Sheraton Samoa Aggie Grey's Resort
Forming part of Polynesia, Samoa is an island nation nestled in the South Pacific. Situated along a 100-metre white sand beach on the large island of Upolu, the Sheraton Samoa Aggie Grey’s Resort is just a five-minute drive from Faleolo International Airport (APW).
On land and at sea, there is plenty to see and do in Samoa. Snorkel or dive at one of Upolu’s or Savaii’s wonderful dive spots to marvel at live coral and hundreds of different species of fish. Charter a boat and spend the day fishing for black or blue marlin, yellow-fin tuna, wahoo, giant trevally, or mahi mahi. Swim with the turtles or partake in numerous water sports. Take a stroll in one of Samoa’s lush national parks to soak in the scenic views and numerous birds. Savaii and Upolu also have spectacular waterfalls, blowholes, caves, and lava fields. Take a bicycle ride to view the Samoan landscapes, or watch a local cricket game known as kilikiti.
Embrace Samoa’s heritage by visiting a local village and attending a kava (root) ceremony. Be sure to see a cultural show of the graceful female siva dance, the fire knife dance, and the men’s slap dance called fa’ataupati. The Robert Louis Stevenson Museum (RLS) is also interesting.
Visit a local market to browse traditional handcrafted woodcarvings, baskets, jewellery, and colourful lava-lava (sarongs). Fiafia nights, with indigenous buffets and entertainment, are not to be missed. Savour delicious seafood, including crawfish, snapper, mahi mahi, octopus, and tuna. Taro, breadfruit, and green bananas are other ingredients often used in Samoan cuisine. Most Samoans cook their food in an earth hot stone oven known as an umu. Local delicacies include palusami (young taro leaves baked in coconut cream) and oka (raw fish in coconut cream).
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Robert Louis Stevenson House and Museum 28.0 km/17.4 miles
- Leleomoega Hospital 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- National University of Samoa 36.0 km/22.4 miles
- Faleata Golf Course 32.0 km/19.9 miles
- Royal Samoan Country Club 40.0 km/24.9 miles
- Casino 0.1 km/0.0 miles
- Palolo Deep Marine Reserve 0.1 km/0.0 miles
- Alofaaga Blowholes 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Afa Aau Waterfalls 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Papaseea Sliding Rock 24.0 km/14.9 miles
- Sopoaga Water Falls 52.0 km/32.3 miles
- To-Sua Ocean Trench 56.0 km/34.8 miles
- Piula Cave Pool 57.0 km/35.4 miles
- Apia, Samoa 36.0 km/22.4 miles
- Lalomanu Beach 87.0 km/54.1 miles
- Apia Markets 36.0 km/22.4 miles
- Faleolo International Airport (APW) 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Fagali'i Domestic Airport (FGI) 40.0 km/24.9 miles