Rated 5 out of 5 by miamiblonde Decadence in this new country of qatar
Upon arrival you know you are in for a treat. Hotel is impeccably kept , gorgeous and huge but with a small feel.
Rooms are huge and well designed with lots of amenities and storage Space.
Cant Wait to return and be pampered again.
May 3, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chris123344 Butler service redefined! Top notch
I stayed at this hotel for a few nights and from the time we arrived there until the end it was amazing.
The best part clearly was the butler called Alex. I stayed in a number of very nice hotels but this the best experience that I have ever had with a butler. When we went upstairs to the room, he informed me about the complimentary pressing service and also for shoe cleaning. Then when i unpacked my clothes and informed the butler that I will now ear my shorts and my shirt for the beach, he said that I could not go out like this and offered to iron it right away on the spot in my room. Wow! I have never experienced something like this.
He also informed me that they have an unpacking and a packing service in case I needed help. I however did not have a need for this service.
A really great experience, thank you Alex, you made the difference! We come back.
April 29, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by Dubaintraveller Check in and check out is a let down
There was no SPG Gold recognition. On the contrary, confusion where I got issued a new membership! GM responded to my complaint and promised to sort out.
March 26, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer Great Hotel, Great Staff & unparrale Service
With the level of occupancy during my stay, I giver Kudos to the Team of the this Hotel headed by Tareq.
Well-done to the Amazing Team.
March 26, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Georgesb Customer service
Excellent customer service
I am dealing directly with our account manager and sales director who are very responsive and helped secure my bookings in addition to providing a daily working room for me and my team.
Butler responsiveness and laundry could a bit more responsiveness.
March 24, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jazz11 Nice hotel , very good facilities
Good experience , high professional staff
March 5, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jelay08 This hotel is truly amazing, must vist!!!
Booking is very good, perfect ambience, restaurant is good and has great service and food.
All the staff from reservation, butler, bellboy, recreation, all in all are fantastic and good!
We enjoyed our stay so much, especially our daughter, can't wait for our next visit.
February 21, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by G511 Disappointing Experience
• The website states that the room has a private terrace. However, when I walked into my room, I realized that the terrace is not private, but rather a communal terrace, where all the rooms around can walk into it. The information on the St Regis Doha website is not accurate.
• The hotel held the New Year’s Eve party on the Vine and Opal restaurants’ terrace on the 1st floor, which was very loud. I was able to hear the music in my room all the time. The noise of the party travelled all the way to my sister’s room located on the 8th floor. Now all of this would’ve been fine if anyone at any point informed us about. There were no notes on the website regarding the loud noises of the party during the booking. No one either informed us during check-in time that there would be a party running until 2:00 am. The least the hotel could have done was to inform me about this during my booking or check-in time, so I have the potion to change my room.
• The minibar was locked in my room. I understood that was because the hotel did not hold any deposit on my credit card. The shocking news here was when I asked to have my minibar and fridge emptied, the hotel requested a payment of 100 QR! I had to speak to two duty managers regarding this surprising policy. I have stayed in many hotels during my life, ranging from 4-star to 7-star hotels, including St. Regis New York, not once I have came across a hotel that asked me to pay money to have my minibar emptied. The duty manager here claimed that the money was to be paid because this is an extra work on the staff, he needs storage space for the items in the minibar and he is risking the delicate chocolates in the minibar by moving them to somewhere else. And after long arguments with the duty manager, he finally agreed to empty my minibar free of charge. To my surprise when the staff member opened the locked minibar, it contained few soft drinks only and a bag of chocolates that can be found in any grocery store in Doha! Nothing delicate! Nothing too fancy to be moved away.
• The showered was broken. And the room had a blinking light. (poor maintenance)
•My sister was always being addressed with the wrong last name, even after she informed the staff about it.
• Wrong food orders. Coffee arrived cold and spilled allover the cup. Clean cups had lipstick stains.
• The staff knocked the door even when the Don’t Disturb sign was on. And this has happened not only for me but also with all my family members who stayed in the hotel during the same time. One staff even tried to open the door of my sister's room to get in, although the Don't Disturb sign was on and the door was chained.
• On checkout day, we had to call twice for the concierge to pick up the luggage. When we complained about them being late, they claimed that they did not have enough staff!
Anyone can clearly tell that this is neither the service of a 5-star Hotel, nor the standards of St. Regis Hotels worldwide. Staying at the St. Regis Doha is something I definitely do not prefer to do again.
January 9, 2016