Unwind by the Arabian Sea in a tropical paradise lined by dramatic red cliffs, soft, pristine sands, coconut palms and scenic views in every direction. You’ll discover beautiful and secluded beaches, colourful fishing communities and electrifying performances and nightlife while basking in indulgent comforts at W Goa.
Explore the area’s eclectic history by hiking up Vagator’s trademark black rocks to Chapora Fort, a 500-year-old Portuguese structure with panoramic vistas of Goa and the sea. Tiny cottages draped with lemon, purple and fuchsia hues dot the long stretches of the dazzling white Big Vagator and Ozrant beaches, where you can watch fishermen in traditional attire at work. Soak in Vagator’s freshwater springs before browsing exotic vegetable stands, second-hand bookstores and specialty bakeries at Chapora Village. At the jetty, watch trawlers unload bulging nets full of the day’s catch, or go on a dolphin-spotting cruise. At Ozrant Beach, an astonishing stone face of Lord Shiva has been carved into a boulder by an unknown sculptor.
Beyond Vagator, bask away at Anjuna Beach, one of the most popular and gorgeous beaches on Goa’s north shore. On Wednesdays, a flea market displays a fascinating array of local trinkets, artwork and crafts, and after the sun sets, infamous full-moon parties last all night by the shore. Brave the Saturday night market in Arpora, where a mix of psychedelia and cutting-edge creativity permeates the clothes, furniture, handicrafts and food. Former capital Old Goa was once Asia’s richest and most splendid city; today, the Basilica of Bom Jesus, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, houses the Miraculous Cross and the remains of St. Francis Xavier, the state’s patron saint. At the Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary and Mollem National Park, you’ll find Dudhsagar Falls, one of the world’s most exquisite waterfalls and a powerful natural phenomenon during rainier seasons. The intricate Tambdi Surla Temple is among Goa’s more renowned Hindu places of worship, with beautifully carved elephants and lotus flowers adorning its façade.
After dark, renowned bars spin world-famous Goan trance as DJs from across the globe drop in for gigs. A calendar of exhilarating festivals, such as Carnival and Christmas street parties, keeps things pulsating all year long.
Visualizzate la Mappa della regione
Arte e Cultura
- Museo archeologico e galleria dei ritratti 27.0 km/16.8 miglia
- Ancestral Goa 47.0 km/29.2 miglia
- Forte di Chapora 0.1 km/0.1 miglia
- Fort Aguada 13.0 km/8.1 miglia
- Casinò Deltin Royale 20.0 km/12.4 miglia
- Casinò Deltin Jaqk 20.0 km/12.4 miglia
- Basilica del Buon Gesù 27.0 km/16.8 miglia
- Casa Menezes Braganza Pereira 59.0 km/36.7 miglia
- Cascate di Dudhsagar 90.0 km/55.9 miglia
- Vagator Beach 0.0 km/0.0 miglia
- Spiaggia di Anjuna 3.0 km/1.9 miglia
- Spiaggia di Baga 8.0 km/5.0 miglia
- Spiaggia di Calangute 10.0 km/6.2 miglia
- Santuario di Bhagwan Mahaveer e Parco nazionale di Mollem 85.0 km/52.8 miglia
- Mercato delle pulci di Anjuna 3.6 km/2.2 miglia
- Mercato del venerdì di Mapusa 10.0 km/6.2 miglia
- Mall De Goa 15.0 km/9.3 miglia
- Mercato di Panjim 21.0 km/13.1 miglia
- Centro commerciale Caculo 23.0 km/14.3 miglia
- Aeroporto Internazionale di Goa (GOI) 45.0 km/28.0 miglia