Known as a "Fairyland on Earth," Jiuzhaigou lies within the boundary of Jiuzhaigou County, Aba Prefecture, Sichuan. It is positioned between the southwest margin of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau and at the north foot of Duo'ema Mountain Range, with an average altitude between 2,000 and 3,000 meters. We are about 435 kilometers from Chengdu, the capital city of the Sichuan Province.
We are bordered by 720 square kilometers of scenic beauty and the surrounding conservation reserve covers 600 square kilometers. The weather in every season is pleasant. Connected by roads and bridges, the simple and primitive stockade villages are full of various social customs, providing visitors with delightfully unique experiences.
Pandas and Golden Monkeys, legendary animals of China, inhabit this endowed magic land. An appearance from these national treasures, whether on stream banks or in the woods, will be sure to capture your attention.
To its east, Jiuzhaigou neighbors the Baihe River Nature Reserve and the Wanglang Nature Reserve and to its south is the Huanglong Place of Scenic Interest.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Five Color Lake 1.6 km/1.0 miles
- Nuorliang Waterfall 1.6 km/1.0 miles
- Pearl Waterfalls 1.6 km/1.0 miles
- Jiuzhaigou Valley 1.6 km/1.0 miles
- Fairy Pool 62.8 km/39.0 miles
- Huanglong Nature Reserve 128.8 km/80.0 miles
- Muni Gully Scenic Area 149.7 km/93.0 miles
- Ruoergai 241.4 km/150.0 miles
- Miyaluo Maple Leaf Scenic Area 413.6 km/257.0 miles
- Siguniangshan Mountain Scenic Area 498.9 km/310.0 miles
- Maerkang 531.1 km/330.0 miles
- Wolong Panda Nature Reserve 402.3 km/250.0 miles
- Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport 479.6 km/298.0 miles