Rated 2 out of 5 by VAPlanner Would not stay here again
While the staff of the hotel were friendly and helpful, we would not stay here again because:
1. While we were swimming in the hotel pool, another guest pulled down their swimming suit and urinated in the pool.
2. The party in the lobby lasted until 11PM, so in our 3rd floor room, the booming bass didn't stop until then, making sleep or rest difficult.
3. The bathroom door wouldn't stay shut.
4. The refridgerator was so loud, it sounded like there was heavy machinery being operated in the hallway.
5. And the final straw...a wake up call at 5 AM that we didn't set.
We were so glad to leave--it was not a nice or peaceful getaway at all.
February 4, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Alexander29 Worst Experience at a Hotel Ever
First of all let me summarize this bad experience the most objective way:
1. I booked this hotel for 4 nights from december 31st 2014 to january 4th 2015, It was supposed to be a nice trip were i could enjoyed a nice stay along with my wife, It was the opposite thanks to the staff of this hotel, the customer service of expedia and SPG hotels customer service. I was supposed to arrive at the hotel on the 31st of december, but because of a problem while traveling from Miami and not having charge on my cellphone I couldn't contact the staff to let them know about my delay, note that I never cancelled my booking which was prepaid and "non refundable" when "cancelled. anyways, I got to the hotel on january 1st 2015 at 10am (note checkout is at 12pm, I understand I'm still in my first booked day) but for my surprise, the staff at the hotel, a Young Obviously part timer, told me that my booking was cancelled and even told me they gave my room to another person because I wasn't going to check in for my room (It seems he can forsee the future). I called expedia and explained my situation, and "Dan" after putting me on hold several times Hang up on me.
The parttimer told me that the manager won't come that day and would come the following day so he could not do anything but offer me another room. It was a long trip and we were tired, so pay for a room we have already paid for, the room was just okay, the quilt had a Hole which I took a picture of, the mirror was broken, and the part timer front desk person told me they know it was broken and they are trying to fix it. That Night, the "Manager" arrived to the hotel, Ashley, told me that she understand my point, canceling my reservation, not refunding, not letting me stay at the room that I already paid and asking me to pay if I want to stay there one night, She understood all that but she can't issue any refund or even allow Expedia to refund me. I understand I booked this hotel through expedia but even though I did, the hotel should respond to the customers and try to fix the problems the best way. I feel the hotel staff is not trained well enough and they give the feeling of being part timers, one of them even said to my wife during the breakfast, that she didn't care if she takes what she wants. The hotel should train the staff to be more polite.
Other point is that the Manager Ashley, said they were having a "small party" over there, and the counter was full of pizza and other food, In a hotel that pretends to be modern and "high end" things like that shouldn't be allowed, I think the quality control and Operations of the hotel are not well guided.
I would not recommend anyone of my friends to visit this Hotel, Staff is not polite, not problem solving oriented, the furniture at the room even it's modern and well designed it's not being taken care of, and probably in couple years or so if everything continues like this, will be a low star very low budget kind of hotel and the hotel is so far from anywhere, going to DC will cost you $8 to $10 in tolls and 45 minutes or 60 -75 minutes with no tolls each way.
January 15, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by GreenLakeMer Financial trouble?
This was probably my least positive SPG experience. I got a sense the hotel is perhaps going out of business and is just running through remaining inventory... of the dozen or so bar menu items, only 4 were available; some of the bottles on the bar shelves were sitting there empty (another patron ordered crown & coke and was told there was no crown royal... bottle was visible on the bar, but apparently empty... ). Room did not have bar soap, and only decaf coffee. Hoped that would be addressed on Day 2, but only the cup was replaced.. not coffee or creamer.
Last, the guys in the room next door attempted to force open the adjoining door at 3am (not the hotel's fault). I later asked if they were checking out that day (otherwise wanted to be moved)... the desk clerk said yes, and was apologetic about the event (good)... offered me starpoints for my inconvenience (also nice), but then the points were not posted to my account.
So.. if this property isn't scheduled to close, I hope Management will take steps to bring the hotel back up to standards. I've stayed at other Aloft hotels (as well as other SPG brands) and they were superior experiences.
February 11, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by rim5670 This hotel has terrible management
Beds made with short top sheets. One bed had blood stain on top sheet. No cups left in room. No regular coffee in room. Knock on door at 8:30 am from house cleaning? Had to carry ice from 1st floor in bags? Food and drinks way over priced.
September 8, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Reviewer911 Bad Example
The hotel has potential. In other areas Aloft may be totally different. Dulles needs work. The facility is showing wear - furniture chips, carpet loose in hallways all need attention. Bar was not kept stocked as it should and the hours were a mystery. Staff looked like someone coming off the street - jeans, sweatshirts....totally unprofessional and the worst I have ever seen worldwide. The front desk person on Saturday night needs to be terminated. Unprofessional is an understatement. She refused to contact the manager, answer any questions and was rude.
September 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by apmathew WHAT A GREAT HOTEL
I really enjoyed my 2 day stay at this hotel. I was traveling to Maine and I stayed in some really bad places. This was a breathe of fresh air. The staff was great and friendly. The rooms were just "Wow". I will definitely stay here next time when I travel up north. You can't go wrong.
June 24, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Mir0723 Showing Signs of Age
Checked into this hotel for just one night. The first room we were given smelled terrible so I asked for another room. Unfortunately, the phones were all down so this required me walking down to reception. The place looks like it needs to be fixed up a little. There are marks on the walls & things are looking very worn. The beds were a little uncomfortable & hard.
November 10, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Peter11 Dirty sheets
Arried late around 9:15pm. One person tending to both the bar and check in, 15 minute wait to check in.
Comforter on bed had what appeared to be small blood stain. Made me doubt overall cleanliness of the room.
May 25, 2012