Rated 4 out of 5 by Marion5 Resort Hotel
The Westin on Bear Mountain is very much a complete resort hotel and was a pleasure to experience.
As I attended a wedding, the experience was even more enhanced, and the setting was perfect.
May 24, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sweetmarie59 This hotel surpasses all expectation !
The hotel is beautiful . The rooms are beautiful , comfortable and very clean .
The garden flowers are gorgeous .
Staff is very conscientious and very helpful .
The restaraunts are not only very inviting with the fireplaces and beautifully set tables the food is delicious !
Overall this hotel has it all , as close to perfection as I have seen .
April 29, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sprouty Good, but not great
We stayed at the Westin Bear Mountain Resort for 2 nights at the beginning of March 2015, and had a mixed experience. The resort is well laid out, has great, but pricey food choices, and has a professional golf course and spa services. However, there were 2 glaring issues. Firstly, the golf course is too expensive for the amenities offered. Considering it's off-season and the course was under some repair, it was not worth the price paid. Secondly, and most disappointing, was the front desk customer service. Both agents, upon check-in and check-out, seemed to view us as an inconvenience. As platinum members, the elite level benefits were lacking or not offered. It's disappointing that platinum members pay the resort fee, which is $20 per night here, since it covers many amenities that are included at the platinum membership level.
March 17, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by KatLin Amazing experience
Our stay for the week was excellent, it was everything we were looking for: great location, great rooms and exceptional staff. Thank you!
January 25, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by SPGjunkieZH Nice
- Upgrade to a nice suite
- Nice kitchenette (fridge, freezer, oven, microwave, dish washer and cooking equipment)
- very quiet rooms / facilities
- complimentary continental breakfast (22 CAD credit for a couple) without coffee, orange juice, taxes (it includes only 1 Croissant + 1 muffin) ... So for a complete hot breakfast you have to expect additional costs. It is much better elsewhere (e.g. the Four Points Victoria provides hot breakfast). And you have to pay taxes in addition anyway (22.00 + 1.10 = 23.10).
- Wifi: upload 2.40 Mbps / download 1.82 Mbps (1 breakdown at 0:30 am for a couple of minutes)
- resort fee includes only SPG Platinum amenities (except golf amenities)
- TV: some channels fuzzy (ca. 20 out of 50)
- SPA / fitness area in separate building: You have to go outside (no underground access /path)
November 27, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Bruce70 Not A Good Experience
I have stayed at many Starwood properties, and this one certainly was disappointing. I findi it difficult to call it a "resort". Here are the problems we encountered during our stay:
1. When we arrived, there was a power outage. While not the fault of the hotel, the lighting in the garage and stairwell was inadequate and created a dangerous condition. The pool was also closed because of the power outage, which did not make sense. The staff wsa completely disoriented.
2. I had called ahead of time to inquire as to the complimentary bike use, and I was assured that free bikes were included with the room. When my family of four attempted to go for a ride on the first morning, we received varying information about the number of bikes available, how to reserve them, whether they could be reserved, and whether there were two bikes for my 10 and 7 year-old children. When we arrived at the valet's station (they were responsible for the bikes), my wife's bike was broken. I was given a bike that pedaled about six yards and then stuck in gear. My wife and I were given two different bikes, and half-way through the ride, one of the spoke's came out of place on my wife's second bike, caught in the chain, and nearly caused her to crash. This occurred while on the paved path. The kids and I took the bikes back, while my wife walked her bike behind. The valet was quite embarassed and told us that they were still working out the kinks with the bikes, that they did not have a designated repair person, and that the off-site repair person would arrive the following day.
3. The room was adequate, although, it had an odd layout and was sparsely decorated. The view was of the garbage dumpster across the street in back of the restaurant next door. I expected more as a SPG Gold member.
4. The room had a kitchenette, but we only had one fork, an odd number of plates, and an odd number of glasses. We had to call several times and actually talk with management about getting additional cutlery and tableware before the problem was resolved. It was not until our third day that we had an adequate supply despite repeated requests.
5. The room was very dusty when we arrived. We actually wrote "dust me" with a finger on the TV stand, and it was two days before it had been dusted off. We took a picture of it because we were in such disbelief. Our deck had a large, filtered cigarette butt sitting on it when we arrived, which was not removed, despite multiple requests, until about the fourth day of our stay. Additioanlly, housekeeping was inconsistent, coming early in the morning on some days, and not until almost 5:00 on others, which caused problems after arriving back to the room from a day out.
6. The walls were thin. An occupant next to us who was there for only one night, thank goodness, was so loud just talking that they woke our entire room up around 6:00 a.m. Apparently, they had travel arrangements and needed to get out of the room early.
7. I wanted to put my kids in private golf lessons as advertised on the website. When we went down to speak to the gentleman at the pro shop, he told us he was going out of town, there would be only one pro for the next couple days, and could not assure us that there would be anyone to give the lessons. Rather than get our name, he told us to check back the next day. I did check back, there was no one to give the private lessons, and we ended up enrolling our kids in one group lesson. The level of customer service was poor. The lack of availablity of golf services for a golf resort was shocking.
8. The front desk seemed overwhelmed and was not very helpful with regard to suggestions for eating out for obtaining additional services.
9. Finally, the food was average at best. We had two meals, one was a BBQ buffet, and the other was a sit down dinner. We actually had better dinner in town for half the price.
After spending a wonderful five days in Scottsdale at the resort there, with impeccable service and top-notch facilities, this experience was seriously lacking. Other than the newness of the faciliity and the nice pool, spa, and gym, we would not recommend this property.
October 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by GTra This hotel has excellent facilities and rooms. The suites are wonderful.
This now our favourite hotel in Victoria, even though it is not seaside.
October 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by kokomo4 Great hotel and golf
Enjoyed my stay, fabulous room (huge!). Food was excellant as was service- would return anytime.
September 29, 2014