Rated 3 out of 5 by Peter332211 Good hotel. Poor service
This hotel itself is good,but the service is poor. I ordered a tuna salad from room menu. it is tuna with potato, broil eggs, lemon, potato, olives and bean. I waited for long Time and got a small plate with three piece tuna and three piece watermelon. Then, I called front desk. they cannot give me a good explain why it is totally different from menu and let me return the tuna and waiting for new meal. I was waiting them 50 minute and still waiting for service now(11pm) . I don't know when can I get my dinner. Service here is worse than other w hotel. Unbelievable, My luggage fell down to the ground from their cart when they drove us to room.
October 16, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Peter332211 Need improvement
My story continue.
Yesterday, Finally, I got my dinner after 12clock which I ordered on 9:30pm. Thank you for this "wake up" service.
This morning, I went to restaurant to enjoy my breakfast buffet. (I purchase the prepaid package included breakfast buffet from W official website.There is extra charge of $60 for breakfast buffet) However, The waitress told me there is no breakfast buffet service today and I can chose two the American Breakfast Combo for $25 each. It is means I prepaid $60 to purchase a $50 food. Ridiculous.
Then, They bring me coconut smoothie from kitchen with mosquito inside!
It is worst experience for my anniversary and hotel service needs improvement.
October 18, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mimi beautiful setting
It was my 4th stay In the W Vieques and for the first time I have some complaints II want to tell you about the room cleanliness. It looked like the room was not used for a while. The floor seemed unmopped, you could feel sand particles on your bare feet. One of the light bulbs was rotten. The worst part was seeing the sink and shower full of mold. The housekeeping woman attempted to do her best the day after we got there. She also got impressed about this. I wasn't going to call at 9pm to the front desk for this issue..
The air conditioned didn't work as well as to help you sleep like expected in a vacation. It seemed like it is programmed to turn off the chillers almost around late pm and turned warm and humid until mid morning, maybe its a way of saving some electricity expenses as they do in a cruise but who needs a/c to be cool during the day when people are enjoying the beach or activities.. There is no way to set it under 20 degrees. I almost used no sheets while waking up at least 3 times during sleep hours.
I got an upgrade for being a SPG member but after I unpacked my clothes into the mini closet with only 2 tiny drawers, I noticed it was an accessible room when I entered the bathroom and then saw the rails in the shower room. So I didn't get a bathtub. I called front desk but I had enough already to pack back my personal stuff.
Lobby cocktail only for half an hour and only 1 rum punch per guest. What?
Dinner at Sorce was excellent. I missed the breakfast buffet not available during my weekend stay.
Friendly staff all over the hotel facilities.
October 27, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by PissedOffPlatinum Best thing was EVERYTHING BUT THE HOTEL
Poor customer service. Lack of follow thru. Lack of integrity.
I am very disappointed in this establishment. From arrival I was met with issue after issue after issue. To this very moment I am still waiting for a call from management to resolve my stay and I suppose since I am gone and my money has been taken it doesn't matter. To be more specific I am a platinum SPG member who booked a stay to celebrate a birthday and grief my father's recent passing. Upon arrival I was told that the rooms (2 poolside oasis rooms) that I had paid was NOT what they had in the system. I spent 30 minutes printing screens on cell phones and forwarding confirmation emails. After that we received a cabana that was supposedly reserved (it was not reserved or ready or power equipped), a room that was not fully turned (not properly cleaned or restored), multiple requests to fix the phone that did not work in the room (had to call the front desk from outside on a cell) and spa who simply lost our afternoon massage reservations and had nothing to say. The final straw were the finger pointing and lying to my face from the manager of housekeeping…I loved the island and the people off the resort, but the fact that I am still waiting for a call and have been gone from the resort for a week now is disheartening. I expect this from 1 star venues….NOT THE W!! PS - I tried contacting you and there seems to be ZERO interest in resolution.
October 14, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by KKlein They haven't figured out how to run this place YET!
Well first off the facility is really nice! Vieques island is beautiful. The better beaches are on the other side of the resort.
Now lets come back to the customer service piece which was absent for the hotel. Here's the recap of events:
1. They will charge you to flush the toilet if they could. Basically I am not sure what the resort fees is for. The island is pretty small, you would think that they would have some sort of shuttle or 2 mile radius pick up and drop off service but they dont. You either need a car or riculous $20 per person fees to get any where around there! The only thing free was the ride to and back to the airport.
2. We shceduled a tour for Bio bay the first night: A. we were not on the tour B. we were told that the tour will be charged to our hotel room but the tour told us they dont accept credit card payment. We were sent back from our tour embarrased since we didnt take any cash. To top that, the bio car that brought us back demanded money to bring us back since we didnt take the tour.
3. The hotel manager heard us complaining and offered to arrange the tour for next day. She also told us she will comp the tour (very nice of her) but the nect day when we got to the tour, we were not on the list AGAIN and they had no proof that the hotel will be paying them directly. We were again shamed in front of the whole group but they let us take the tour this time.
4. On the second night, water started seeping through the sick in to the room. I complained to front desk, they sent somebody who simply mopped the floor but the water was contantly pouring out.
5. When we returned that night, there was a small lake in our bedroom, the luggage and shoes were wet! we complained again and were told that the engineer is only available during day and will come back in the morning so we slept in our lake that night.
6. The next morning engineer shows up at 6:30 am in the morning and asks us to leave our room. So without a bra and dirty teeth, we were made to leave our room.
7. We go to front desk and they say our room will be ready in couple of hours. This is the time you would have offered free breakfast but they didnt. If this wasnt enough, they put us in a new room with 2 double beds. There goes our romantic couple vacation! I asked to be placed in a room with king bed and were told that nothing was available. I have a hard time believing that, sicne the last building we were put in was pretty empty. Plus we were moved from a pool oasis room to the furthest building from the pool.
8. We go back to pack our wet clothes and run into a nice chap (engineer) who was working in our room and informed us that there was a pipe break in the room. He was nice enough to offer to get our clothes drycleaned (we declined) and offered us to buy breakfast. He asked us to go to resturant and tell them to expense the bill to him
9. On 2 separate occasion, we were waiting for something at whatever/whenever desk and front desk, when the employees kept talking amongst each other like we were invisible and then walked away with each other. The person at whatever/whenever never acknowledged me till I had to interrupt her daily internet surfing session!
All in all, this resort sucks in customer service. They made our stay exceptionally uneasy and irritating. Not what you want on vacation! I dont want to deal with water leaks, moving to double beds, not getting booked for tours on a 3 day vacation! Plus the attitude of " its not my fault" doesnt help either! IT IS your fault!
Any ho, will give where its due, the resort is beautiful!
November 14, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by LOCAL Not worthy of the W (or Starwood) flag
The good: restaurant and grounds.
The so-so: beach and tennis courts.
The bad: staff incredibly obtuse and rude. Yeah, I used obtuse.
The drama: way too much to go into here. Don't bother making plans as they will simply ignore or change them. Then, browbeat you or offend you in front of other staff and guests. Just plain horrible.
The upshot: None. Repeated requests to speak or interact with the GM of the property ignored, even when National Reservations intervened on my behalf. Waste of feedback time to National as they noted that this was not the first complaint. They were tracking the issues.
Good luck if you stay here. Just manage your expectations downward and you will be fine.
April 22, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by holysmoke17 Wonderful Romantic Getaway
My girlfriend and I recently visited for a quick 3 day trip to celebrate our anniversary and had a great time. We ventured into Esperanza one night to do a Bio Bay kayak tour and eat at one of the local restaurants, otherwise spent most of our time at the resort relaxing at the pool/beach.
The final night we did the Paradise Edge private dinner, during which I proposed to my girlfriend. I was incredibly impressed with the whole experience.
There was a wedding at the resort that afternoon so they set up a table on the secluded spa courtyard overlooking the ocean instead of Paradise Edge. I actually preferred this location as it was a more private spot. They timed the dinner so that we got to see the sunset. The meal itself was fantastic. Each course was delicious. Our complements to Chef.
Finally, our server Joel H was the perfect host. He was extremely friendly and accommodating throughout the entire experience. His wine selections paired well with every course. He knew of my intent to propose ahead of time and helped take several pictures at sunset and a video of the actual proposal. We thoroughly enjoyed chatting with him between courses. Thank you again Joel for a night we will never forget.
I'd like to thank Whatever/Whenever agent Jose R and F&B Coordinator Samantha D for helping me set up the surprise proposal before arriving at the hotel. I'd also like to thank B&F Manager David I for coordinating things the day of the event. The experience was flawless. We both wish we could have stayed longer. I wouldn't be surprised if we're back someday. Thanks again!
October 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Tito99 Clean ?
The Hotel has excellent facilities and a superb beach setting. The staff is very corteous and well trained. My big disappointment was the cleanliness of the rooms, the room halls and stairs. Our hall was stained with bird poops, soda on the floors, food from room service for over 24 hours, etc, etc. This kind of hotel should shine but this issue made it flunk. I recommend changing the cleaning staff and supervisor, and establishing or reinforcing the cleaning schedules an protocols.
October 7, 2014