Hotel Pitrizza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Costa Smeralda
Powered by Foursquare
Offering the most refined of all holiday destinations in Sardinia, the 55-kilometer-long Costa Smeralda—also called Emerald Coast—is located on the Northeast corner of the island renowned for translucent waters, pristine beaches, and a bright Mediterranean climate.
Presently, Sardinia and the Costa Smeralda are part of Italy. In the past, however, they were ruled by the Romans, the Saracens of North Africa, Spain, and Austria—to name only a handful. The result is a rich, layered culture that is reflected in its distinct local traditions, cuisine, and handicrafts. Experience these native customs first-hand with local artisan demonstrations, a visit to the famous Cerasarda pottery factory, and day trips to the celebrated archaeological site of Li Muri or the Gallura region’s characteristic small villages.
The development of Sardinia’s international tourist industry began in the 1960s thanks to the efforts of Prince Karim Aga Khan IV. Consequently, modern coastal amenities include not only nature’s bounty but also world class restaurants, celebrated architecture, dynamic nightlife, designer boutiques, and the renowned sailing regatta, the Sardinia Cup. For amateur ocean adventurers, excursions to bordering islands Mortorio, Soffi, and Maddalena present a taste of sea life—and the possibility of observing indigenous bottle-nosed dolphins in their natural habitat.
Additional activities include golfing at the esteemed Pevero Golf Course, a ride on a traditional Sardinian steam engine, and unforgettable outings to the Ispinigoli and Blue Marino grottos.
- Store hours are generally from 10am - 1pm and 5pm - 8pm.
- Local currency is the Euro, and the electric system is European Standard 220 volt.
- The official language of Sardinia is Italian, but English, French, German, and Spanish are also spoken.
View Local Area Map
Local Area Recommendations Powered By Foursquare
Caffe' Sole PORTO CERVO-
Yacht club costa smeralda-
Harbor / Marina
Spiaggia Del Pevero-
- Pevero Golf Club 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Porto Cervo 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- La Maddalena and Caprera Islands 19.3 km/12.0 miles
- Porto Rotondo 24.0 km/14.9 miles
- Algarve, Portugal 1528.9 km/950.0 miles
- Cervo Tennis Club 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Porto Cervo Centre 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- OLB - Costa Smeralda Airport/Olbia 32.2 km/20.0 miles
- AHO - Fertilia/Alghero Airport 149.7 km/93.0 miles
- CAG - Elmas Airport/Cagliari 331.5 km/206.0 miles