Rated 4 out of 5 Great view
Excellent location for business and amazing view on the city, sea and beach
October 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Luckysofar This was a WOW experience
Everything is top in this hotel, the personnel, the services, the suite and the view we had on the 22e floor overlooking Barcelona.
October 1, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by art76 CUSTOMER SERVICE? What is that?
This is my third stay at the W hotel in Barcelona. Overall, the hotel is cool, vibrant and in a very nice and quiet location but senior management needs to make some great improvements in the customer service area (checkin and concierge) and adjust attitude if they want to be worth a SPG category 6 hotel.
- Quiet location
- Great gym
- Great spa
- Great views
Much needed improvement:
- Checkin: there´s always a drama at this hotel (330pm your suite is not available or your names get mixed up in the reservation)
- Room cleanliness: major spots and unpleasant smoke stink
- Concierge area: lot of attitude when asking simple questions (I was initially refused making a reservation at Bravo 24; I had to identify as a hotel guest).
- SPG recognition: no upgrade according to SPG Platinum standards.
December 7, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sazzy This hotel will exceed the expectations of all who cherish comfort and luxury
It is by far the best hotel I have stayed so far around the world.
October 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by jechho Great stay
Mostly due to an excellent starwood platinum recognition, which included interaction with the lovely Claudia before and during the stay, plus an upgrade to a Cool Corner Suite, my partner and I had a faboulous stay at the W Barcelona. It is during stays like this I understand why I work so hard to maintain the platinum status every year.
I only wish that the W hotel people would start thinking about privacy issues when they design the bathroom. I do not want to share or hear what's going on in the bathroom when I am travelling with someone!
And please add a coffee maker to the room. Having to require this (plus call every time you need coffee refills or filters) is just silly. So is the 50 euro deposit that is needed to get the hotel to lend you that rather old and big coffee machine.
March 11, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by ritchienough Definitely Unsatisfactory
This is the 2nd chance my wife and I gave to this W.
The first time was 2 years ago, the hotel was pretty new, so we thought that some littles problems can occur, it's normal. We decided to give it a go, and booked a new stay at the W Barcelona this august.
Unfortunaly, nothing has changed.
I say I must agree with all that is written under "one star" overall rating.
- Line at the reception lasts for ever
- Room was not ready (we knew that, because we checked in in advance) we left our luggages at the reception, they said they will put them in our room when it will be ready. When the room was ready, my luggages were still at the reception. I came down to ask for my luggages and the 2 girls here gave me my 6 luggages and left me alone in the middle of the lobby... ciao ! We hope you have enough arms to carry all your luggage to your room. I appreciate...
- People are "reserving" beds around the pool from 9am, but these beds will remain unoccupied for hours
- champagne is served in plastic glass at the beach or at the pool bar. Are we speaking Luxury hotel here ?
- spg member ? ho ? what's this ? You want to see a room that could accomodate your whole family. Sorry, not possible.
Well, in fact, it seems that this hotel is made for people who can waist money without paying attention to what they get for it.
This Hotel was a stop during our trip from a "leading hotel of the world" to a "Relais & Chateaux". It was the most expensive, but far from the best.
August 17, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Tender1 best situated hotel of Barcelona
Perfect Hotel by the sea. Very good helping staff. .Super breakfast Very good Spa and gym.
No good security coming from the beach (door was open must of the time ) , very noisy Hotel , the background music was to loud and all over the place...no quiet zone's !!!!; NO INSIDE swimming pool and the outside pool is in the shade during winter time . Bar the Eclipse is more a Night Club than a bar and this even at 07 pm .
November 5, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by Gcg1947 Great hotel but not perfect
Wonderful view from room and furnishings very comfortable. But there are some triumphs of design over functionality - eg shower door opens wrong way and can't avoid wetting the floor outside the cubicle. Hotel guide in room was poor and no real information re restaurants etc. had to ask for any info we needed, which is annoying. No breakfast prices in restaurants or on menu. Shocked to find 57€ on bill for two buffets! Why no free wifi? Are we not in 2011? Staff all polite and helpful. Concierge was really excellent.
December 7, 2011