Sheraton Luxor Resort
Named “Thebes of the Thousand Gates” by the Greek poet, Homer, Luxor consists of three main areas: the city of Luxor on the east side of the Nile, the town of Karnak just north of Luxor, and Thebes on the west side of the Nile. Luxor has often been called the world’s greatest open-air museum, as indeed it is and much more.
Located in the heart of the city of Luxor, the Temple of Luxor, known as the “southern harem of Amun,” was once the venue for complex liturgical rites.
Karnak was the largest and most impressive religious center in ancient Egypt, with 2,000 years of history. It is a monumental complex and in its center stood the Temple of Amun-Re, the king of the gods.
The Luxor Museum, built along the Nile, is a small, but elegant museum which contains important archaeological finds from the Theban region and some masterpieces of ancient Egyptian art.
Explore the history of Luxor through one of our special “themed nights,” which are held in the one of the Luxor temples or tents. For reservations, please contact the hotel.
Посмотреть карту окрестностей
Arts & Culture
- Mumification Museum 3.1 км/1.9 мили (миль)
- Luxor Museum 5.0 км/3.1 мили (миль)
- Karnak Temple 7.0 км/4.3 мили (миль)
- Luxor Convention Center 6.9 км/4.3 мили (миль)
- Luxor Temple 3.1 км/1.9 мили (миль)
- The Valley of the Kings 13.0 км/8.1 мили (миль)
- The Valley of the Queens 13.0 км/8.1 мили (миль)
- Luxor City Center 3.2 км/2.0 мили (миль)
- Luxor Train Station 3.2 км/2.0 мили (миль)
- Luxor International Airport 11.3 км/7.0 мили (миль)