Rated 5 out of 5 by michelpinson Amazing time
I have stayed 4 nights at W Barcelona.
Hotel is new, clean, staff is nice, and location is perfect, at the end of the beach, with a private beach access.
The pool is great with an amazing view and a nice choice of foods and beverages.
I can't wait to be back !
August 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by stf1234 key cards need a major overrhaul
The room cards are a major problem. They tend to last for one or two entries into the room. We had to have ours redone at least once a day. Every other guest we spoke with had the same problem. The staff at the desk were rather annoying about this, since they seemed not to recognize that this is a structural problem, not that of indiiduals.
August 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by TorontoDoc "W"onderful stay!
We stayed at the W Barcelona in June 2014 as part of a family holiday in Barcelona. Though we have stayed at other W hotels before, this time was different because it was the first time we traveled with our baby daughter (only 5 months old)!
Overall, we loved our experience. It was truly memorable, and staying at the W definitely was a high point of our Barcelona trip.
Positives for this hotel:
1. Incredible architectural landmark, shaped like a giant glass sailboat
2. Excellent service from the W Insider concierge desk (thanks Nuria and Shane)!
3. Food and beverage was high quality with great service overall. The breakfast buffet was excellent, and this hotel achieved (in our opinion) a world record for fastest room service, despite being at full capacity!
4. Views from the room were INCREDIBLE. We received an upgrade to a Cool Corner suite which was ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. There was a view over the Barceloneta beach and the city from the sitting room, and a pristine quiet view over the Mediterranean Sea from the bedroom.
5. Bliss Spa provided excellent service and was a great quiet place to relax.
6. Even though many will view the W brand as being for young people looking for a party, we still thought it was a great experience with baby in tow. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. Of course, we couldn't go to the rooftop bar "Eclipse", nor attend the famous weekly pool parties... but the vibe of the hotel is modern, sleek, and sophisticated and there are plenty of quiet spots to enjoy family time.
A few minuses:
1. Location, while great for the beach, is not very convenient for touring the city landmarks such as Sagrada Familia, etc. We stayed at a different hotel as a home base for city tours (Le Meridien Barcelona, also an excellent hotel).
2. The pool and deck is tiny compared to the size of the hotel - would be better if it were bigger.
3. The first room we checked into (Mega Room) looked a little tired - a couple of carpet stains, strange odor in the room
4. One morning we arrived for the breakfast buffet just a few mins before closing time. The curtains to the buffet area were still open. Once we were seated at our table, the staff closed the curtains to the buffet and we were firmly told it was closed. We had to order a la carte from a quite limited breakfast menu. This was disappointing, and seemed unaccommodating given that the buffet was open when we arrived.
5. The check-in process was a bit slow, and the front desk was chaotic - likely because the hotel was very busy when we visited. The staff appeared to be doing their best to handle the crowd though.
While there were a few tiny minuses, overall our experience was so "W"onderful that I would still rate it 5 stars. This is our favourite W hotel in the world, second only to W Hong Kong.
August 10, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by DC1989 Great rooms, small pool area, close to beach, a little far from town
This is a great accomodation for someone looking for a very nice room and upscale accomodations. The food was okay, but not great. The pool area ia quite small--should have a separate area for children. Elevators didn't run frequently enough, spent a lot of time waiting for the elevator. Hotel was located close to the beach, which was great, but far from the center of town and many of the clubs. Hotel staff was extremely helpful and nice. Also, very disappointing that free WIFI wasn't included. You only receive 2 hours of WIFI for your entire stay. And then there is no reception in the rooms, so you are forced to go to the lobby or pool if you want to communicate with anyone.
August 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Juanitomex Wonderful experience!
I had an amacing experience staying at W Barcelona. Thank you very much to all staff.
August 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mike1690 The best experience
I would like to express how happy and satisfied both my partner and I are with the impecable service we received while staying with you! We checked in on the 3rd August 2014 for 3 nights and checked out on the 6th August 2014. From even before our arrival, I called the hotel reception to confimr my booking and was spoken to very politeley and assured that everything was in order. Upon arrival, we were promptly greeted by the doorman at our taxi, who walked us to the reception and even took our bags. Once at check-in, we were met by a very polite and enthusiastic gentleman named Max (great personality) who gave us all the info we neded for our stay. He also infomed us that he was able to find us a room on a high floor with a lovely view of the water. Once in the room, we were absolutely astonished by the design and all the facilities available. A few other members of your staff really made our stay pleasant namely Francesco from the poolbar, Martin from the Wet bar, Luis from the beach bar as well as Julian from the wet bar. It goes without saying that these particular people were excellent to say the least and certainly made a difference in our experience. Both my partner and I work in the hospotality industry for a 5 star luxury brand (in Abu Dhabi & Geneva) and were amazed at how consistant the service level was from the start to the finish. I would like to thank all the people mentioned above for making our stay memorable ans well as the entire team at the W Barcelona and we will make it a point to share the positive review and definiteley stay there again! Michael Omumbwa & Caroline Vanat
August 7, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by CMET2014 Disappointment in Barcelona
The day we arrived at the hotel there was a long queue at the reception and everything took a long time. It seems they use students on internship for cheap staffing. They were rather inexperienced and could not meet the guest expectations. This is not good enough for this class of hotel.
August 13, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by na123445 well done
great hotel, only couple things. The AC is not cold enough in the rooms. The spa could have been bigger as well.
Not having complementary WIFI in the rooms was very disappointing. The worse thing about the hotel.
Overall, great stay...
August 11, 2014