Nestled at the foothills of the Nilgiri Mountains, along the banks of the river Noyyal, Coimbatore—also known as Kovai—is surrounded by lush forests and the Western Ghats mountain range. The “Manchester of South India,” Coimbatore is Tamil Nadu’s second largest city and one of India’s fastest growing metropolises. In the middle of it all, Le Méridien Coimbatore, strategically located near major businesses and a new IT park, offers a perfectly orchestrated escape from the urban pace. Additionally, Coimbatore International Airport (CJB) is just a ten-minute drive away.
Steeped in history, Coimbatore provides endless unique cultural experiences and sights, including the iconic Marudhamalai Temple, which is dedicated to Lord Murugan. Thirumoorthy Temple, meanwhile, is located at the foot of Thirumoorthy Hills beside the Thirumoorthy Dam. Perur Temple, Avinashi Lingeswarar Temple, and Velliyangiri Andavar Temple each offer an intriguing glimpse into the city’s past. For an enriching taste of nature, visit Sengupathi Waterfalls, Monkey Falls, the Siruvani Waterfalls and Dam, and Vaideki Waterfalls—all nearby. Or, observe the myriad elephants, tigers, panthers, civet cats, and birds that dwell in the Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary, one of India’s oldest wildlife sanctuaries. Additionally, the picturesque hill towns of
Ooty, Coonoor, and Kotagiri are less than 100 kilometres away.
Along with ancient attractions, Coimbatore features a cultivated dose of modernity. Renowned as the “Motorsports Capital of India,” the city offers everything from motor and motorcycle racing to Go-Kart and Formula Racing, including a Formula 3 racing circuit. The action continues at Black Thunder. One of Asia’s top theme parks, Black Thunder is just 40 kilometres from the city and home to dozens of exciting rides and exhilarating entertainment.
Discover the best of Kovai at Le Méridien Coimbatore.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Kasthuri Sreenivasan Trust Art Gallery 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Ishayoga 45.0 km/28.0 miles
- KMCH Hospital 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology 7.0 km/4.3 miles
- Codissia Convention Centre 7.0 km/4.3 miles
- KG Hospital 14.0 km/8.7 miles
- Perur Temple 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Bharathiyar University 28.0 km/17.4 miles
- KG Denim 12.0 km/7.5 miles
- Roots 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Bosch 18.0 km/11.2 miles
- Lakshmi Machine Works 18.0 km/11.2 miles
- SP Apparels 28.0 km/17.4 miles
- Pricol 32.0 km/19.9 miles
- Commissioner Office 14.0 km/8.7 miles
- Regional Passport Office 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- Siruvani Water Falls 60.0 km/37.3 miles
- Aliyar Dam 80.0 km/49.7 miles
- Topslip, India 85.0 km/52.8 miles
- Ooty, India 90.0 km/55.9 miles
- Maharaja Water Theme Park 4.0 km/2.5 miles
- Black Thunder Water Theme Park 45.0 km/28.0 miles
- Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary 95.0 km/59.0 miles
- Cross Cut Road Shopping 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- R.S Puram 18.0 km/11.2 miles
- Brookfield Mall 20.0 km/12.4 miles