Overlooking Charlotte Harbor, Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside is situated on Southwest Florida’s Gulf Coast between Tampa and Naples, and convenient to three major airports.
Just steps from the hotel, the palm tree-lined cobbled streets of Punta Gorda offer an open snapshot of the boating town’s rich past via outdoor murals, trolley tours, and museums. Restored period homes and vintage streetlights add to the genuine atmosphere, as do the occasional flea market and antique fair. Boutiques, art galleries, and restaurants along the marina and at Fisherman’s Village invite visitors to relax, refuel, and experience the area’s easy charm.
Bask in the coast’s comfortable year-round sub-tropic climate while exploring Punta Gorda’s pristine beaches and natural preserves. A celebrated eco-tourism destination and Florida’s second largest open-water estuary, Charlotte Harbor is home to a number of endangered species, including the Florida panther, American crocodile, and Loggerhead Sea Turtle. Nearby parks, trails, and bike paths invite visitors to take in the sites, stopping for a picnic along the way.
Named one of the “10 Greatest Places to Sail in the United States” by SAIL magazine, the harbor’s serene coves and bays offer plenty of opportunities for kayaking, snorkeling, chartering a fishing boat, or joining a sunset cruise. Directly across from the hotel, Laishley Marina provides a handy place for guests to dock and launch their boats—and stock up on maritime supplies.
Back on land, the area’s golf courses have led Golf Digest to crown Charlotte Harbor and the Gulf Islands the “Third Best Place to Live and Play Golf in America.” Additionally, sports lovers can play the fan at a Tampa Bay Rays spring training baseball game. A destination for both business and pleasure, Punta Gorda holds hidden treasures for all to find and enjoy.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Visual Arts Center 1.6 km/1.0 miles
- Military Heritage & Aviation Museum 3.2 km/2.0 miles
- Charlotte Harbor Event & Conference Center 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Charlotte Regional Medical Center 3.2 km/2.0 miles
- Fish Cove Adventure Golf 1.6 km/1.0 miles
- Port Charlotte Golf Club 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Deep Creek Golf Club 11.3 km/7.0 miles
- The Preserve Golf and Racquet Club 11.3 km/7.0 miles
- Riverwood Golf Club 20.9 km/13.0 miles
- Rotonda Golf & Country Club 38.6 km/24.0 miles
- Fisherman's Village 3.2 km/2.0 miles
- Babcock Wilderness Adventure 34.0 km/21.1 miles
- Laishley Park Municipal Marina 0.1 km/0.1 miles