Rated 4 out of 5 by Stanmsia Hotel that meets overall expectations
3rd Stay with Aloft Bangkok.
Beautiful hotel with fantastic staffs
Keep up the good work.
May 19, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by FarangEddy Fantastic location
Can't beat the location if you enjoy a vibrant area with nightlife within walking distance. The only thing missing is a room selection with a bathtub .
May 18, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by GusPm So so
Breakfast was good. Once I check-In,Front Staff do not give the impression when I am check in.She always talk with her friends along I’m waiting her check the room. And She did not inform about the breakfast. After I entering the room I called and asked the staff at Front again with the same staff. I asked about my booking had included breakfast yet?. She responded that “Yes” and I have to ask her again “Where is the breakfast in this hotel”. At the time on the call, she continue to talk with her friends also. I heard while I was with the call. I felt disrespectful to the customer and the information is not complete.
The staff Tuk Tuk is lovely service. Staff at the restaurant Crave was good service too. Swimming is very small and crowded.
May 18, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Seat77A I want to like this hotel more than I am currently able.
This is a stylish hotel in the center of the popular Suk 11 area. It's gunning for a younger audience.
I've stayed here numerous times this year and will be back shortly. The hotel NEARLY meets my expectations but there is definitely room for improvement. Here are specific issues I encountered as a road warrior business traveler.
1. The desks have power panels with multiple outlets, USB charging, HDMI etc. This is great if you have lots of things you need plugged in. In many of the rooms I stayed in, the outlets at the desk did not charge, were broken and plated over, or so loose that no wall warts would stay plugged in. I don't understand the point in taking the time to plate over a broken outlet - just fix it. Same goes for the outlets by the bedside. While I appreciate having plentiful and convenient outlets, if they don't work you still end up charging things in the bathroom, from behind the sofa, etc, etc. I'd recommend a systematic testing of all outlets in the guest rooms. I must have found 30 so far that were inoperable. As for plugging my phone into an unknown USB port: not happening! You should probably think twice before you do that. Just sayin'.
2. I used the wired internet for a little bit. There are some nefarious things happening on the LAN and there are likely compromised hosts. Exercise caution.
3. The chairs at the desks are too low. This is nitpicking a little. But when I'm on the road, I might be coding or writing manuscripts for 8 hours at my desk. I need a desk with proper height. Many of the desk chairs are too low and do not raise to sufficient height to work comfortably at the desk. Pillows work but not ideal.
4. Many of the rooms have a musty smell. It may be time for thorough AC cleaning.
5.The staff is fun and friendly and fit the vibe of the place. I did have some issues with SPG that the staff was unable to resolve despite multiple requests so now must deal with later. Invoices didn't accurately reflect payments which is annoying for accounting reasons after the fact. I wasn't always offered a paper folio which I normally grab for my accountant.
6. Room service is incredibly inflexible. Nothing off the menu. At all. Period. Which is odd since you can walk into almost any restaurant in Thailand and ask them to make whatever you want, falang or thai! I was a little bit surprised by that.
In short, if you're on the younger side of 40, you'll probably like the Aloft. In it's current incarnation, it isn't perfect for business travelers working from the road and in their room. For example, the stability and security of their internet is problematic for VOIP or when you need stable terminal sessions. And the extent of broken power outlets leads to the outlet shuffle and distributing your gear all over the room.
May 14, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by HKExpat Good Room, Poor (Nightclub) Staff
Overall check-in experience was efficient and SPG membership was recogised.
The room was a pleasant surprise. We had a 2 double bed room and with the long narrow footprint of the hotel the room layout was turned 90deg from that found in most hotels such that the room had 2 windows with the 2 beds each facing their own window, which allowed plenty of light. The bathroom area was behind the main room and elongated with a double sink / wardrobe area leading to the wc / shower area, separated by a sliding door.
The coffee machine was a nice touch, though a single pack of coffee for the machine and no other instant sachets limited the overall quantity available.
Breakfast had a good range of sections, though the choice was maybe a little limited in some sections. However, for a stay of a couple of days this was not a problem.
The let down came from one of the suited nightclub staff. As my (Thai) wife and myself walked up to the hotel entrance one night, via the car ramp, the staff member walked over away form the nightclub lift and bluntly asked for our room number, with no explanation of why they were asking. Given that we were dressed in shorts, t-shirts and sandals, unlike those entering the hotel in front and behind us from the direction of the nightclub lift and not the car ramp, the reply that nightclub guests were not allowed in the hotel did not seem truthful. Even if true, a polite request as to whether we were hotel guests would have been more appropriate, along with a further polite request to ask for verification by provision of a hotel key card / confirmation at the check-in desk if considered necessary.
May 10, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by hoser best aloft of all alofts
Yep, at Aloft you're just another platinum, but at least they have priority checkin and they give you some free coffee+beverage chits. Rooms are super clean, air conditioning works amazingly. Gym and pool are great too. Location is incredible, and the nightclub they have here is also a tonna fun. Great for short stays where I don't want or expect a suite upgrade. Front desk manager even chats me up from time to time, this is a very well run property.
May 10, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by des51 Nice Hotel
the lady that clean my room do a good job, fast and clean,
May 7, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by ken73 Good value hotel
This for great service esp Khun Paul
May 6, 2015