Rated 5 out of 5 by Cooks Extremely accommodating!
I wanted to stay downtown but felt unsure about bringing my 3-year-old to such a nice hotel. The staff was fantastic! They made me and my little guy feel comfortable at check-in, valet, and all over the hotel.
The room was comfortable and had everything we needed to have a great night in Austin.
I cannot thank the staff enough for being so accommodating and kid-friendly!
October 17, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Leigh3G W Austin WOW's ATX
Great Location, Wonderful Food, Wonderful Stay.. Perfect location for visitors and locals alike. Exceeds expectations. Walk to lake, walk to ACL, walk Congress and to the capital. Food is superb, staff is amazing. Relax in the Living Room or at Trace. The outdoor patio at Trace provides a perfect stop for fun with friends, family, co-workers. Secret is, I even enjoy sneaking off and going by myself sometimes. They always make me feel welcome and comfortable. Thank you W ATX.
September 16, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by Twoods304 Stank sheets, Below average valet
We stood next to my car waiting patiently as 3 Valets were drooling over a Maserati instead of parking us. I know a Ford Fusion isn't as fancy but I'd like to think I deserve service as well. A young lady appeared from a stairway and came straight over to offer help. One of the first guys saw her coming and tried to cut her off, but I made sure the young lady got her tip. Wish I got her name. Aaron inside was great, we had plans to go out but his love for the secret bar made us wanna stay. The front desk people weren't bad, I asked what channel the game UT game was on, no one knew but what's bad is no one thought to say "it's playing on the wall in the room behind you" to a first timer, but again, Aaron helped us out with that. Worse thing abt the hotel was the blankets stank like underarm. Pillows smelled fine, but the blanket and sheets were no good. Fun quick trip, the secret bar made up for the valet but it was rough falling asleep. Feels like it may have been a one off, but that's a lot of money to spend for an average experience.
September 11, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by PacemakerMK Great Weekend Getaway Option
Excellent option for a weekend getaway from Houston or Dallas with an ideal location right by Lady Bird Lake. The staff was super helpful with recommendations for new brunch spots as well as assisting us with kayak rentals. The pool excellent with a great view of the skyline and an adult vibe to it with the drinks and music. Would definitely return!
September 1, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hgreen Great stay
Couldn't be happier with the staff
August 30, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by DisappointedBizTraveler Horrible Customer Service
I stayed at the W Austin with my wife for a business conference. During our stay we encountered 6 different times the customer service of the hotel was far below expectations:
1. When we first arrived to the hotel they did not have our room ready. It was early so I was not surprised nor upset about this. The front desk said it should be ready shortly because the room was vacant and just needed to be cleaned. They said they would text me when it was ready so we headed over to the conference. Over 4 hours later we received a text our room was ready. If this was the only thing that had happened I would have ignored the fact it took them so long to get our room ready because we were at a conference and it really did not matter.
2. When we returned to the hotel and checked into our room our bags were not there. We were told they would be waiting in our room when we returned and since it was over 3 hours since we were told our room was ready, we figured they would have had enough time to get our bags up to our room. We had to call down and have them bring up our bags.
3. That night, we went down stairs to grab a cab for dinner and was told by the valet that he would grab one. 15 minutes later a cab showed up and another valet let another guest (who just walked out the door) grab the cab. After waiting another 5 minutes for another cab we decide to walk because we were already late for our dinner reservations.
4. We had a very tight schedule in the morning so we opted for breakfast in the room and placed the order the night before. They showed up 10 minutes late with our breakfast and we had to grab what we could as we could not be late for the conference.
5. With the experience we had the night before I called down ahead of time to the valet for a cab. I was rudely told they could not call cabs and I would have to come down and wait for one. We arrived downstairs and I asked the valet to call a cab. It took 10 minutes and believe it or not, they allowed another guest to get into our cab. Luckily they had one pull in right behind the first cab after a minute and we jumped into that one.
6. To cap off the horrible experience we have had with the staff, before we checked out and while we were packing up our bags a man entered our room to service our mini-bar. There was no knock on the door, he just came in. My wife and I were not dressed and the whole experience was humiliating and unacceptable.
I can handle a few of these things happening without warranting a bad review. Unfortunately, when you string all 6 together it is impossible to stay quiet about it. The hotel itself was up to par, it was just the staff that left something to be desired.
We are Starwood Gold members andw e do not mind paying extra for better service. We were so disappointed in the overall experience I do not think we will ever stay at another W.
August 13, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by shahariar great hotel great location for business and fun places
must stay if you plan to stay in downtown
August 11, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Boushae77 Great Staff
The staff was great! The room was cozy.
August 10, 2016