The Westin Xian
Situated in the heart of Qu Jiang New District, The Westin Xian is only a few steps from fascinating cultural sites, fine dining restaurants, entertainment, and shopping areas—including the Century Ginwa Shopping Mall, just opposite the hotel.
Historic treasures in the form of bronze, gold, and silver artifacts and Tang Tomb murals await discovery at the Shaanxi Provincial History Museum, while the Forest of Stone Steles Museum is home to a trove of stone tablets. The Qin Opera, China’s oldest form of opera, offers live insight into this inspiring ancient culture.
Nearby, temples, tombs, and storied ruins, such as the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, reveal the city’s role as one of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China. Just a few kilometers north, the 14th-century walls of the ancient inner city protect Xian’s renowned Bell Tower, the original capital’s geographic center, and the Drum Tower. Stroll along the antique streets, stopping in characteristic shops that sell original handicrafts—from ceramics and paintbrushes to embroidery.
Just 30 kilometers east of the city sit the Terracotta Army vaults. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the vaults date back more than 2,000 years and house thousands of life-size terracotta warriors who protect the nearby tomb of China’s first emperor, Qin Shi Huang.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Shaanxi Provincial Museum 1.5 km/0.9 miles
- Forest of Steles Museum 4.8 km/3.0 miles
- Banpo Museum and Neolithic Village 14.5 km/9.0 miles
- Qin Terracotta Warriors 33.8 km/21.0 miles
- The Great Mosque 6.4 km/4.0 miles
- Microsoft Corporation 3.9 km/2.4 miles
- Intel 4.8 km/3.0 miles
- Xian Hi-Tech Industry Zone 6.4 km/4.0 miles
- Emerson Network Power 6.4 km/4.0 miles
- ZTE Corporation 8.1 km/5.0 miles
- Cisco Systems 8.9 km/5.5 miles
- Xi'an Economic & Technological Development Zone (XETDZ) 11.3 km/7.0 miles
- Coca Cola Beverages Ltd. 12.9 km/8.0 miles
- Xian International Golf Club 32.2 km/20.0 miles
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda 0.2 km/0.1 miles
- Tang Paradise 0.8 km/0.5 miles
- Shu Yuan Men Ancient Street 4.8 km/3.0 miles
- City Wall 4.8 km/3.0 miles
- The Bell Tower 5.6 km/3.5 miles
- Muslim Street 6.4 km/4.0 miles
- Huaqing Hot Springs 33.8 km/21.0 miles
- Daming Palace National Heritage Park 8.1 km/5.0 miles
- Xi'an Xianyang International Airport 30.6 km/19.0 miles