Rated 5 out of 5 by Wayne2016 Good service
The best one in TJ! nice view near by river, good service!
March 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sakatak Room upgrade for Platinum member
Room upgrade was not offered even though the reservation was made a few days ahead, by the reason of no available room. It was the first time I was not upgraded.
February 26, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Hello2014 Room for improvement
After consuming the complimentary coffee, suger, milk and tea inside the guestroom in Day 2, there was no top up until I checked-out in Day 4.
February 22, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by xuyaoyork Disappointed stay!
This is my second stay in this hotel but it is very unsatisfactory this time.
1. I was wake up 6:30in the morning by a wake up call. Apparently the hotel staff confused me as a "Mr. Wang" who set up a wake up call at 6:30 while my wake up call was intended to be set at 8. A mistake that should not be happening in a St.Regis!
2. Bathroom floor - not clean with obvious stains.
3. I was promised by the butler who led me to my room that there would be complimentary fruit platter delivered to my room around 3pm but I never received that for two days.
4. Finding cabs is always like a nightmare but this not the hotel's fault I guess.
January 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Traveller2984 Probably the best hotel in Tianjin
The hotel was excellent. The staff were very helpful and polite. Very much enjoyed the sashimi in the Promenade restaurant. The Riviera restaurant was quite good, but the beef was a little too chewy.
Our room was facing the river, it was a very beautiful view.
One thing I would like to mention is that the wifi in the room is not free, even though on the log in page it says it should be free to the Starwood Preferred Guests.
January 27, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Richman Not Ready for Preferred Guest Stay
1. Check in reception: took more that 15mins to get the registration done
2. Power plug next to the working table.:Very disapointed that this new hotel does not eqiup with international mutiple plugs
3. My laundry was not send to my room as promised, before my checked out time.
4. Buttler, did not do a good job. No one came to help to bring my luggage afer 15min of my call to request for the service. I brought the luggage by myself
5. Not enough rubbish bins in the room
6. No stationary
7. Design layout of the room is not perfect as hotel for example bathroom doors are clashing each other, pantry to make coffee
November 16, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by hyh1 Great hotel
Stopped by for a good night's rest after a long trip across N. China.
Met all expectations. The chocolates were great!
July 1, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lei711 Good to great, excellent service, highly recommended
Booking with hotel sales manager direct for a group rate, rate was great and a 1st feeling of the hotel staff was great. Currently, The St. Regis bar on the ground floor offers complimentary happy hours (5-7pm) to all the guest, and Thursday, they have a seafood session for Gold/Plat. member. I enjoyed it very much. Room is good and well equipmented. International newspaper are avaliable for delivery. The best about this hotel is the butler serivces, they really can manage all my expectations, mobility, locations, in room coffee and tea, etc. Just beyond my expectation. The morning buffet was with good quality and many options, quite simple, if you are not a heavy breakfast eater, this shall be also good. Gym is on B1 underground, I wish there would be a riverview gym somehow, but well equiped. Swimming pool is quite nice, but with one issue (below). The conceige provide with good services and so does all of the hotel staffs. Improvement can be, 1. Swimming pool, the water temp is around 26, a little bit chill I would say, 2. Gym location, can be better 3. Cleanness of the room, can be better but already at good standard. I'll definitely stay at this hotel again and highly recommend this hotel to others.
March 18, 2013