Rated 4 out of 5 by jmgm this hotel has great employees
The employees went out of their way to ensure a great stay. Free drink vouchers when the room wasn't ready even though they have a 3:00 check-in and it was only 1:00.
February 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by mher77 Great Experince
W NY is a fantastic and modern hotel, very well located
January 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ll99 Wonderful stay in NYC
The W hotel Lexington not only met all of or expectations but exceeded them. The staff is phenomenal. The only annoyance was that internet access was not included.
August 13, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by AlexLilly Wife's Birthday Weekend
Great location for a romantic weekend my wife's 30th birthday
January 14, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Catherine26 Great NYC hotel!
It was my second time staying at this hotel and my stay exceeded my expectations again! Great location, great service, great rooms and a great vibe in the hotel!
February 4, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Court42 Meeting in New York
The W Hotel on Lexington Ave. was awesome Hotel staff excellent. Front desk at check in truly wonderful. Great Hotel for Dinner and cocktails,
September 3, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by MammothMinky Central Location
Easy to get to, central in location, next to east-side subway line
Rooms a bit small, but hey, who is in their room in NYC
December 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Vitof My Place
I stay here whenever I travel to Manhattan, Staff is great, location is great. The staff really go out of there way to make my stays easy and comfortable.
November 1, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joey5 Great Location
This hotel is in a great location. Walking distance to Time Square and Rockefeller Center. Nice and friendly staff! Will definetly stay here again.
December 29, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Dave80 Disappointing for a W
The location is great, but other than that, the hotel rooms and service we disappointing for the W brand.
December 9, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by hendrix0316 Excellent location
Despite the relatively small rooms, I like like this W property. The location is excellent for my purposes....and Equinox is on a few blocks away.
May 28, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by michele Good location but dissappointing W experience
The room&bathroom were very small, smelled and noisy heating system. Room service breakfast was skimpy. We will never stay at this location again.
January 28, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Dothy82 Great Stay in the Big Apple started at W New York
Very well located hotel, clean and nice room, excellent bedding, great space in the room. Only warning was the noise I got from Lexington Avenue.
November 28, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by hifiguy Not so great room!
great location close to everything in Mid-Town. Staff very helpful and attentive but the room was a outage stamp and bathroom was old and dated.
December 28, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by mjg20606 Interesting Hotel
Room is small, without a comfortable chair
Tried to get Brunch or Lunch on Sunday. No available restaurant in hotel, although many are close by
May 9, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by E8N14 Semper Fi
Great base camp on the quarterly visits to my home town !
Nothing more to say, but keep up the good work.
See you soon...
May 2, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by LeighHK it damages W Hotel's brand name
I cannot believe it is a W Hotel. It is the worst SPG hotel I ever stayed. I tried W hotels in Taipei, Hong Kong, Singapore and D.C.. All of them are very impressive. I really cannot believe W Hotel New York is apart of the chain.
Service: 1. The bellboy left my luggage in the middle of sidewalk of the street. Fortunately, nobody took it. 2. There was a yellow rubber glove in my bath. When I reported the issue, there was no apologize and simply told me to throw it away. 3. The bed sheet does not even cover the mattress; therefore, it moves with me when I turn over in bed. 4. No slippers in the room. I asked for a pair and got it one hour later.
Facilities 1. Very old decoration with a very poor maintainance. 2. The air conditioner is so loud that I have to turn it off when I go to bed. 3. Shower Faucet's handle dropped off when I touched it. 4. The so-call "Suite" just put a small sofa in the middle of room randomly. Maybe it is a part of the design. The room totally re-defined the word suite in my dictionary. 5. The closet's door and clapboard are broken. I fixed the boor myself to turn off the closet light but cannot help on the clapboard.
August 13, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by BDB123 Comfortable NY Midtown
Comfortable, well-manged hotel
January 15, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Gal13 This hotel has great features
Love the services, the rooms are a little bite small if you compare to another W hotel wireworld, also love the bliss stuff for the bathroom
October 17, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by amolavi Pick Another NYC Property
Just Finish Two Night Stay
Cash Prepaid Rate (20% Off).. Applied Suite Night Awards that was confirmed for a Fantastic Suite.
Arrived... Welcome Desk was Swamped... clearly not staffed for the two weddings that they had booked at the hotel. (I know there were two different wedding based on the piles of welcome favors behind the desk)
Welcome Desk put us in a room that was clearly not a Fantastic Suite. Was a Studio Suite in every way. Called the Front Desk... was told that i was wrong (always a great way to talk to customers). Asked to be moved to a Fantastic Suite... moved to another room that still was not a Fantastic Suite.
So clearly room management and welcome desk sucked hard.
Had cocktails and snacks in the Living Room (2X) everyone was lovely.
Plat Breakfast in Living Room was great... staff again was lovely.
Needed extra towels and the such... housekeeping staff was lovely.
Here's a thought. Retrain (or fire) the Welcome Desk, promote everyone else and start a new.
Management sent a bottle of wine to the room after they found out it was my 500th night. lovely gesture. would have preferred to have gotten the room i was booked in.
June 9, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Weirdice Starwood member unhappy with Sevice
Bad experience with the wait staff at Whisky Blue. Nothing wrong with actual hotel stay. Wait staff needs training in customer service.
July 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by thecherub88 gold star!
love everything about this place: location, the people (including staff), the rooms and much much more! my favorite w, without peers!
January 23, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Hairqueen1 Hotel lacks communication
I am not impressed with the lack of Comunication and follow through!o had some serious problems and they were totally minimized !
February 10, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Stephanie444 Disorganized
Out of everything, long waits, bad service
January 4, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by biztraveler this hotel offers compact rooms
there is not much open floor space in the rooms. the bathroom was tired looking and did not smell clean. towels were tattered.
January 25, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by magicman ???
Excellent hotel--excellent service-loved my room-hope to be able to specify it in the future.
November 19, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by kmbw love all but the fitness center...
Good hotel, nice sized rooms for new york, good location.... I just wish the TVs in the fitness center would be fixed!
August 14, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by FriendlySPG Dissapointed !!!!!!!!!!!!
I had high expectations for the hotel, but so many things were off. To name a few:
• This is not a hotel for guests who have become accustomed to world class service.
• Check In: When I checked in the front desk was less than friendly. People seemed tired and grumpy. It took me 15-20 minutes to check in. I asked for a quite room away from the construction. I was given a room on the 5th floor directly over the construction.
• The Room: When I checked into the room it was obvious someone had been smoking and tried to cover it up with a perfume or cleaning solution. I called the front desk and they dealt with the situation admirably and moved me to one of the higher floors. This exacerbated my frustration because I don’t understand why they didn’t give me this room to begin with at check-in. It is exactly what I requested. The woman at check-in completely and grumpily ignored my request.
• Construction: The hotel was under construction on the 48th street side. This should have been noted in my reservation. I had no idea I was walking into a construction zone. Half of the bar area was closed due to this construction and in generally it was noisy.
• Elevators: The elevators require your room key to operate. This is a great security feature when the elevators actually recognize your room keys. It took multiple tries to get the elevator to recognize my key. In some cases I had to switch elevators. This was not isolated to me and all guests experienced the same thing. I spent several minutes with other frustrated guests trying to get the elevators to work. It became a laughable experience with several guests crammed into an elevator passing cards from front to back trying to find one that worked. This became increasingly frustrating when I spent a ride to my floor with a bellman and he expressed his frustration and shared that “ we’ve been complaining for some time with no support from the hotel to fix.”
• Nitpicky I know, but it snowed one night and I stayed in, got take out and planned to watch a movie. Due to the construction the movie kept freezing. I called guest services. No answer. I took a video on my I phone and went to show the front desk to have the charge removed. After waiting in line for 15 minutes to speak to the front desk, I left and ate the charge.
• On the positive side, the work out facility was great.
• In general, there was a lack of customer service. The staff was flippant and grumpy(minus the gang at breakfast. They were very chipper and welcoming). And, the hotel was a noisy, clumsy mess.
• Very frustrating and I could never, in good faith, suggest this hotel to anyone. Let alone other SPG platinum members.
March 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Grayghost829 Customer service to the MAX
some of the best customer service around. great atmosphere and location can't be beat. Will be back without question.
August 18, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by CarlD Nice hotel but noisy mechanical system
The Air handler was the noisiest I've ever experienced in a hotel. It was difficult. The hotel and staff were great
February 18, 2013