Sheraton Xishuangbanna Hotel
Straddling the Lancang River and bordering Myanmar and Laos in China’s southernmost region, Xishuangbanna is an autonomous prefecture located in Yunnan Province. Situated in Gasa Town, the Sheraton Xishuangbanna Hotel is just 8 kilometers from Jinghong’s city center and only a 10-minute drive from Xishuangbanna Gasa International Airport (JHG), formerly known as Jinghong International Airport. As part of the Gasa Tourism Zone, our hotel is near entertainment, restaurants, an ethnic-minority center containing a cluster of Dai-style homes, and ecological residential and health-enhancement districts.
Explore Xishuangbanna’s rich biodiversity. Wild Elephant Valley is teeming with wildlife, including elephants, oxen, peacocks, and monkeys. Take a cable ride to enjoy the rainforest from the air, then see the tropical birds and butterfly displays before watching a peacock show or wild elephant performance. Surrounded by rivers and mountains, the scenic Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden contains thousands of plant species. Visit the dense betel palms, coconut palms, oil palms, and banana trees at Ganlan Ba (Olive Plain). Within the forest, you can admire bamboo houses on stilts and typical Buddhist pagodas.
Historical culture can be found at the Jingzhen Octagonal Pavilion or the White Feilong Pagodas. Situated on the top of Manfeilong Mountain, the latter comprises nine white Hinayana pagodas with rising, golden pinnacles housing colorful paintings, sculptures, and other relics. In the heart of town, the popular Chunhaun (Manting) Park also contains a Buddhist temple and was once an imperial garden.
Sample some of the area’s highly praised foods, including Xishuangbanna’s famed strong-tasting tea. Indigenous tropical fruit includes coconuts, bananas, pineapples, lychees, longan, jackfruit, oranges, egg fruit, mangoes, melons, pomelos, and passion fruit.
View Local Area Map
- Consular Agency of the Lao Peoples Democratic Republic in Jinghong 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Manfeilong Reservoir 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Mengle Great Buddhist Monastery 12.0 km/7.5 miles
- Jino Village 35.0 km/21.8 miles
- Ganlan Dam 40.0 km/24.9 miles
- Tea Horse Road 56.0 km/34.8 miles
- Mengyuan Wonderland 113.0 km/70.2 miles
- Jinghong City 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Mengjinglai Village 105.0 km/65.3 miles
- Manting Park 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Xishuangbanna Primitive Forest Park 19.0 km/11.8 miles
- Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden 75.0 km/46.6 miles
- Xishuangbanna Tropical Rainforest 156.0 km/96.9 miles
- Xishuangbanna Gasa Airport 4.0 km/2.5 miles