusivity makes it feel like its your own private island. Make no mistake, this place is expensive but the service makes it worthwhile. From the champagne bottle to an upgraded villa to a personalized DJ playing 80's tunes to a special Indian dinner by the ocean...the W staff made it a truly memorable experience! Thanks to all :)
June 29, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by DORIandATTILA Wooow - Probably the Best Honymoon destination on Earth !
It is hard to say in words what an amazing experience we got at the 4 days what we spent an Ocean Oasis. Unbelievable atmosphere, beautiful private apartman with own pool and with great Hi-FI and "signature" Music !
All of the Staff are just Great, and the Activities are awesome. Specially the seabob:)
Breakfast and Dinner also excellent.
However quite expensive, but It is worth every dollars.
We arrived with great expectations, but that 4 days were better what we hoped! :)
THANK YOU FOR THE 1000% HONEYMOON HIGHLIGHT !
I Hope we can come again Next Year!
February 10, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Angy amazing
the best Starwood property visited (after 1000 nights around the world) !
January 7, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Billy312 W retreats Maldives gave us a unforgettable honeymoon
Me and my wife came here for our honeymoon, and W Talents and management have made this an unforgettable holiday, and made us wanna come back again, and also explore other W retreats around the World.
W Maldives are simply amazing, all our demand has been made, the talents and the management are all great, love the food, love the service, and the room, When we thought the holiday can not get better, we got upgrade from paradise to Heaven (ocean oasis to Seascape escape!!) WOW! and the view are simply to die for!! we love every single minute staying this this island. we would like to thank, Chef Wolf, Marko, Haroon, whom made our stay wonderful, and last but not least Juan our diving instructor, gave me a diving experience of a life time!!
June 25, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Philip1970 Very nice
Very nice hotel to stay!
Love to snorkeling and take photos with the sea turtles!
Will come again in April!
January 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by SonjiGeorge W Maldives Best Place on Earth
One week after returning from our Honeymoon we are still gushing on how ridiculously beautiful everything was. The staff went above and beyond from the moment they met us at the seaplane. From the GM (Jennifer) to Head of Operations (Steve) to F&B Talent to Housekeeping...This group pulled out all the stops. It truly is Whatever You Want Whenever You Want. Felt totally spoilt by them. Couldn't have ran into more friendly and genuine people....we truly loved our experience and would highly recommend it (actually we just did to this newly engaged couple). Everything is to die for...I loved our overwater bungalow and plunge pool. And yes some may think it's expensive but it's definitely a luxury that is worth it...in this case you truly get what you pay for.
Sonji & George
October 7, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by nsdg The location was good,….but
food more expensive than I would expect and on top of it the food was not really that great, only option for good food was the fresh fruit, and fish, other than that , it was average for the cost of the room and travel to get there. staff were all pleasant and very nice and did their best bottom line, its far to get to and would not suggest that for the price
December 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by JULES111 Great hotel - all round
great all round experience. beautiful island. lovely atmosphere, excellent staff. my wife and i were spending our 10th wedding anniversary and this was an ideal location to catch up after hectic busy life in dubai with 3 kids !
December 10, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by James W is the icon of Luxury resort in Maldives
W resort can not be compared with other resort in Maldives because W Maldives resort is very very special and luxurious.
W has luxury guest room, and all of facility is very very excellant designed and nice. and The food provided by each restaurants are very dilicious.
Expecially, The coral reef can be easily found in all of the part of in the lagoon of W Maldives Resort.
It has very good underwater environment, so impressive.
And the mangers and staffs are very kind and nice to to
April 22, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by relive01 This hotel has great features
W Retreat & Spa - Maldives
What a wonderfull place
December 18, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Zach8989 This Retreat is good but not WOW
- Food selections can be better.
- Shouldn't be assigning guest a retreat that is near one that is doing renovation as the renovation seems to be dropping debri into the ocean, posting danger to guest doing snorkelling around the area.
- WAVE staff is less than friendly.
- Algae forming in the showers
- Amenities in the room is good.
November 24, 2013