Sheraton Sanya Haitang Bay Resort
Renowned as the “Hawaii of the East,” Hainan Island is situated just off the southern coast of China in the South China Sea. As China’s premier resort destination, it offers everything from palm-fringed, long sandy beaches and clear waters to gentle winds, mountains, and an abundance of sunshine. Situated in Sanya on the southern part of the island, the Sheraton Sanya Haitang Bay Resort lies along the striking Haitang Bay, just a 40-minute drive from both downtown and Sanya Phoenix International Airport (SYX). Our complimentary shuttle bus provides regular service to the city centre, where you can visit shopping malls, duty-free shops, and popular restaurants and bars.
At the beach, swim in the sea, collect shells, soak up the sunshine, enjoy a watersport, or join in a game of volleyball. Additionally, an array of unique golf courses are sprinkled throughout the island, with a number of the most prestigious courses located in and around Sanya. About 20 minutes from the resort, Yalong Bay features the 18-hole Yalong Bay Golf Club and the 27-hole Sun Valley Golf Course, which includes a par-6 hole. Relax among nature in the butterfly enclosure at Sanya Butterfly Valley. Located near Longtan Lake, it is home to thousands of rare and beautiful butterflies and an exhibition centre featuring additional insects. Meanwhile, marine life can be found at the Sanya Sea Shell Museum.
Take an excursion to the centre of the island to enjoy an invigorating trek to Hainan’s highest mountain, Wuzhi Mountain, also known as “Five Finger” Mountain. More adventurous travellers enjoy a river raft ride down the rapids at Wanquan River, which runs for 163 kilometres. On the southern part of the island, Tianya Haijiao, meaning “edges of the heaven, corner of the sea,” and Nanshan Culture Tourism Zone are not to be missed. The latter features three theme parks, one of which is dedicated to Buddhist culture. Finally, after a day of activities, re-energise with the city’s renowned fresh seafood, including its famed crab.
We look forward to welcoming you to our tropical paradise at the Sheraton Sanya Haitang Bay Resort.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Haitang Bay Wanda International Cinema 1.8 km/1.1 miles
- People's Hospital of Sanya 30.9 km/19.2 miles
- Nanshan Temple 59.8 km/37.2 miles
- Sanya Tourism Bureau 25.7 km/16.0 miles
- Sanya Yalong Bay Sun Valley Golf Club 13.8 km/8.6 miles
- Hainan Qixianling Golf & Spa 44.3 km/27.5 miles
- Hainan Sanya International Golf Club 52.8 km/32.8 miles
- Kangle Garden Spa and Golf Club 88.1 km/54.8 miles
- Butterfly Valley 12.3 km/7.6 miles
- Yalong Bay 16.0 km/9.9 miles
- End of the Earth 42.1 km/26.2 miles
- Seven Fairy Hot Spring 44.2 km/27.5 miles
- Shimei Bay 55.0 km/34.2 miles
- Jianfengling Tropical Rainforest 106.8 km/66.4 miles
- Wuzhizhou Island Diving Area 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Sanya City 27.0 km/16.8 miles
- Sanya Tropical Paradise Forest Park 14.9 km/9.3 miles
- Crown of Beauty Theatre 24.3 km/15.1 miles
- Nan Wan Monkey Island 26.6 km/16.5 miles
- Luhuitou (Turn-Round Deer) Park 27.1 km/16.8 miles
- West Island Marine Amusement World 39.8 km/24.7 miles
- Sanya Duty-Free Shop 4.4 km/2.7 miles
- Summer Mall 24.9 km/15.5 miles
- Yalong Bay Train Station 12.8 km/7.9 miles
- Sanya Phoenix International Airport (SYX) 34.9 km/21.7 miles