Rated 4 out of 5 Bad luck morning!
We stayed 2 nights on a Thursday and Friday night. Everything was great until Friday morning. Apparently my floor had a new maid, because at 7am, I was awoken to slamming doors. It had to be every 20-30 seconds, for over 30 minutes. The manager said she would comp my 7000 points I used for ther night....over a month later......no points added to my account.
May 20, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by skylightUSA Best Guest Services Ever!
Everybody at this location deserves a shout out! great costumer service. Makes me feel like home.
May 20, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by skylightUSA Great Location
Great hotel, i have been staying here for a few weeks in a roll now and i must say, the staff deserves a big shout out! Very friendly and willing to help with anything you need. I have perhaps found my best place in town to stay.
May 20, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by KhaliaB For What I Paid - Not a Bad Place
I got this room on the cheap; I'm happy with my experience for what I paid. I will start with the positives.
1. We stayed on the second floor, the same floor as the bar. This is a great choice. The doors that separate the bar from the hallway of rooms must be sound reducing. There was a Salsa party going on and I didn't hear a thing in my room.
2. The beds were super comfy.
3. We were walking distance from a bunch of restaurants and a Whole Foods (!!).
Here come the cons:
1. Upon check in I tell the check in clerk I'm signed up for SPG Crossover rewards as a Delta Platinum Medallion. She looked at me like I have two heads.
2. During that same check in I was fortunate enough to listen to a member of the cleaning staff complain about 'havin to clean ten more rooms.'
3. When i first walk into the room, I was generally impressed. Then I took a look around.
- The entryway carpet is different from the carpet in the rest of room. It's cheap and reminds me of the carpet in my Grandma's assisted living home in the 90's. Furthermore, the entry carpet is thinner than the rest of the room and as a result the thicker carpet is torn where people have scuffed their shoes.
- The walls were terribly scuffed. No one's fault, but how much trouble for the cleaning staff to run a damp rag over the walls?
- The vanity walls and bathroom are wallpapered. At some point the ceiling was repainted. The blue painter's tape is still on the wall between the wallpaper and ceiling. What's worse, there is a TON of paint splattered on the wallpaper. So much it looks like it's on purpose.
- The fancy new wallpaper in the vanity area is ripped. It's ripped In a place that isn't in a high traffic area; probably done by by the same people who left the painter's tape behind.
- The door to the hotel room is very heavy. Which would be a good thing. But, there is about a 5 inch gap between the door and the floor. This allows you to hear every heavy door in the hallway slam. Luckily our floor didn't seem too crowded and the slamming stopped at a reasonable hour.
- I had a headache and went to the front desk to buy some Motrin. All of the toiletries were locked behind a glass case. The one key to open this case was broken and there was ZERO effort made to find another,
- My "welcome gift" was free continental breakfast in the morning. No one at the front desk knew how to define a continental breakfast. I took two muffins and two OJ's and they seemed ok with that.
- $9 for a weak mojito isn't cool.
I really did have a great night of sleep. I didn't love the hotel; the lack of attention to detail made me scoff a few times that night. If you can get this room for less than 3 figures, go for it.
May 10, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by LQA2012 great quality and location for point redemption
nice clean hotel in great location with restaurants within walking distance. Great point exchange for what you get.
April 13, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by LoveW2 Nice Hotel
1) You CAN"T control the heat. I'm anemic and require that my thermostat is at least set to 76. This place keeps the room temp at 68 degrees. I had to go to the front desk to get them to turn up the heat to what they said was 84 (but it felt like 72). The Lobby was so cold that it felt like it didn't have windows . This place must really be trying to save on their electric bill.
2) The toilets don't flush well.
3) There was this strange beeping sound. Almost, like the sound when the battery in your smoke detector was dying.
Otherwise, this was a great stay!
February 16, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by frosthm Don't stay here if you want sleep
Well, it is 12:28am and I am currently staying at this hotel which is proving to be a big mistake. Why am I not asleep? Well, maybe it is listening to the intoxicated guy in the room next to me vomiting profusely which I can hear in great detail because the walls are paper thin. To give the guy credit, when he was obnoxiously loud (for paper thin walls) earlier in the night, my husband went and asked him if he could keep it down. He was an amenable drunk and called the front desk to see if he could switch rooms because, according to him - he is a loud guy. The front desk denied his request for whatever reason leaving those in rooms around him to enjoy this racket all night. Or, maybe it is because of all the intoxicated people filtering in and out of the restaurant/bar underneath this hotel (it starts on the 2nd story). Or the incessant horns beeping outside it. Seriously, who beeps their horn in patterns of two every five seconds. Multiple people apparently. Is this a Richmond thing? Or, maybe it is because the mini-fridge fan in my room kicked on and while it welcomely drowns out all the other unpleasantries, it sounds like a prop plane took off and is flying steady and loud in here. I am so miserable and exhausted. Yet sleep is looking like a complete fantasy right now. I even considered grabbing a blanket and going to sleep in the lobby. But there is not one to spare, so I am trapped in the nightmare that is my room. Worse yet, there is one night left for me to stay here after this. Save me!
February 13, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Slwr Horrible Experience
We checked in at 10:30 and there was a party at the bar. Unfortunately, the reception desk is located at the same area. It was so loud that we could hardly hear the woman at the desk nor could she hear us. She assured us we would have a quiet room and she would locate us far away from the noise. We tried to make the room work, but could hear the bass from the band and the music. Tried to call the front desk ... No answer. Tried to call the main number ... No answer. Had to go to front desk. First woman had left. New guy was nice and apologetic but again it was so loud that we could hardly hear each other. He told us she had not moved us to a quieter area. He told us he would move us to a quieter room. He did deliver but we had to repack and move ourselves. We have never experienced such at a Starwood property. We could hear the music/noise from the garage. It is difficult to describe how awful everything was. There was no recognition of our spg membership. Also, spg did request a review and we provided one. No one at the hotel or spg ever recognized our concerns. Will never stay at this hotel again. The room was ok ... Nothing great.
December 30, 2014