Le Méridien Ile des Pins
Le Méridien Ile des Pins is nestled on Oro Bay, a natural lagoon protected by a coral reef. The resort enjoys close proximity to Kuto and Kanumera Bays with their stunning beaches, pristine lagoons, indigenous turtles, and vibrant schools of fish. Explore spectacular Upi Bay, where traditional outrigger canoes are ready to transport you through the colourful lagoon. A short 15-minute walk through the forest at Oro Bay leads to a natural grotto in the coral. Take your snorkel gear and dive into the crystal clear water to see the brilliant spectacle of marine life.
The one-hour ascent up Majestic Pic N’Gâ is well worth the effort. At the 262-metre-high peak you will find one of the most breathtaking and picture-worthy views of the island. Hortense Queen Cave is home to dramatic limestone formations—its beautiful entrance lined by delicate ferns. Legend has it that this is where the Kunié Queen was kept in hiding before relinquishing her throne in 1883. A tour of the Vao village market allows you to immerse yourself in Melanesian architecture, while the remains of the penal colony of 1872 offer insight into the local history.
In addition to these delightful excursions, Ile des Pins is known as one of the best diving spots in the world. A diving school close to the resort ensures a safe experience for novices and veteran divers alike.
- Piscina natural Aquamarine 1.0 km/0.6 millas
- Excursión en una canoa hawaiana 5.0 km/3.1 millas
- Centro de buceo 10.0 km/6.2 millas
- Bahía UPI 15.0 km/9.3 millas
- Bahías Kuto 15.0 km/9.3 millas
- Bahía Kanumera 15.0 km/9.3 millas
- Ilot Brosse 20.0 km/12.4 millas
- Escuela y Universidad Vao 15.0 km/9.3 millas
- Community Hospital 15.0 km/9.3 millas
- Comercios en la bahía de Kuto 15.0 km/9.3 millas