Rated 4 out of 5 by miawine Midtown music festival
The staff was friendly, professional and and accommodating. I really felt welcomed.
September 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by rivera777 Great people and close to attractions
Hotel is a great place to stay. The people in the outlets are very friendly and new a lot about what was going on around town. Awesome place to stay. Thanks!
September 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Trevor1173 thank you
we missed a connection at the airport and had to stay overnight. used SPG points and stayed at midtown. we did not have our luggage and Tamiqua (spelling?) helped us get a room prior to usual check in and then she learned we did not have luggage she put together a toiletry kit for both me and my wife. She really saved the day after a bad experience at the airport. please give her the star of the week award.
she also told how to get to atlantic station and get some clothes.
Trevor and Ann Davis
stayed 9/13/14 for 1 night
September 15, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by PurpleLady18 Yuck! Save your money!
It started with a very noisey neighbor, who thought they should party all night. We called security who only checked on them once all night. We didn't sleep all night. WE had to change rooms the next day - not the people making the ruckus. For breakfast, there was barely anyone there, except a table of 6 who had just ordered. We were advised NOT to order omelets or anything that would take time because it would not come quickly. We ordered regular eggs, which tasted like they came from a container. They couldn't have been real. The hotel seems to be a catalyst for partiers on weekends. Never again!
September 9, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by wigstheome Solidl and Dependable
Great midtown location. Comfortable, decently sized rooms. Better (i.e. quieter) in-room air conditioners than most Ws. Decline rooms ending in 00 or 01 unless you want to hear the whirling of the elevators going up and down whenever you are in the room.
January 8, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Boston27 We were very dissappointed with our stay.
We were not happy with our stay for the following reasons:
1) The bathroom sink was clogged
2)The bathroom door was sticky and dirty
3)The towels were frayed and had black marks on them.
4)A tile in the shower was missing.
5) The ice machine on our floor was broken, as was the one on the floor above.
6)After being out all day and returning at 7:30PM, our room had nort been made up yet.
7)The head board was dirty.
8) The paint in the room was chipping.
Overall a very unpleasant experience.
September 3, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by wigstheome Typical (Older) W Experience
Checked in on Sunday. As a Platinum, was not offered an upgrade, but did not insist. However, ran into a flight crew in the elevator after dinner that did get an upgrade, so a little disappointed it didn't go to a Starwood member. Valet was very good throughout my stay, and my vehicle was ready as requested. My room was perfectly comfortable, albeit a little dark, However, most (i.e. more than half) of the lightbulbs in the room were burnt out and inoperative. That said, room service was very fast and efficient, and the hotel delivered all of the newspapers requested. The gyn was also perfectly acceptable. However, the hotel totally muffed on reporting my stay, and I had to contact SPG to get my Starwood points correctly posted. Great location, but meh.
November 1, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by jwhas77 WORST Customer Service Ever
By far, this was the worst W Hotel I've stayed at throughout the US. I thought that W Hotels were held at the same standard across the world. A large group of us stayed here over this past weekend and was part of a wedding block. Every single one of us had major issues with this hotel and its staff.
1. I called in the night before the request an early check-in since the wedding started at 2pm. The person on the phone told me that it shouldn’t be an issue – of course its not a guarantee but shouldn’t be an issue. Never did this person check the system to realize that they were SOLD out the night before and that may be a red flag and bring that to my attention.
2. We arrive to check in – of course our rooms are not ready. We were informed that they were sold out the night before. OK – come back at 3:45 pm ET. One of our rooms was ready – the other was not. But that’s because platinum guests get the option of a 4pm check-out so they get priority? REALLY? That’s not our issue – that’s the hotel’s issue. Whether we are or are not a platinum member, we’re still a guest and your check-in time is at 3:00 pm. One of get our rooms and check in.
3. They tell us that even though the room is not ready – we will have the adjoining room set-up for our other friend so that when it is ready, we can just go right next door. At 3:45 pm, they pre-check us in the system as having the room next door.
4. Oh – and probably to the bride’s chagrin, we don’t receive our welcome package from anyone at the front desk.
5. We return back to check in our final party – this is around 5:30 – they’ve put our friend on the a whole different floor away from the rest of us and when we were told that she had the adjoining room right next door! What happened? They gave the room away? OK – after much battling, they put her back on the same floor as us – just down the hall.
Meanwhile – all day while we are dealing with this, not one time do we get an apology from the front desk person. He walks away from us without telling us he’ll be right back after he checks on something. COMPLETELY RUDE! And all day, while preparing to attending a wedding and reception, we are shuffling from room to room to change and get ready all day. VERY INCONVENIENT.
In the meanwhile, every single time we call down early for our car, its never there (until the last day on Sunday when we leave). So we end up waiting 30 mins each time for the car – what’s the point of calling down?
Our TV in room doesn’t work – the remote or even pushing the manual on/off button on the back of the TV.\
And the other ½ of our group, who arrived on Friday have more stories to tell – they plan on posting a review of their own and writing a letter to the general manager too.
Not until we spoke to the manager did we feel that someone listened to us – she took the parking off our bill and also reduced our friend’s room rate by $50. But at the end of the day, this was seriously the WORST W that I’ve stayed at and will never recommend that anyone stay here as well. Customer service was non-existent.
October 25, 2011