The Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Resort provides an idyllic base to explore the unspoilt natural wonders of the tropical north. Port Douglas is the closest mainland point to the amazing Great Barrier Reef, the largest natural wonder on earth, stretching 2,300 kilometres along the Queensland Coast. Sun-drenched Port Douglas enjoys a warm, tropical climate year-round, with only slight variations in temperature between seasons.
Tropical North Queensland is the only place on earth where two UNESCO World Heritage Sites meet—creating a magical destination. The resort is the perfect base for discovering natural wonders, whether you are strolling along the beach, immersing yourself in regional flora and fauna, or getting a unique view from a whitewater raft.
The Great Barrier Reef covers an area of 345,000 square kilometres and contains more than 2,900 reefs, 600 continental islands, and 300 coral cays. Snorkelling, scuba diving, fishing, and sightseeing are popular activities in the area.
Just 20 minutes north of Port Douglas, the breathtaking Daintree National Park is one of the world’s oldest tropical rainforests. The stunning park is home to the picturesque Daintree River, the majestic Mossman Gorge, awe-inspiring mountains, and the spectacular Cape Tribulation, where the rainforest meets the reef.
From the resort, a five-minute drive or a leisurely stroll along Four Mile Beach brings you to Port Douglas itself, a destination in its own right. The town is always bustling with activity—vibrant nightlife, cafes and restaurants, boutiques and souvenir stores, and the impressive Sunday market. The range of nearby adventure activities includes exhilarating helicopter flights, leisurely horseback rides along the beach, and unforgettable hot air balloon voyages at sunrise.
Visualizzare la Mappa dell’area locale
- Marina Mirage 2.0 km/1.2 miglia
- Punto panoramico dell’isola 3.0 km/1.9 miglia
- Gola di Mossman 20.0 km/12.4 miglia
- Grande barriera corallina 34.0 km/21.1 miglia
- Cabinovia scenografica Skyrail Rainforest Cableway 55.0 km/34.2 miglia
- Attraversamento del fiume Daintree con traghetto 55.0 km/34.2 miglia
- Cape Tribulation 70.0 km/43.5 miglia
- Altipiani di Cairns 70.0 km/43.5 miglia
- Cooktown 270.0 km/167.8 miglia
- Isole basse 30.0 km/18.6 miglia
- Villaggio di Daintree 55.0 km/34.2 miglia
- Spiaggia Four Mile 0.1 km/0.1 miglia
- Parco Rainforest Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary 5.0 km/3.1 miglia
- Teatro della danza aborigena Tjapukai 50.0 km/31.1 miglia
- Mercati di Port Douglas 2.0 km/1.2 miglia
- Mercati di Kuranda 75.0 km/46.6 miglia