Rated 3 out of 5 Lots of room for improvement
Room is too cramped. Shower cutrain liner was dirty with mildew spots. 1 bottel beer took more than 30min to be delivered to room. Have stayed at Starwoods property more than 270 nights in last few years -- never seen a place charge to use the Business Center computer or for printing -- this charge is outrageous. Quality of some TV monitors on exercise equipment is poor -- not all channels work. Should offer MLB network channel on cable too
October 16, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 Not like most W's I frequent
1) one person at the desk on a Friday to do check ins, had to wait 20 minutes to get to my room after a longs days work! (checked in around 11pm)
2) order a cheese pizza from room service and it came up to the room as black as the asphalt on Peachtree! They brought me a replacement but the original should have never left the kitchen!
3) Had to wait 25 minutes to check out in the morning although i was running late to a 9 am basketball game because the front desk didn't have change for a $20 ( i closed out in cash)
4) Valet took forever to bring my car out!
5) then to end it all my credit card was charged $10.80 for two bottles of water that house keeping neglected to account for. I had placed them in the cabinet next to the safe to make sure nobody drank the elevated priced bottles of Dasani! its not a lot of money its just the principle of the lack of attention they pay to their jobs and the time it took me on the phone with Mikayla to try and get the charges reversed! I usually love the W and look for them in any city i'm assigned! This is by far the worst!
October 16, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by ssflgurl Pretty decor, but the bathroom set up was awful
Overall, the hotel is very stylish, clean and quiet. I asked for a late check out and was given a very generous 4 pm checkout time. I stayed in a "fabulous" room on Starwood points. The bedroom was fine - bed was comfortable. The problem was the bathroom set up. First, it was miniscule. Also, the shower did not have a door, and got water all over the floor - it also got the toilet paper roll all wet - unless you moved it to bathe. Every time we showered, we had to mop up the floor. I travel weekly for business and never have seen such an uncomfortable, disfunctional bathroom set up. It will keep me from going back to this hotel. Nice location next to Lennox Mall, though.
September 22, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by CRCoke W Buckhead
Great place to stay, close to everything and in a beautiful area.
The staff is amazing and always friendly.
October 13, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by t1933 Disappointing
Nice location. Hotel is clean and "chic", almost too "chic". They really do charge for everything exclusive of coffee, i.e. parking, internet.
The bathroom is a joke. You have absolutely no privacy. The toilet is essentially next to the bed. It truthfully is separated by an "opaque" glass sliding door. The shower is in the "toilet space" with a half glass to stop the water. It doesn't work. Two showers and the bathroom was flooded both times.
Incredibly noisy. My neighbors decided to go to bed at 4:30 but decided to discuss things in the hall for 30 minutes...nothing a hotel can do about that. It is probably the clientele the hotel attracts.
The bed was typical nice Westin bed. No complaints.
The ac didn't work properly. Had it set on 60 and it never cooled down after my shower. It was probably 75 in the room the whole time. I'm thankful it wasn't hot.
$14 per drink in the bar....really pushing it
October 4, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by dparm Typical W Experience
Overall I would say this is a typical W, which is a good thing: great atmosphere, fun furnishings, upscale feel. My only gripe is that the ergonomics in the bathroom are horrible.
For one, the shower head is mounted so high, and at such a weird angle, that it's tricky to adjust if you aren't tall -- it also tends to flood the bathroom floor because you can't adjust it far enough down. The shower curtain, similarly, is mounted about a foot too high and hence blows around in your face while you shower. I also wasn't a fan of the bathroom sink faucet; it tends to make a mess all over the counter top and has the water-saver head that gives you just a dribble.
Truthfully, the bathroom was annoying every morning and evening, and it let a blemish on an otherwise great stay. I hope that whomever designed the bathrooms will actually use one at some point so they realize all of the mistakes.
October 2, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by MVCLA W The Atl
Nice hotel in great location. Great lobby and bar and restaurant. Staff was great, Rooms are really not great and bathrooms small with shower not being functional. Fit/Work-out area not competitive at all, very disappointing
September 14, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by shawn625 Happy/Not Happy
The W is a nice place to stay. The bed was awesome...very comfortable, didn't want to get out of it. My complaint is 1. the water pressure for the shower and sink need to be improved. 2. I understand convience but $38 for a mediocore hambuger, warm french fries and a can coke is absolutely rediculous. The food was not even covered when it arrived to my room. 3. Thought the drinks were a little overpriced too but ok.
September 29, 2014