The Westin Melbourne
Методы охраны окружающей среды
The Westin Melbourne embraces environmental stewardship and is committed to integrating environmental practices and sustainability principles into our core business strategy as part of the Australian hospitality community.
As one component of our commitment, we offer guests the option to participate in a carbon-offset program which utilizes the measurement approach, then invests in projects that reduce the amount of greenhouse gas emitted into the atmosphere, in hopes of providing long-term solutions to global warming.
The hotel is also actively working to implement new services and business activities that reduce our carbon impact, even as we continue to innovate on and improve current practices. New practices include establishing and reporting on key environmental performance indicators as well as raising environmental awareness among our associates, guests, and communities.
At the heart of The Westin Melbourne's goal to become industry leaders in conservation is our belief that economic growth and the well-being of the community are inextricably tied to the health of the environment. By blending an upscale, luxury hotel experience with low-impact living practices, we offer guests the peace of mind inherent in doing business with an organisation whose concern for the environment is demonstrated by both our actions and our words.
Energy & Water Conservation:
- High-efficiency lighting in guest rooms
- High-efficiency lighting in public areas
- Water conserving fixtures
- Regular preventive maintenance
- Make A Green Choice program rewards guests for choosing to conserve natural resources in their guest room
- New, efficient kitchen appliances
Waste Minimization & Environmentally Responsible Purchasing:
- Recycling Dumpster monitoring
- Environmentally preferred suppliers
- Environmentally preferred products
- Amenity management
- Recycling deep-fryer oil into biodiesel fuel for delivery trucks
- Bulk purchases to reduce packaging waste
Enhanced Indoor Environmental Quality:
- Green Housekeeping
- Integrated pest management practices
- Property-level Green Council
- Sustainable Meetings Practices
- Carbon-offset program
Признание и награды
Global Business Travel Association (GBTA)
Project ICARUS Supplier Gold Medal