Rated 3 out of 5 by Elvisthong69 poor organised
i was check into W Gaunzhou on 20 July and i was arrived at 2 pm afternoon and during the check in i was told that all the rooms has been occupied and i can only check in at 6 to 630 pm which i feel very poor organised and they told me that i only can check in the smoking room which is only 1 room left at the moment or else i have to wait until 6 or 7 pm whig i really cannot accept,i was book and paid for the non smoking room and the hotel should make it available latest by 2 pm and the receptionist told me that the hotel guest all check out at 4 pm and how can the entire W Gunazhou was occupied by platinum guest.
at the end i have to take up the non upgrade smoking room for the 2 night stay.
the hotel gym equipment is very limited compare dot the W hotels in Asia which is worst then sheraton hotel.the dumbbell was put on the floor due to lack of racking and is kind of obstruct and dangerous to placed all dumbbell beside the work out chair.
this is not a very good experienced stay.
However few of the staff was doing great job on customer service part.
July 23, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Walter11 This hotel is below my expectation I hold for W
Overall is fine, but when i pay attention to details there is a lot can be improved. Such as the in time feedback to consumer
July 19, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Beef Excellent Hotel
I have been to this hotel a few times already and will definitely come back again. Excellent hardware as well as wonderful services/management
- great staff : friendly and helpful, especially (but not only) the executive lounge staff
- nice platinum member suite UG: excellent rooms and facilities. The executive lounge on the 26th floor is beautiful and comfortable.
- location is convenient: around the new CBD and easy to arrange my meetings. The street behind has a lot of pubs and restaurants
- good breakfast buffet (2/Floor) and evening happy hour
November 15, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Tcf1997 Highly NOT Recommended Hotel
1) Only one front desk staff doing check-in. I have been waiting for a few minutes because she was handling some other guests, but other staff did not attempt to assist me although they were not busy.
2) The front desk agent asked me if I'm a SPG member, I provided my email address but have been waiting her to check. She said the computer is too slow (is it a good explanation to a guest)?
3) I entered to the room and called front desk immediately asking what room type it is. She said it is the theme of "Fire", I said I do not see any design that related to "Fire", and I request for a room change. She said she can only offer me another "normal" room which is not even as good as the one that I have checked in (and she said she has already given me an "upgrade"). I said fine, let's have a look of another room anyway. After a few minutes another staff escorted me to another room which I found it is exactly the same design. He said both rooms are actually "standard" and are not "Fire" design. I asked him to clarify this with his front desk colleague, and then I heard that they were arguing whether my first room is a "Fire" or not! Eventually I was offered to show another room with "Crystal" but I was told to pay RMB200 more per night. I just felt it was ridiculous, and I said I have to talk to a manager. Finally I was offered the "upgrade" to the crystal room because there was actually no "Fire" room was available. The staff "reminded" me that I should have made the request during booking, sounds like I was making a mistake and denied that they have made the guest confused.
4) Everytime I was scared by the toilet bowl when I open the room door, because the first eye you could see is the toilet bowl when open the room door. The toilet bowl cover lifted up automatically with the red and blue light flashing from the "W" logo, Very scary design...
5) The washroom door was hard to open and close, and I had to leave the door opened for easier access at night, but was bothering by the flashing red and blue light all night long.
6) I called "Whatever" for a bucket of ice, and the answer was just a simple "OK"...
7) The room attendant did a very bad job in cleaning up the room. A used small tower was left by the sink, The ice bag with some water (because the ice was all melted) still left on the TV desk. Two champagne glasses were just left on the table without cleaning, and did not put back inside the drawer.
8) Thermostat was unstable, I was sweating in the middle of the night even the temperature was set to 19 degree (which was the lowest temperture that I was able to set).
9) Check out was quick, because the staff did not even look at me for more than 1 second. She just simply asked me whether I have used the minibar. The final word was simply a "All set" in Chinese. As I expected, no mention of any THANK YOU.
Overall a very unplesant stay and I would defintely not recommend to any of my friends!
July 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by cn43 Friendy staff. Modern and chic hotel
I love this hotel. This staff are very frienfly and out-going. In particular, Juliana who I believe is one of the managers, was very helpful when I was having issues with my room key. The rooms are clean and fairly large.Th area is currently under construction but all the neccessary tourist attractions are within easy walking distance. The club there is very lively with lots of beautiful people. The gym is well equiped with free weights and machines.
December 15, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Beeleebala Great experience
Didn't expect such a good experience.
July 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by JPL125 Effortless stay
Anna and the entire staff were fantastic during my stay. My luggage didn't arrive along with me at the airport and the only clothes I had were the ones I arrived in. From the minute I arrived, Anna was very helpful. She arranged for my clothes to be laundered immediately and she managed to have the staff work with the airlines to track my luggage and get it to the hotel without me having to contact the airlines once. Would absolutely stay at the W Guangzhou again but will be recommending my colleagues to do so as well.
June 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by HenryM W Guangzhou! Stunning place!
Very well managed property, from the GM, room division manager and F/B manager, I had a chance to speak to all of them. They have great PR skills which is what a W hotel supposed to be....
The hotel is clean, food is excellent and management is focus on details.
A big difference with other W hotel such as Bali or Hong Kong.
So thank you to all of you for this unforgettable stay, will be back soon.
June 3, 2014