The Westin Tashee Resort, Taoyuan
The Westin Tashee Resort, Taoyuan sits amid lush wooded mountains at the edge of the greater Taipei region. Taoyuan, which saw an infusion of settlers from Guangdong and Fujian provinces during the Qing Dynasty, underwent structural changes after being designated as Taoyuan County in 1950, leading to an unprecedented period of economic and population growth. This established the region as an essential industrial and technological hub.
Taoyuan is home to historic landmarks such as the Chihu Mausoleum, which is the final resting place of the former President of Taiwan, Chiang Kai-Shek. Nearby is Cihu Memorial Sculpture Park, which features nearly 100 bronze statues of the leader, all with their own artistic character, as well as elegant Chinese gardens and natural streams.
Shimen Reservoir is the largest reservoir among far-eastern countries and is one of the region’s most remarkable destinations. Beyond its inspiring mountain views, the reservoir plays an important ecological role in the region—generating power, serving as a water source for local agriculture, preventing flooding, and providing drinking water for those who call the area home.
A short ride away is Daxi Old Street, a distinctive stretch of traditional Baroque style facades which house a diverse collection of specialty shops and vendors serving the unique delicacies of the region.
Adjacent to the resort is the Tashee Golf and Country Club, one of the top courses in the country and previously host to several international tournaments.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Republic of Chocolate 14.0 km/8.7 miles
- New Taipei City Yingge Ceramics Museum 14.0 km/8.7 miles
- Coke Pavilion 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Daxi Old Street 6.4 km/4.0 miles
- Cihu Mausoleum 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Sanxia Old Street 16.0 km/9.9 miles
- Shihmen Reservoir 16.0 km/9.9 miles
- Taoyuan Tourist Night Market 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Zhongli Night Market 23.0 km/14.3 miles
- Wei Chuan Pushin Ranch 23.0 km/14.3 miles
- Xiao Wulai Scenic Area 31.0 km/19.3 miles
- Zhu Wei Fishing Port 44.0 km/27.3 miles
- Yong An Fishing Port 46.0 km/28.6 miles
- Lala Mountain 66.0 km/41.0 miles
- Ta Shee Blooming Oasis 12.0 km/7.5 miles
- Man Yue Yuan National Forest Recreation Area 23.0 km/14.3 miles
- Window on China Theme Park 23.0 km/14.3 miles
- Dongyanshan National Forest Recreation Area 27.0 km/16.8 miles
- Taoyuan Railway Station 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) 36.0 km/22.4 miles
- Taipei Songshan Airport 45.0 km/28.0 miles